Toggle for Switch/Stay in Battles?

prettiestfuccboi

Question

5 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, prettiestfuccboi said:

Awww why not? ?

Is it just difficult to track that or would it break the game? Is there any more info about it?

It's been left out intentionally for balancing reasons. It gives you an enormous advantage over the AI, trivializing the game's difficulty by allowing you to always maintain a type advantage and bypass the drawbacks of powerful moves.

27 minutes ago, Rache said:

It's been left out intentionally for balancing reasons. It gives you an enormous advantage over the AI, trivializing the game's difficulty by allowing you to always maintain a type advantage and bypass the drawbacks of powerful moves.

I don't understand, if I want more of a hardcore experience I would just turn it off myself in the settings or you could have a hardcore difficulty setting. If I wanna cheese a boss by switching Pokémon a ton why shouldn't I be able to? It's a legitimate strategy. I figured younger people would also be playing the game so I don't see the need to gatekeep an online Pokémon game. 

There's no real advantage to players that choose to have the option on so I don't see why there wouldn't be a toggle. I feel like players should be able to choose how difficult they want their Pokémon journey to be. 

31 minutes ago, prettiestfuccboi said:

I don't understand, if I want more of a hardcore experience I would just turn it off myself in the settings or you could have a hardcore difficulty setting. If I wanna cheese a boss by switching Pokémon a ton why shouldn't I be able to? It's a legitimate strategy. I figured younger people would also be playing the game so I don't see the need to gatekeep an online Pokémon game. 

There's no real advantage to players that choose to have the option on so I don't see why there wouldn't be a toggle. I feel like players should be able to choose how difficult they want their Pokémon journey to be. 

This sort of crutch is acceptable in a single-player game, but not in an MMO with an economy largely tied to how easily you can win battles. If you can gather resources more quickly or by using methods/teams that require less preparation/investment because you've got the easy setting turned on, you're at a big advantage over other players who don't. It wouldn't really be an option, it would be mandatory for players who stick around after the storyline to have it turned on.

The game's difficulty has been rebalanced from the originals, it's designed to be quite a bit more challenging. We're not interested in implementing a change that makes the game significantly easier, sorry.