NEXT GEN POKEMONS

flencheastef

Question

8 answers to this question

they cant just add pokemon normally because that would infringe on copyright, they would need to add compatibility with the gen 6 roms so they could take the pokemon from the roms instead like they've done with gen 3-5 to avoid copyright which would take way longer

copyright? but the rest of pokemon games multyplayerr have the gen 6 pokemons,and pokemon showdown have all the pokemons..

It will be greatif the game evolves to the stage of having full Pokedex,I beleive it will be a complete game,that everyone will adore it

Searched for game like that for ages,no game can implement all pokes?

16 minutes ago, flencheastef said:

copyright? but the rest of pokemon games multyplayerr have the gen 6 pokemons,and pokemon showdown have all the pokemons..

It will be greatif the game evolves to the stage of having full Pokedex,I beleive it will be a complete game,that everyone will adore it

Searched for game like that for ages,no game can implement all pokes?

i don't know how other pokemon games avoid copyright, but there's been many that have been shut down such as most of the big pokemon games on roblox and pokemon uranium. as far as i know pokemmo is the only one that cannot be shut down because it just takes the content from the roms instead of using it normally, and i can assure you most of the community would want it to stay this way

11 minutes ago, Jaden said:

i don't know how other pokemon games avoid copyright, but there's been many that have been shut down such as most of the big pokemon games on roblox and pokemon uranium. as far as i know pokemmo is the only one that cannot be shut down because it just takes the content from the roms instead of using it normally, and i can assure you most of the community would want it to stay this way

I understand that the community want it to stay like this because is a excelent game...But future small updates with new pokes will make this game beter and closer to complete.

Its anoying that for a poke fan,no pokemon game,not even the real ones don;t have the full national dex

This Game is a big potential !

2 minutes ago, flencheastef said:

I understand that the community want it to stay like this because is a excelent game...But future small updates with new pokes will make this game beter and closer to complete.

Its anoying that for a poke fan,no pokemon game,not even the real ones don;t have the full national dex

This Game is a big potential !

i'm saying that most of the community would want it to stay how it is so that it doesn't get shut down, anyone would be happy with new content but that risks the game being shut down

1 hour ago, Jaden said:

I still say this is mostly a false sense of security. If Nintendo were to serve Pokemmo a cease and desist order with the threat of legal action, I doubt Pokemmo could defend itself in court. I think the nature of Pokemmo essentially being an emulator does make it a little more complicated, but I do believe that courts would side with Nintendo/GameFreak if they were to assert their copyright.

Other Pokemon MMOs are far more egregious in their infringement. They have not been shut down either. My guess is that certain romhacks and games on roblox are just more visible, or were just unlucky After all, not every fangame or romhack gets C&D'd. And what the company is interested in protecting here is their control of the brand. Roblox does brand synergizing and promotions, for instance, so having a Pokemon game on Roblox potentially infringes on Ninendo's right to promote Pokemon on Roblox should they choose to do so. Many romhacks and fangames, on the other hand, advertise themselves as new and definitive versions of their base Pokemon games. Even youtubers and tiktokers with "Poke" in their handles have been served C&Ds. Nobody knows WHY Nintendo hasn't taken down any of these MMOs. It could be that none of these MMOs are on NIntendo's radar and certain romhacks and fangames ended up in their crosshairs by pure happenstance. It's hard to know what they're reasoning is, but I seriously doubt that Pokemmo could defend itself in court if Nintendo decided to litigate. A cease and desist would absolutely spell the end of Pokemmo.

EDIT: Regardless of the perceived legality of Pokemmo, I do think the only way for this to work with the model that Pokemmo operates under is to have it require Pokemon X or Y (or allow it to be optional) only for the data on each Pokemon. Then, rely on modders to fill in the graphics for battle and field sprites as was done with gen 5 followers because the gen 6 carts don't provide them. Might be more trouble than it's worth, sadly. I'm sure the dev team wants to stay operating within the model they've been operating in, even if, as I'm certain, it's  mostly a false sense of security and not actual legal protection.

Edited by AnRae
13 minutes ago, AnRae said:

I still say this is mostly a false sense of security. If Nintendo were to serve Pokemmo a cease and desist order with the threat of legal action, I doubt Pokemmo could defend itself in court. I think the nature of Pokemmo essentially being an emulator does make it a little more complicated, but I do believe that courts would side with Nintendo/GameFreak if they were to assert their copyright.

Other Pokemon MMOs are far more egregious in their infringement. They have not been shut down either. My guess is that certain romhacks and games on roblox are just more visible, or were just unlucky After all, not every fangame or romhack gets C&D'd. And what the company is interested in protecting here is their control of the brand. Roblox does brand synergizing and promotions, for instance, so having a Pokemon game on Roblox potentially infringes on Ninendo's right to promote Pokemon on Roblox should they choose to do so. Many romhacks and fangames, on the other hand, advertise themselves as new and definitive versions of their base Pokemon games. Even youtubers and tiktokers with "Poke" in their handles have been served C&Ds. Nobody knows WHY Nintendo hasn't taken down any of these MMOs. It could be that none of these MMOs are on NIntendo's radar and certain romhacks and fangames ended up in their crosshairs by pure happenstance. It's hard to know what they're reasoning is, but I seriously doubt that Pokemmo could defend itself in court if Nintendo decided to litigate. A cease and desist would absolutely spell the end of Pokemmo.

i've been watching this game since 2012, it's gone through many popularity spikes since then and nintendo is definitely aware of it. i heard that pokemmo survived a cease and desist in the past and they ended up only having to change gift shop item names because of it. the pokemmo client literally has no pokemon content in it and everything is taken from the roms, so as long as emulators are legal then pokemmo is too

also nintendo has already taken down pokemon mmos before

Edited by Jaden

Pomemon games like Pokeblaze,THE SMOOTH AND INVIGORATING TASTE OF MONSTER ENERGY DRINK®,pokeplanet,poke revolution have gen 6 included,and they are on this life for long time...

I still beleive the pokemmo Devs are doing something about it and at least prepare a big update,and when its safe to put it,Just go for it !

I know its a hard job but players will be very pleased about it,new strategys,new skins,More donations

This is the mmo that everyone wants it,but there are 3 out of 8 generation missing....the most disapointing in my opinion

Hope 2022 WIl have something good...