November-Movement Discussion Thread

• Munya featured and pinned this topic

My rant about UU:

Over the past 9 months, UU has changed dramatically. Right when P2 was starting to be suspected as a potential defensive uber mon, UU lost Jellicent, gained Swampert/Gastrodon and TC decided the metagame was stable enough to test out PZ. So at that time, TC decided P2 was fine in UU.

P-Z completly destroyed the fragile UU tier and players had to look to NU to find answers: Gigalith, Mismagius and Spiritomb. This could be indicative of how unhealthy PZ has been since people were forced to integrate in their team mons that were previously not viable. Perhaps, these mons were underated and PZ incentivize people to reveal their potential, but I seriously doubt that's the case.

Then, Metagross/Heracross moved up to OU and TC decided the metagame (that had been destroyed by PZ) was once again stable enough to test out Lucario. So once again, TC decided Porygon2 was completly fine in UU. 

Based on what I have read in the Lucario thread, TC is considering banning P2 before banning Lucario and PZ. This is imo outrageous. If P2 was fine in UU when it was decided that PZ and Lucario should be tested, why is that no longer the case? P2 was an indredible wall that could switch on many things and on which it was insanely difficult to switch in. That was the case 9 months ago, that was the case when P-Z was introduced in UU, that was the case when Lucario was introduced in UU and that is still the case today. If P2 gets banned now, TC would pretty much invalidate their reasoning for testing PZ and Lucario in the first place. 

So basically, if TC wants to ban P2, they imo need to ban Lucario and PZ first.

It doesn't fucking matter what is higher than what, what's the usage, what's the winrate and what not. People (and I don't include myself because competitive scene of MMO became so atrocious I don't want it anymore) who play the tier want things gone to make the tier enjoyable for them. And yet, it's refused because of whatever idiotic rules were made up.

Get fucking rid of Lucario, P2 and PZ.

end of rant

Edited by RysPicz
19 hours ago, gbwead said:

Based on what I have read in the Lucario thread, TC is considering banning P2 before banning Lucario and PZ. This is imo outrageous. If P2 was fine in UU when it was decided that PZ and Lucario should be tested, why is that no longer the case? P2 was an indredible wall that could switch on many things and on which it was insanely difficult to switch in. That was the case 9 months ago, that was the case when P-Z was introduced in UU, that was the case when Lucario was introduced in UU and that is still the case today. If P2 gets banned now, TC would pretty much invalidate their reasoning for testing PZ and Lucario in the first place

I just want to point out that there's some contradiction here, P2 is indeed a incredible wall, and removing it alone means that Lucario and PZ are way less free to roam, how countless times have I faced Lucarios that try to setup or attack and then switch P2 for FREE in front of my faster special attacker... there's no punishment, P2 is just something to switch whenever you're in trouble and it works. There are a lot of special attackers / bulky revenge killer that can deal with both these threats and they are prevented from anything because of P2. If it is removed, of course these two will be weaker aswell. Weaker enough ? Idk. But if it's complicated to ban all three, going for P2 alone is not irrelevant. 

Edited by Poufilou

For the first time in many months i can say that the decisions made are right. Good job ending lucario's test and putting it back to BL. 

And thank god, finally p2 is out of the tier. I've been speaking about it for idk how long, we finally escaped the circle where only offensive pokemons get banned in this game. Its the right choice and the right reasons aswell.

About pz im not yet decided. The previous checks it has are still there except 2 offensive mons that can force it out(metagross and now lucario). Since nothing has been done for now i think its the next to look at, potentially even quick banning if it gets out of control. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.