Realtime Lighting Sprite Roadmap

This mod is my version of Pokémon sprites using custom coded shaders and visual effects.
Pokémon size is formulated based on actual pokedex height data in relation to other Pokémon.
The goal is to release all 5 generations, front, back, and shiny.

(1/09) Roadmap update:
The mod has been launched.
Please refer to the official launch post from now on.
This thread is no longer observed.

Edited by JDChaos
Update Roadmap

Hi, I don't know if this helps but some sprite mods I saw use text files named table-back-scale (1=0.165, 2=0.165, etc), table-front-scale (1=0.5, 2=0.5, etc) and table-summary-scale (1=1, 2=1, etc), those are the numbers I saw for each text files, I think back = back sprites, front = front sprites and summary = summary sprites.

Thank you @Cosmicplasma.

I am aware of the front, back, summary, and coord files. Unfortunately, They are not enough to match the shadows. It is possibly an issue with the field of view of the camera in 3d modeling and rendering engines. I am hoping to get specific number advice for FOV, or relative scaling numbers for front back and summary based on either width or height pixels. 

I appreciate your help, we are currently testing formulas of data based on the kg weight of Pokémon. Hopefully we will find a solution before the weekend is over.

• JDChaos changed the title to [MOD] Realtime Lighting Sprites WIP
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Poole said:

Any updates on this mod? Are you still working on it. Thanks

Yes Poole, we have essentially finished Generation 1. Generation 2 is currently in testing phase now. Generation 3 is being organized and rendered.

I'll have one of the more forum suave members post something here for everyone.

• JDChaos changed the title to [MOD] Realtime Lighting Sprite Roadmap
Just now, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

what do u mean with follower sprites. that sounds interesting

you dont remember bro? it was a while ago ahahaha you show me your project about followers, and I told you my idea was to make the followers more accurate to their real size, I could upscale them but they look blurry and only works on DS roms

2 minutes ago, budadeth said:

you dont remember bro? it was a while ago ahahaha you show me your project about followers, and I told you my idea was to make the followers more accurate to their real size, I could upscale them but they look blurry and only works on DS roms

oh yea idk why but the way it sounded was i thought you wanted similar 3d models as followers 

• JDChaos changed the title to Realtime Lighting Sprite Roadmap