This game has.... issues

Ok so i recently got back into the game, because a couple of friends wanted to try it out. I played it already for like 700-800h back in 2017. But either my memories are tainted or something went really wrong somewhere. I get that the game is made a little harder on purpose. But common like EVERY pokemon has now something like Life Orb and hard hitting moves to hit pokemon who have an elemental advantage over them. I mean if thats the case why bother even bringing them? I started to bring neutral pokemon and have a much easier time since then, or should i say a much cheaper? Because it doesent really add difficulty to the game the only thing is people have to heal way way more. I mean if you want to tune the game up, do it in a way that is fun, and make AI more behave like a PvP opponent with a proper moveset. All this does is adding frustration cause you spend more time healing than actually playing the game. 

With that beeing said i also noticed that i got paralysed and put to sleep way more then i used to be, my friends also complained about this so i decided to test this out myself. The Pokemon i used was a pidgeot with tanglet feet. So i had no special resistences whatsoever. My goal was to get hit by 30% status chance moves like poison jab and a 10% move like poison tail a 1000 times each. But i couldnt stand it anymore with the 30% moves i got pretty close to my goal with 932. But only 567 of the 10% hits were done.

So my results basically confirmed my feeling of beeing put into a status way to often in fact with the 30 % moves it was more than double the amount it should be. With correct numbers i should have been inflicted with a status 279.6 Times the actual number it happened is 601 times so about 64.48% wtf? Out of the 567 10% moves 56.7 should inflict a status in reality it happened 104 times, so about 18.34%.

So my real question is was this communicated in any way and was done on purpose? Or did something with the code went really wrong?

Many people have played this game as a fashion show and a trade war. Although the essence of the Pokemon game has been lost, you have to admit that it is also a new way of playing 

I wish you a happy life! 

8 hours ago, razimove said:

game AI difficulty was updated, but it's still easy enough that anyone can beat it, just get good.

Yh maybe you should try to read first. So tell me can you even comprehend what was written or was it maybe too advanced for you. So maybe get good at life first.

6 hours ago, Desu said:

There should be nothing modified with the random status effect rate. One factor is that it matters a lot more here than on vanilla difficulty so you notice it more.

Like i said in my opening post its not only that i noticed it more i also tested it so there is definetly something wrong. The Problem for me personally is the annoyance behind it. I mean it just adds a round or two healing on top of a normal encounter. But over the course of 4 games plus reruns its just annoying nothing more.

16 minutes ago, Zephyrus said:

i also tested it so there is definetly something wrong.

Will you publish the results of your tests? You're claiming to have tested this more, and to a better degree, than a developer. On the chance they're wrong, I'd love to see the findings of your research so we can really crack down on this issue and hold these lying developers accountable. 

12 hours ago, Zephyrus said:

do it in a way that is fun, and make AI more behave like a PvP opponent with a proper moveset.

12 hours ago, Zephyrus said:

But common like EVERY pokemon has now something like Life Orb and hard hitting moves

You're complaining about the AI having good items and moves, while also suggesting the AI be given better items and moves. 

50 minutes ago, Zephyrus said:

Yh maybe you should try to read first. So tell me can you even comprehend what was written or was it maybe too advanced for you. So maybe get good at life first.

I did, sorry I struggle to understand your problem, is it lack of skill? So hard omg, they all have life orbs!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Zephyrus said:

So my results basically confirmed my feeling of beeing put into a status way to often in fact with the 30 % moves it was more than double the amount it should be

has a point

2 hours ago, Zephyrus said:

get good at life first

has his own issues (Psychological projection?)

Hello gentlemen, since I notice a lot of video game development capacity gathered here, I would like to ask some GM who is around this thread and clarify how much a +1 speed increases, for example a Flapping Dance of Volcarona Timid +1 in speed it rebate various Scarf of the chosen scarf

Edited by BrandonBraune
gramathy
16 hours ago, BrandonBraune said:

Hello gentlemen, since I notice a lot of video game development capacity gathered here, I would like to ask some GM who is around this thread and clarify how much a +1 speed increases, for example a Flapping Dance of Volcarona Timid +1 in speed it rebate various Scarf of the chosen scarf

Hi, a +1 in the common stats (atk, def, sp atk, sp def, speed) is like this image shows:
image.png.deaa4c4db5772fd0a21116c4f4e08579.png

In the other stats like evasion or accuracy it's like this 
image.png.a7686af82b024bdb356591a2035cf9c9.png 

21 hours ago, BrandonBraune said:

Usually speaking, since all our mechanics are loyal to the handhelds, any info regarding most of them can be found through pokemondb/bulbapedia/smogon etc

• 1 month later...

I've beaten all four regions twice and I think the balance is fine. Personally, I would get very bored if every gym leader was monotype without items or coverage moves. If I wanted that kind of experience, I could just play the originals.

If you're healing several rounds in a match, your team is probably under leveled or there's flaws in your strategy. You're not forced to burn items, just lose the fight and grind some levels and/or swap out some different pokemon.

I wouldn't be surprised if the AI does have heightened accuracy as its a simple way to raise difficulty. Even with these crutches, NPC fights are vastly easier than PvP, only a little skill and patience are required to complete the game.