Sorting pokémon in pc

BuurmanJuan

Question

14 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Du said:

It's a great idea and will make my games a lot more convenient, but this relies on a powerful computing system 

Sorting the data that is delivered to the client side through an API is not difficult, can be done server side and doesn't require any advanced technology or "powerful computing system". This would not be difficult to implement.

Edited by AnRae
15 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

There is a search funtionality in PC. Can type pokemon name you're looking for. Or even a move, or OT. Or advanced search like GTL. More than enough imo. 

Ok thanks for your opinion but I disagree lol. My pokémon are all over the place right now and there's no structure in it whatsoever. 

You can search for pokemon by level ,name ,egg group, tier ,gender and even ivs so if you misplaced a pokemon the only reason you wont be able to find it using this system is cause you don't even know the pokemon you're looking for. 

You can make use of battle boxes to hold pokemon for quick access later (when you open your box) for story ,pvp ,pve etcs. I mean that is one of the reasons why we have battle boxes right? 

Edited by BrokenJoker
On 10/29/2021 at 4:49 PM, BrokenJoker said:

You can search for pokemon by level ,name ,egg group, tier ,gender and even ivs so if you misplaced a pokemon the only reason you wont be able to find it using this system is cause you don't even know the pokemon you're looking for. 

You can make use of battle boxes to hold pokemon for quick access later (when you open your box) for story ,pvp ,pve etcs. I mean that is one of the reasons why we have battle boxes right? 

Okay so let's say you're playing story, and there's a level cap of 38. If you can sort by level you can see immediately which pokémon are useful at that point of the game, in stead of having to search through everything to find some good ones. And that's just one of the reasons ? 

16 minutes ago, BuurmanJuan said:

Okay so let's say you're playing story, and there's a level cap of 38. If you can sort by level you can see immediately which pokémon are useful at that point of the game, in stead of having to search through everything to find some good ones. And that's just one of the reasons ? 

Then again, you can filter by pokemon level with advanced search, and I'm pretty sure the PC automatically make some kind of grey zone for pokemons that are over your level cap in the current region you are in. 

Also, if your PC is a mess, just order it, it's not that hard. 

Edited by Poufilou
16 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Then again, you can filter by pokemon level with advanced search, and I'm pretty sure the PC automatically make some kind of grey zone for pokemons that are over your level cap in the current region you are in. 

Also, if your PC is a mess, just order it, it's not that hard. 

I just think that it's not very intuitive to do it that way. I'm a relatively new player and I think the advanced search function is more something for experienced players. 

Also, yes the grey zones mark which pokémon are above the level cap, but there's also tons of pokémon that are useless because they're too low. If you can sort by level you can see the border and know which ones are close to the cap. 

Not saying it's hard, but adding some sorting options to make life easier is also not that hard.