Meaning of a pokemon's ID code

By ID code I mean the number we see when linking a pokemon in chat in the format {M:xxxxxxxxx}. Looking at 2 pokemon just caught the one caught later has a slightly higher number, and 2012 pokemon seem to have significantly lower numbers, which would point to the ID just being the # of pokemon caught before yours, but I have a pokemon from a month ago with an ID 70 million higher than the pokemon I catch today, and have seen a 2016 pokemon with a higher number than a 2020 pokemon. Also different regions dont seem to affect this number either.

So how is the ID code we see when linking pokemon in chat actually determined?

Edited by Juaske
Just now, Du said:

The region-specific number and the national map number 

Is arranged in chronological and evolutionary order 

The low-level form will be ranked ahead of the high-level form 

Just now, Juaske said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say lol could you explain?

The national map contains all the treasures from the first generation of the Guandu area to the latest generation, and is arranged in order from old to new. In the emergence of a new treasure dream, the national map will add it to the end of the national map. 

Just now, Du said:

The national map contains all the treasures from the first generation of the Guandu area to the latest generation, and is arranged in order from old to new. In the emergence of a new treasure dream, the national map will add it to the end of the national map. 

The Pokemon ID is arranged in the order in which it is designed 

1 minute ago, Du said:

The Pokemon ID is arranged in the order in which it is designed 

Ohh you're talking about pokedex ID, I mean the number you see when linking a pokemon in chat

1 minute ago, Juaske said:

Ohh you're talking about pokedex ID, I mean the number you see when linking a pokemon in chat

This is the official digital code, each one is different, but it is automatically generated 

Of course, I don't guarantee whether specific terms will be used , Similar to Morse code, for example 

At least now it seems that I only have some minimal relationship with Bao Ke Meng's acquisition time 

It's a unique ID which identifies the exact mon you're linking, no two can have the same number at the same time.

Currently these are assigned starting with the lowest available numbers. After an update, the IDs of released mons become available again and are usually reassigned to new catches/breeds. This is why older catches tend to have lower numbers, and when they don't, the newer one will usually have been caught not long after an update as the older IDs haven't yet been filled.

There's no guarantee that it'll always work this way, but this is accurate for now.

25 minutes ago, Rache said:

It's a unique ID which identifies the exact mon you're linking, no two can have the same number at the same time.

Currently these are assigned starting with the lowest available numbers. After an update, the IDs of released mons become available again and are usually reassigned to new catches/breeds. This is why older catches tend to have lower numbers, and when they don't, the newer one will usually have been caught not long after an update as the older IDs haven't yet been filled.

There's no guarantee that it'll always work this way, but this is accurate for now.

Thank you very much , curiosity has been satisfied

• Rache locked this topic