About King's Rock

heichicoda

Question

I don't understand why the restrictions on King's rock should be lifted. I believe most people who see this have no preference for this prop,The nature of this prop is too polarized with cloyster's collocation,I know you have recently added the reminder function, but what's the of this function? The meaning of this function has no other effect except to feel humiliation

so I suggest ban

Edited by heichicoda

9 answers to this question

The notice of a pokemon holding the hax item was a dumb way to try to maintain the status quo.  It should be painfully obvious that the devs have zero clue about PvP because in their eyes the entire effectiveness of the hax items was based on the surprise element, when that was just one small portion of the issue.  The larger part of the issue is that the hax item allows the holder to overcome any skill displayed by their opponent because of how the odds to luck their opponent are extremely stacked on their side. 

The devs could've nerfed the flinch rate of the item to a much lower amount such that using Kings Rock on Cloyster was a worse option than using something like Focus Sash, but they chose to not go that route either.  There have been at least 3-4 threads calling out for these items to get banned/removed from PvP and explaining why these items are bad for PvP, but you can tell that the devs hardly read these threads or understood where the playerbase was coming from because their method of nerfing the items didn't resolve the issue. 

I think the best solution is to stop playing this game.  I can't imagine how frustrating it is to reach the semis or finals of a tour, only to then lose because of this item.  If you stop playing this game, you'll realize how much better your mental health will be.  I don't know what your reason for continuing to playing this game is, but if your reason aligns with the principle of sunk-cost fallacy, then trust me when I say to not give this game anymore of your time or money because you're likely to not see any returns.  This game struggles to retain its comp playerbase because the devs just don't care enough about them. 

Edited by NikhilR
On 10/8/2021 at 4:39 AM, NikhilR said:

I think the best solution is to stop playing this game.  I can't imagine how frustrating it is to reach the semis or finals of a tour, only to then lose because of this item.  If you stop playing this game, you'll realize how much better your mental health will be.  I don't know what your reason for continuing to playing this game is, but if your reason aligns with the principle of sunk-cost fallacy, then trust me when I say to not give this game anymore of your time or money because you're likely to not see any returns.  This game struggles to retain its comp playerbase because the devs just don't care enough about them. 

--- [deleted bymyself]

Someone can think for itself if its worth playing or not.

Edited by MightyMichele
43 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

Halloween is coming, play with moderation. Someone can think for itself if its worth playing or not.

Halloween is not PvP and this was a PvP related suggestion. For someone who wants others to think for themselves, you really should've practiced that before making an irrelevant post because I was referring to the PvP content of the game. 

8 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Empty

12 hours ago, NikhilR said:

empty

Yes Ive miswroted about Halloween, though I wanted to say something that is a positive to a person not stop from playing: the events.

I think most of people is not going to stop from playing, but will play much more. Sorry if pvp doesnt work like you think is best. I don't understand much about PVP yet. Let's go for a battle in game call me MightyMichele

I had used once King's Rock I like this item 11.4% for flinching, good item. I don't understand why its banned, though I'm not good on understand pvp rules.

Edited by MightyMichele

The developers live in a fantasy world believing that a warning will solve the flinch, but hey, understandable they don't even bother to read us and even less do they know how frustrating it is to see and lose duels due to this item that does not contribute anything competitively

于2021/10/9 AM4点11分,MightyMichele 说:

Yes Ive miswroted about Halloween, though I wanted to say something that is a positive to a person not stop from playing: the events.

I think most of people is not going to stop from playing, but will play much more. Sorry if pvp doesnt work like you think is best. I don't understand much about PVP yet. Let's go for a battle in game call me MightyMichele

I had used once King's Rock I like this item 11.4% for flinching, good item. I don't understand why its banned, though I'm not good on understand pvp rules.

11.4% is a normal probability, but when cloyster uses it, the probability will increase to 41%