Did they really have to reuse the old pvp reward vanity items?

I mean c'mon man I'm not going to suddenly want to play doubles cause I already have all the previous OU hats. 

Sure you could argue no one has the time to hunt for all the hats in one season and you would be right but they could have just shuffled them around i.e UU gets the Aura hat while OU gets the Yawn hood etcs.

My idea was allowing us to just choose a hat once we reach 10,000 points in any tier, so if you already have season 2's OU hat, or just don't like that season's hat for your tier,  you can choose anything else you want from other tiers, while still promoting people to play different tiers so they can choose multiple per season if they complete OU & UU or whatever. 

Also, it's pretty lame that once you reach the 2800 biweekly or 10,000 seasonal point requirement, there's nothing else to work towards beyond that. I can get 2800 points in 6 days, but then I have nothing else to do for the other 8 days of that reward cycle. I don't understand why they don't cycle rewards once you complete them, so you can continue grinding like any of the PvE systems that don't limit how much you can earn. I assume it's to 'force' me into playing other tiers for those 8 days, but I just don't have interest in the other meta's and making my OU experience worse because of it is also pretty lame.

I feel like these are 2 pretty simple changes that make matchmaking a lot more fun, but I doubt they're ever changed. 

3 hours ago, Imperial said:

I believe it's to encourage players to try out new tiers and collect all the hats, alongside newer players getting the hats they would have missed when they first came out.

I don't really care about how the devs decide to give the hats, but the only thing it is doing so far is making it so people leave the tier after they get all the hats lol