Help with my Bulky Offense OU team

Hello guys,

I'm new to PokeMMO, and I'm still trying to figure out which generation mechanics we're following. For now, I'm applying the BW rules for the learn-set and abilities. Please help me improve this team. Thank you in advance!

Gyarados is my physical sweeper. I run Substitute to avoid status and create more opportunities to set up. Earthquake is used to hit Electric-types. Another option is Ice Fang to hit Dragon-types. What do you think is the best coverage?

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Skarmory is my Defogger, and also a physical wall and Spike setter. I'm using Defog instead of Toxic because I don't have other Defogger. Maybe Scizor can perform this role. What do you think?

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Gengar is my special wall breaker. I hate Focus Blast. Any suggestions to hit Tyranitar? By the way, does Gengar get Nasty Plot in pokemon? I'm running Specs because I don't know which learn-set we're using.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Infernape is my special sweeper. If Gengar can get Nasty Plot, I'll change Infernape to be an offensive physical pivot or physical wallbreaker. What do you think about this?

Infernape @ Life Orb  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature  
- Nasty Plot  
- Fire Blast  
- Vacuum Wave  
- Grass Knot  

Scizor is my special tank. It can be threatening if the opponent let me set up with Swords Dance. However, if I need to run Defog I'll remove SD and lose the offensive capability. 

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Garchomp is my leader, Stealth Rock setter, and physical tank. Flamethrower is used to hit Metal-types. The rest of the metagame is hit by STAB Earthquake or is crippled by Toxic. 

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

31 minutes ago, Tungdil said:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

I think that with this particular set (Sub + DD) you would probably want to invest a tiny bit into HP to gain an additional point of leftovers recovery, and due to that, I would change EQ to Bounce. Bounce will provide you with a secondary, decent STAB and a move that will give you even more leftovers recovery, helping your Gyara to maintain healthy thorought the entire fight.

49 minutes ago, Tungdil said:

Skarmory is my Defogger, and also a physical wall and Spike setter. I'm using Defog instead of Toxic because I don't have other Defogger. Maybe Scizor can perform this role. What do you think?

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

I do like this idea, although I think I would want to add 20 speed EVs and take the defense EVs away- Skarm is in a vulnerable speed tier when it comes to walls and getting Taunted before you can Roost might be a big deal.

51 minutes ago, Tungdil said:

Gengar is my special wall breaker. I hate Focus Blast. Any suggestions to hit Tyranitar? By the way, does Gengar get Nasty Plot in pokemon? I'm running Specs because I don't know which learn-set we're using.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Yes, Gengar does get Nasty Plot in MMO- however, remember, it has Cursed Body and not Levitate here. When it comes to setup set, it usually carries Sub/ Plot/ Focus Blast/ Shadow Ball and carries leftovers. With Substitute Gengar can fish for Cursed Body proc (which is incredibly ghaey if I may add) and get further setup opportunities. Other than that, your specs set looks standard and very good.

53 minutes ago, Tungdil said:

Hello guys,

I'm new to PokeMMO, and I'm still trying to figure out which generation mechanics we're following. For now, I'm applying the BW rules for the learn-set and abilities. Please help me improve this team. Thank you in advance!

Gyarados is my physical sweeper. I run Substitute to avoid status and create more opportunities to set up. Earthquake is used to hit Electric-types. Another option is Ice Fang to hit Dragon-types. What do you think is the best coverage?

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Infernape is my special sweeper. If Gengar can get Nasty Plot, I'll change Infernape to be an offensive physical pivot or physical wallbreaker. What do you think about this?

Infernape @ Life Orb  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature  
- Nasty Plot  
- Fire Blast  
- Vacuum Wave  
- Grass Knot  

I don't know if you want another setup sweeper in your team- you already have quite a lot of them. I think CB or even Scarf infernape would make more sense here as you could use speed control in your team and some momentum gainer through u-turn.

1 hour ago, Tungdil said:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Pretty standard, decent Scizor set and spread, although you would surely want to run 252 HP on it (odd HP) and invest a tiny bit in speed as bulky SD Scizors are not uncommon and being able to win a speed tie with an uninvested SD Sciz can win you the game. You would probably also want to run either Careful or Adamant Sciz instead of Impish.

1 hour ago, Tungdil said:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Garchomp unfortunately doesn't get Rough skin in MMO. The most common rock setter Chomp set is Naive/ Hasty with 252 satk/ 252 speed/ 4 atk with EQ, Rocks, Draco Meteor/ Fire blast or Flamethrower with Life Orb.

Overall it looks decent and I think that this team could work if we would just change it a tiny bit and probably modify later on, based on your experiences with it.

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Garchomp unfortunately doesn't get Rough skin in MMO. The most common rock setter Chomp set is Naive/ Hasty with 252 satk/ 252 speed/ 4 atk with EQ, Rocks, Draco Meteor/ Fire blast or Flamethrower with Life Orb.

Thank you very much for all of your answers! This helps me a lot! Well I only have one doubt regarding Garchomp. Why do people invest in sp atk instead of phys atk?

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Overall it looks decent and I think that this team could work if we would just change it a tiny bit and probably modify later on, based on your experiences with it.

Another doubt: is there any platform we can test our teams? For example, Smogon has the Showdown with all the rules implemented. Does pokemmo also have this kind of battle simulator?

Thank you again! 

Tungdil

13 hours ago, Tungdil said:

Thank you very much for all of your answers! This helps me a lot! Well I only have one doubt regarding Garchomp. Why do people invest in sp atk instead of phys atk?

To be able to strike down the most common answers for it, such as Hippo, Mandibuzz and Skarm, which 95% of the time are physically invested.

13 hours ago, Tungdil said:

Another doubt: is there any platform we can test our teams? For example, Smogon has the Showdown with all the rules implemented. Does pokemmo also have this kind of battle simulator?

Oh man I wish. Unfortunately no ? Pokemmo wants you to grind for your life