[UU Suspect Test] Lucario

I'm not exactly following the reason why Lucario's test must be extended if P2 got banned. Isn't the point of a test to see if the meta can healthily adopt to a threat? It's not like the existence of Porygon2 had much impact whether people found these adaptations to Lucario or not. And Porygon2's usage in Lucario teams is almost equal to its overall usage so it's not like either is a significant support to other one according to the statistics.

14 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I'm not exactly following the reason why Lucario's test must be extended if P2 got banned. Isn't the point of a test to see if the meta can healthily adopt to a threat? It's not like the existence of Porygon2 had much impact whether people found these adaptations to Lucario or not. And Porygon2's usage in Lucario teams is almost equal to its overall usage so it's not like either is a significant support to other one according to the statistics.

The way it was potentially presented to me is, that, without p2 lucario has less opportunities to setup and thus would be less of a problem.

44 minutes ago, Munya said:

The way it was potentially presented to me is, that, without p2 lucario has less opportunities to setup and thus would be less of a problem.

Why is that? Is it because P2 is providing Teleport support to Lucario? Or is it for another reason? 

1 hour ago, Munya said:

I do not think that deleting something so that a broken thing remains is a good idea, lucario is a problem, it may or it does not continue to be, also pory2 is not just an option for the boost of this, choice users locked, and predict of changes are, walls like umbreon are also, so should we remove all that so that it has no chance to boost? Lucario has no justification

On the other hand, you are claiming that each person has different opinions about pory2 and it drives you crazy, so why don't we do a vote count of players with experience? So I think the divided opinions could be solved,

59 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Why is that? Is it because P2 is providing Teleport support to Lucario? Or is it for another reason? 

cuz lucario can setup reliably on porygon2 altough i don't think without p2 lucario becomes less broken cuz it can still setup on a lot of mons 

20 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

cuz lucario can setup reliably on porygon2 altough i don't think without p2 lucario becomes less broken cuz it can still setup on a lot of mons 

If that's the reason, then it's a pretty terrible one since like you mentionned there are way better set up options for Lucario, on which Lucario can even afford switching into (not the case with P2).

I've come back playing a bit and I know I am noob but to me P2 remains the main broken thing in the tier, it's pretty easy to get download boost and chip down almost every walls in the meta, teleport gives huge momentum, and physical threats are wore down eventually coming into it. It's just a pokemon that you can slap in any team and it'll do well and sponge whatever you want, making teambuilding boring. 

I haven't had any issues with Lucario personnally, because it's not really fast, I feel like it wasn't hard to revenge kill without getting killed by priorities (e-speed or vacuum). I can see how it's strong though, but I'm noob so... 

Just make something about this duck pls 

• Munya locked this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic