Random Battle

Small update about what adding random battle to the game done to other tier. You will only need 7 more win than the number of your lose to get t100. Also i havent found a single UU ranked in 1h on a saturday evening (central europe time). Im still thinking this mode have nothing to do into this game and has bad impact about the lifespan of the game !

1650181425_noUU.thumb.PNG.b1a1d14ec0c8b54bd9ee8a294a93813a.PNG
1657284738_randombattlekill.PNG.fb0ed8dbe098df3e6eb8529774b1e375.PNG
630082300_uudead.PNG.81931a19eeb1a41cd511adb1f2e043cc.PNG

Maybe it is somehow related. But then what ? People enjoy randoms. I don't know what's planned next but I'm pretty sure if it stays like this randoms will be deserted by PvP-oriented players because it's paradoxically always the same and it's boring on the long term. And maybe then it will also bring more people to play PvP that weren't attracted to it at first ? 

I'd rather discuss state of UU in another thread that doesn't single out one activity of the game and make it The Evil cos that's stupid and pointless. But yes, it sometimes took me an hour aswell to find a match, in big evening hours, and yes, you can be on leaderboard even if you suck ass like me. A good side of this is that I only ever faced good players that main the tier so it was nice to progress. 

12 hours ago, Poufilou said:

I'd rather discuss state of UU in another thread 

I took the exemple for UU but i can do the same with NU so i dont get why you said this.

12 hours ago, Poufilou said:

I'm pretty sure if it stays like this randoms will be deserted by PvP-oriented players because it's paradoxically always the same and it's boring on the long term. 

You are on a MMO it means you will only do the same again and again even if it's boring so i dont understand why people will stop playing random since you just need to queue and that's all.  

People enjoy random ? probably. People enjoy simplicity ? a lot ! and this is the reason why UU and NU are dead atm , because you need to put effort in learning the tier and farming fpr comp ! random just require to have 4 badges to go in. 

• 9 months later...

I feel that Playing random Battles is Very very fun. because it adds a format that feels like u get to see Pokémon shine and strats shine when they just aren't good enough. 

Its fun Fast and rewarding. U get to use strategy try and overcome the opponent, with a different team EVERY GAME.

If you lose because of a disgusting Pokémon who cares. but winning with a team that's on the fly feels SO good.

its something newer players who want to get good into pvp Can look forward too And IT sparks Awesome Inspiration for team comps that would take a lot of time and effort and resources to even try out. Shoot every time i see a Pokémon do work it makes me want to build a team with it and i get to see tons of new builds and items with every game.

as far as the Belly drum, nasty plot, sword/dragon dance play. WHO CARES! if u lose to a perfect storm laugh at it because that's the nature of the format. 

if there is a way out try and find it and try and win.

I think random battles are a limited format that I really love.

of course that's just my opinion on the matter :3   

On 8/26/2022 at 11:43 PM, Poufilou said:

Randoms is trash can't believe they got lazy for LC which is less difficult to implement

Better remove vanity rewards for it. Have real pvp get unique rewards and incentive to play. 

Why not remove the normal rewards from it as well. Or just make it have a sign up fee since you're basically renting a team.

Honestly randoms ruined all ladders except OU.

Yea, cant bring this up enough times.

I was so hyped about NU and UU ladders.

Just to get a slap with randoms, before NU and UU got any chance to grow healthy.

I get it: Accessibility for newbies, but that was just a bad idea. Rather implement random, slighty worse-than-meta, teams for unranked uu, nu an ou or dubs to tease people for actual brackets. But just like that randoms where a terrible idea. Not even started talking about the rng-

Edited by Johnwaynee
On 8/29/2022 at 10:34 AM, Bertolfoso said:

Just make other ladders' rewards better, I don't get why one thing has to be put down for another

This, there is no incentive to play lower tiers from the staff nor do they promote them in any healthy way, randoms isnt what killed them, they were never lively to begin with.