Random Battle

Yo , here is my thought about the random battle mode.

1st: I dont get why we have a random battle mode in a MMO game. There is absolutly no reason to add a mode like that in that kind of game since in a MMO the main things we do is : farming ressource to get stuff to get better ressource/money to upgrade stuff or buy new things or organize new event.... or here in this mode you can litteraly create an account rush 4st gym and just spam random battle. It reduce the lifespan of the game a lot.

2nd (on the pvp side) : it will just kill small tier like UU NU and Dubs. New player wont spent time and money on building a competitive team in these tier they find "fun" to play ladder or tournament since they can just go in random battle without haveing 1 single comp and just spam it like it is the real pvp of pokemmo. Only OU and maybe dubs will survive in some month. Also why deleting LC to add this ? lc had better sens to be in pokemmo than random battle.

3rd: (on the non-pvp side) : the reward in random battle is meh (worse than in normal pvp ranked where they are already bad. Non-pvp player are waiting for other things than a random battle mode such as legendaries and/or dongeon or even Johto (even if it's useless).

about the mode itself :
-i have the feeling rng got boosted in this mode 
-some matchup are litteraly impossible to win (azumarill bellydrum vs no water resistance xd)
-rewards lol

feel free to share your feeling about this 

I agree 100% with this post. If you are a PvP player, the whole point of the game is that you build your pokemon yourself. Now the players that will continue playing this way will have a way harder time finding a match. At this point just play showdown lol.

I am not sure on this point, but I seem to get way less BP/MP per match while playing Randoms. A bit strange, but I hope I am just wrong.

Also yes this is not really "new" content, although at least it will calm people for something like 1 month.

Last point, randbats are obviously unbalanced and you can't always expect to have "fair" match-ups, but in my opinion there are way too many eviolite/NFE pokemon and choice item users. Also the leveling seems a bit off, but this is probably gonna be fixed/adjusted with time, so it is not as important.

Edited by Bertolfoso

3rd: (on the non-pvp side) : the reward in random battle is meh (worse than in normal pvp ranked where they are already bad. Non-pvp player are waiting for other things than a random battle mode such as legendaries and/or dongeon or even Johto (even if it's useless).

The reason why the rewards are less compared to the other tiers is because there's less skill and teambuilding involved, and because players don't need the resources to breed and invest in comps.

So in theory, if you invest more in comp, the better the rewards.

20 minutes ago, Imperial said:

The reason why the rewards are less compared to the other tiers is because there's less skill and teambuilding involved, and because players don't need the resources to breed and invest in comps.

So in theory, if you invest more in comp, the better the rewards.

but that's only the theory , in fact if you r playing ranked that's better to do random battle than any other tier since you dont have to breed comp at all 
                      Random rewards                                                                        OU rewards
301129544_randombatttle.PNG.fecef86f9c9f0221615bcb16c2e25e55.PNGOU.PNG.571c8002a07adc6536cedad27ea2f85a.PNG

Edited by AwaXGoku
bad english

1, Because it's fun. And who are you to tell people on how to enjoy MMOs? I've played MMOs where the whole point is role-playing Just because people aren't farming then they're playing the game wrong? And how does the random battle reduce the lifespan of the game? A game which is already 7 years old, mind you. Yeah, new players interested in the mode would just make an account and play it and eventually quit, but what about old players? They play for a bit then what? They'll quit too? Hell no, they're just going to go back to whatever they were doing before the update, whether that's farming shinies or PvP or just socializing. This update isn't going to kill the game.

2. UU, NU and Doubles already has a small playerbase. And new players aren't interested in that. They almost always jump straight into OU. LC was deleted because it didn't have enough players.

3. Pretty sure they made the rewards less because the devs didn't want random battles to replace traitional PvP.

Random battles is a great way for players who are interested in PvP but don't want to invest time and money on making a competitive team. You think that's a bad thing but it really isn't. Not everyone wants to spend 400k-600k per pokemon on making a comp team. And if they want a new team? They gotta spend more money.

I got bored VERY quickly playing OU after investing a lot on my team. I made a new for UU and NU team but also got bored because I was just using the same team every single time. There was no variety. Random battle is a nice change of pace.

'jUsT pLaY sHoWdOwN'

No.

2 minutes ago, Archiver said:

Random battles is a great way for players who are interested in PvP but don't want to invest time and money on making a competitive team.

ty bro you resume all i wanted to say : it will kill small tier because people will think this is the real PVP of pokemmo , or it isnt.

3 hours ago, AwaXGoku said:

Yo , here is my thought about the random battle mode.

1st: I dont get why we have a random battle mode in a MMO game. There is absolutly no reason to add a mode like that in that kind of game since in a MMO the main things we do is : farming ressource to get stuff to get better ressource/money to upgrade stuff or buy new things or organize new event.... or here in this mode you can litteraly create an account rush 4st gym and just spam random battle. It reduce the lifespan of the game a lot.

2nd (on the pvp side) : it will just kill small tier like UU NU and Dubs. New player wont spent time and money on building a competitive team in these tier they find "fun" to play ladder or tournament since they can just go in random battle without haveing 1 single comp and just spam it like it is the real pvp of pokemmo. Only OU and maybe dubs will survive in some month. Also why deleting LC to add this ? lc had better sens to be in pokemmo than random battle.

about the mode itself :
-i have the feeling rng got boosted in this mode 
-some matchup are litteraly impossible to win (azumarill bellydrum vs no water resistance xd)
-rewards lol

feel free to share your feeling about this 

I agree with goku , random battle will encourage lazy people who dont want to invest in pvp , since yesterday i didnt see any UU NU game , they all go random while random isnt even a tier , with only 3 gen , with bad reward .

Also i would like to send a message to our lazy MOD , why do put pokemon sets that depend on their hidden ability ? Venusaur with sunny day+ growth needs chlorophyl , and a lot of other set that depend on hidden ability .

GM's made the most stupid decision ever on adding random battle , keep fuckin the game , i bet from now to one year later u will find urself alone in the game , cause you really killing , instead of adding random battle , you should have added hidden ability ? stupid

I, for one, love the addition of Randoms. I'm not a PvP player to begin with (I've always hated stall, it just isn't fun). Randoms are by far more interesting to me and get me to actually play some PvP.

Also, I think it's completely hyperbolic to say this will kill smaller tiers. People will still play them to practice for those tiered official events, imo. Saying randoms will kill the other formats is like claiming people only play randoms on showdown.

You guys are knee jerk reacting to an update that isn't even 24 hours old lmao.

2 minutes ago, Tawla said:

Also i would like to send a message to our lazy MOD , why do put pokemon sets that depend on their hidden ability ? Venusaur with sunny day+ growth needs chlorophyl , and a lot of other set that depend on hidden ability .

They aren't lazy. Sets seem fine so far, there needs to be some balancing for sure, imo, but that's to be expected.

1 minute ago, Gilan said:

I, for one, love the addition of Randoms. I'm not a PvP player to begin with (I've always hated stall, it just isn't fun). Randoms are by far more interesting to me and get me to actually play some PvP.

i can understand this but it just show that with random battle you wont try to (re)put interest in PVP and small tier (you can play NU actually without playing stall and enjoy the tier for exemple). And im pretty sure in some month you wont play random battle at all or only 1 or 2 game/week. But like i said i can understand people like random battle since  all of i said was my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Also, I think it's completely hyperbolic to say this will kill smaller tiers. People will still play them to practice for those tiered official events, imo. Saying randoms will kill the other formats is like claiming people only play randoms on showdown.

Difference with showdown and pokemmo is : if you want to play OU on showdown you can just chose 6 random mon and search for a game. Here you will need to put 3-4 days to breed + ev all the comp or put 2m+ in buying comp on gtl or pay breeder and ev service to do it. 

I think Randoms is fun, but I am worried that its going to pull away too much from UU and NU matchmaking. Its probably best to rotate Randoms in and out of matchmaking if possible with something like LC. That way it can still feel somewhat fresh a while down the line, and still give people a reason to not give up on UU or NU. It would also give LC a chance in Matchmaking again without fully commiting it as an "official" tier. I dont know if this is possible, or if its more work than its worth, but thats my two cents at least.

1 hour ago, Gilan said:

I don't think it's exagerated to say that RandBats will mean less new players for other tiers, including OU (which isn't really bothering because OU a healthy playerbase).

In Showdown you can create a team with the teambuilder, you don't need to invest time to create it and the teambuilding aspect is as necessary here to win consistently.

They said LC didn't have enough players and that's why they got rid of it. It's not that different for the other tiers.

---

Personally I like randbats. However, I have to agree with most of AwaXGoku points. Probably rotating the randbats ladder would be wise. Getting matches in UU, NU, Doubles can take quite some time if you are not high on the ladder and queue at low times.

1 hour ago, Havsha said:

Its probably best to rotate Randoms in and out of matchmaking

1 hour ago, CrzPapel said:

Personally I like randbats. However, I have to agree with most of AwaXGoku points. Probably rotating the randbats ladder would be wise. Getting matches in UU, NU, Doubles can take quite some time if you are not high on the ladder and queue at low times.

Yeah I can see that. Or doing something like "spotlighting" a tier or two on a rotating basis to encourage play in said tier(s).

Edited by Gilan

It's been years now that everyone has shared their theories for the lack of interest in lower tiers. A random battles gamemode with neutral natures & split EVs being the reason every other tier dies is hilarious to me.

Nobody wants to question if maybe, just maybe, their tiers just aren't interesting for the majority of the population. 

5 minutes ago, Bertolfoso said:

We are only saying that it takes away potential players

Why exactly is this a negative thing? Interest in matchmaking & PvP increases, but because it's not your tier, it's bad for the game? 

And no, a random gamemode with awful sets is not going to take away potential serious PvPers. If any argument can be made, it's that new and casual players alike will be playing matchmaking from a much earlier point (4 badges?) than before, only increasing their interest and exposure to PvP. (exposure is a major issue, so many new players don't even know MM exists or how to get there) 

Gotta say I strongly disagree, I think randoms is a fun way to have some PvP in a more casual and fast paced atmosphere, which feels very refreshing from the stall-fest that OU 90% of the time is. 

I also don't think that it significantly lowers the playerbase of UU, thus not significantly hindering the new player influx of said tier. New players and veterans alike engage in OU mainly, because it's the most popular tier by far, not adding randoms won't change that, especially with the rewards being of less value. 

I legit wonder how do people claim OU or any other tier is a stall fest, if they legit think that they likely never played the game. 

I'm pretty neutral about it existing, don't see a reason for it to be a thing, but it's not a bad thing either. Regarding rewards, granted it's less effort to partake it in, the rewards are also lesser, as a way to possibly incentivize people into playing the normal tiers or formats, although this will not ever work, as the rewards on those tiers and formats are really bad by default. 

Edited by razimove

Idk how I feel about it, imo random rewards should be lowered abit more cos it's like - why should I spend hours and hours breeding/grinding for a better chance at winning when I can just...not do that at all and get half the rewards anyways, idk it just makes battle perfect Pokémon less valuable in my eyes - but it's good for the casual players and I can understand why it's been implemented.

4 hours ago, PeetRG said:

Idk how I feel about it, imo random rewards should be lowered abit more cos it's like - why should I spend hours and hours breeding/grinding for a better chance at winning when I can just...not do that at all and get half the rewards anyways, idk it just makes battle perfect Pokémon less valuable in my eyes - but it's good for the casual players and I can understand why it's been implemented.

Why lower Randbats rewards....just give the other tiers better stuff. 

10 hours ago, razimove said:

I legit wonder how do people claim OU or any other tier is a stall fest, if they legit think that they likely never played the game. 

Most of them don't have enough games to know the tier, so they just repeat what others said. 

It's also very common for noobs to see one wall in a team and automatically say that their opponent is using a stall team.

It's very to easy to see on the stats Tab that in OU the most common pokes aren't walls, other than Ferro/Chansey which are just splashble mons.