New GTL colors

The colors place no unfair restrictions that would make the market any less free than it was before, the only thing that's different is that if you're refreshing gtl constantly in the items tab you'll see red colors and know the 2.3m price you see isnt for a 1000rp voucher but for a 100rp one which is one of the bigger issues with gtl scamming they were trying to fix. You can still buy anything that's red colored if you think its a good deal and list things for a price that's considered red if you think it'll sell.

The idea is just dumb , gtl being the open market they are giving us restrictions they want everything to be controlled. First the vanity grading ( golden-S rank items, red or blue something -A rank items) because of that the prices of vanity sky rocketed. Now the yellow and red price of items. If i am not wrong the yellow color price shows the item is in OK range to sell where the red price shows the item is overpriced, this kills the idea of open market. 

If the new gtl system is for the people who buy or sell items for low and high price by mistake  they are just dumb and careless i am one of them and fell frustrated but moved on.

1 hour ago, PrincessLolita said:

i do like the idea of people having a warning for some items like 100RP, but not sure how this is a free market anymore. The colors seem to be the new sheriff in town, how do you guys think this will effect the market?

Hello people! 

I am already enjoying having the colors implemented, there is no evidence that it's dictating the price. I think you guys are overthinking about it.

I don't know, if I go on some car selling sites etc, it shows me the price in green, yellow or red too. And I'm not from a communist country. It's still up to the vendor to sell it for a high price if he thinks it's worth or the buyer to buy an overpriced car, item or whatever. 

Edited by Gruul

I think most people are confused by the colours at first, it seems like it should be something important.

But eventually everyone will learn to ignore the colours, because they do not make sense.

It honestly seems like the devs just manually went thru every single item and set a price they prefer, and it doesn't match up to any other real numbers.

It's definitely not averages, it's not current prices, it's not NPC prices, it's not what people are happy to pay, so that's all I can assume.

Some items can be the standard price that everyone buys all day (and has never been less), and 100% all prices are Yellow.

Some items are half the price the NPC shop sells for, and it's Red.

They're all over the place.

If it was something like rolling historical averages, I think that would not be a terrible idea (although maybe +/- % would be much more useful than colours).

But this is definitely just trying to manipulate and set prices, I guess they want to manage the economy a certain way.

In general, I don't disagree about the idea of the warning system. I think it could work for common items, but difficult to say about rarer/limited. For instance, there's just one skull in gtl right now, and the price is red (unluckily it's not mine :P). Who decides that it's too much? If the white/yellow price is based automatically on the previous gtl sales, that would not be a good solution since the sales are few along the year and the price of the item might rise a lot in the meanwhile. 

Instead, I would apply the colour system also to shinies 0/1x31. I think that this solution could be helpful for new players which are easily scammed by olders. 

Edited by Genka

Perfect, I like the idea of a guide, not many know the forum, do not know English or have friends to help them with prices, this is how scams and uncontrolled prices are generated.

Thank you so much

Perfecto, me gusta la idea de una guía, no muchos conocen el foro, no saben ingles o tienen amigos para ayudarles con precios, así se generan las estafas y el descontrol de precios.

Muchas gracias.. :3

4 hours ago, ReekRend said:

I think most people are confused by the colours at first, it seems like it should be something important.

But eventually everyone will learn to ignore the colours, because they do not make sense.

It honestly seems like the devs just manually went thru every single item and set a price they prefer, and it doesn't match up to any other real numbers.

The prices are 100% based on completed sale prices (not unsold listing prices). There has been no manual effort in dictating the valuation. If people are willing to pay a higher price, the level at which the yellow/red prices start to show warnings will increase. The colors only indicate that the price is higher than what the item typically actually trades for. If you feel like a price is worth paying when it's yellow or even red, there's nothing stopping you.

We may have to do some adjustment to lower-priced items to give them a higher acceptable range before showing yellow, but these colors follow the price, not dictate it.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Gruul said:

I don't know, if I go on some car selling sites etc, it shows me the price in green, yellow or red too. And I'm not from a communist country. It's still up to the vendor to sell it for a high price if he thinks it's worth or the buyer to buy an overpriced car, item or whatever. 

communism.png

I'm not totally sold on the idea of a color system that suggest relative value of an item based on the behavior of previous buyers of said item. I'm a firm advocate of the free market and I think that everyone agrees that we, as a community, should be allowed to be scammed whenever we want, whether be it because we didn't pay attention or because we don't have perfect information of the market.

Additionally, since the market should be free and not in this state of high dev intervention, I propose to revert the changes so that it could be more easily manipulated by our fellow richpeople. 

Thanks for reading.

5 minutes ago, CrzPapel said:

I think that everyone agrees that we, as a community, should be allowed to be scammed whenever we want, whether be it because we didn't pay attention or because we don't have perfect information of the market.

No, not at all???

Yet another intervention on a free market that serves no other purpose than to help sniping, disguised as a measure to prevent a scam that never existed in the first place.

Start reading what you buy, so you don't scam yourself and stop this nonsense ?

9 hours ago, Desu said:

The prices are 100% based on completed sale prices (not unsold listing prices). There has been no manual effort in dictating the valuation. If people are willing to pay a higher price, the level at which the yellow/red prices start to show warnings will increase. The colors only indicate that the price is higher than what the item typically actually trades for. If you feel like a price is worth paying when it's yellow or even red, there's nothing stopping you.

We may have to do some adjustment to lower-priced items to give them a higher acceptable range before showing yellow, but these colors follow the price, not dictate it.

I apologize in advance for being skeptical, but....

I don't think this can be true, EXCEPT I notice maybe your wording is careful?

I think we all assumed this was referring to GTL prices, but when you say "actually trades for" are you including sales to and from NPC shop?

If that is the case then I believe your algorithm.

But then the GTL colours are misleading because they are including transactions off GTL, which may not be comparable for NPC effort and availability.

Ex. most nuggets are just sold to NPC for $5k, but that's a one way transaction.  Nugget prices on GTL over $5k are Yellow, but that is actually the very normal price if you want to buy from a player and in fact the only way to get it.

(Rarely someone would mistakenly put a nugget on GTL for $5k or less, that cannot be the GTL average).

A nugget for under $6k on GTL is actually a very good price, if for some reason you want one.  Having that priced Yellow is completely misleading.

A nugget on GTL for $5100 would be selling at a loss, yet that price is still Yellow.

There are many other items I can see that have almost identical issues one way or another.

So either your algorithm includes NPC sales, or it's not using real completed GTL prices (maybe there is a bug?).

The only other possibility is that you tell us that a supermajority of Nuggets (and MANY other items) are constantly being sold on GTL at a significant loss.

Which I think would be inexplicable, that would be an insane number of newbs who have nuggets/etc to sell for cash AND don't sell them to NPC's that they already know about AND manage to figure out GTL enough to post them for sale AND price them less than their labelled value AND for less than any other nuggets visible on GTL.

17 minutes ago, Desu said:

No, GTL only.

Ok, so I just cannot believe that ~70% of Nuggets on GTL are being inexplicably sold at a loss for < $5k.

There has to be an error somewhere.

And for frequent GTL users it's obvious many of these Yellow item prices are well within the normal, mass, daily sales.

At first buyers will be confused, but eventually they will ignore the colour because they'll never see those items for less.