Gen 1 Team

Okay I’m trying to put together a semi comp pvp team.

I really am a big fan of gen one. I have finished fire red(Kanto). 

I’ve been grinding money to put together a team for a while. 

I want to breed/buy and get a team together to start my next region with but I want them to be a somewhat comp pvp team. All my fav or most my favorite pokes are all kanto. 

I know they are not “comp’’ but my fav pokes are the 3 starters, eevee evolutions, alakazam and a handful of others including like tyranitar. I’m willing to include some others from other generations but want to keep it mostly “kanto” 

Any suggestions muchly appreciated. 

Gen 1 actually has some pretty solid comps in it, making a gen 1 team entirely possible(and decent) but also limited.

I'm not the best at PvP, so this may not be the best team, but imo with your preferences I would start with this team and adjust as necessary.  

Spoiler

- Gyarados + leftovers/lum/life orb

Dragon dance, Power Whip, Ice Fang, Waterfall
Will 1hko a very large percentage of the meta after DD

Tyranitar + Leftovers/expert belt/Life Orb
Either 
-Stone edge/rock slide, Crunch/pursuit, Stealth Rocks and another coverage move
or 
-Stone Edge, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower/Ice Beam, Stealth rocks 

I run the Sp Atk mixed set on mine, but without stealth rocks.  Kinda niche, but suprisingly effective for my team 

Dragonite + Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Band
Moveset would be different for each, but basically just run what'd make sense for the set.  DDance set is cool, but I probably wouldn't run it with gyarados on the team.  

Gengar 
Gengar is the honda civic of pokemon.  Customize it however you feel and it'll work.   
Nasty plot set is scary, Dbond can work on gengar pretty well cuz speed, and focus blast actually does some pretty decent damage against main sp def walls w/ choice specs.  Users choice on Gengar, there's many more sets to pick from than listed.  

Jolteon + Life Orb/Leftovers 
Mix and match movesets til you find what you like, but include volt switch + HP ice and possibly shadow ball on anything you run.  

Wobbuffet + Custap berry 
Wobbuffet is super underused in OU imo.  Encore, Destiny bond, Counter, Mirror coat setup gives you solid options to trap pokemon and kill them in a variety of different scenarios since Wobbs ability traps pokemon for 3 turns.  
Custap berry gives you a single priorty Dbond when it's under 25% health.  
Wobb also counters fight types hard, and can put down heavy damage with a well placed counter/mirror coat vs a volt switch or uturn(Non Stabs preferred)

I can't think of any solid gen 1s that get defog to deal with stealth rocks, so keeping entry hazards off the field is an absolute must.  Running Starmie instead of gengar would be useful for rapid spin, but gives you pretty heavy electric weakness so you'd have to keep jolteon alive or the team would start to fall apart. 
Another option would be to run Air Balloon on TTar with ice beam to deal with garchomp stealth rock leads, which is something i'm testing now, but it's kinda niche.  You could also use TTar to get stealth rocks on your opponents side, and gengar to block rapid spinners, to even the playing field a little or force opponents to defog.  
Golbat with Eviolite could also be a pretty decent defogger and wall, but I don't have any experience with it.  I know toxic, roost, defog gives you solid utility, but stealth rocks will eat into golbat on the switch in.  

Another severely underrated Gen 1 is Azumarill Bdrum set.  +6 Aqua jet(priority physical water move) can sweep if you play the first half of the game smart, and you take out any jellicents.  Bdrum set is super predictable against anyone who knows their shit, but when it works it really fkin works.  

If I were building a gen 1 team, I would start with the above and change it as I experiment with it and find what works or doesn't in our meta.  I wouldn't expect to get much past 625 rating in OU with this team, but with some customization after practicing with it it's a possibility.  I have 0 storyline teambuilding experience so I can't really offer much there, but I'd probably trade out Wobbuffet for a starmie/alakazam if I were doing a story run.  Overall though, you can beat the storyline with pretty much anything.  

Edit:  I wrote this so drunk, autocorrect practically wrote it for me.  Take any advice I give with a whole shaker of salt.  Peace

Edited by DaftKitteh
ecksdee

Tentacruel - Scald, Ice Beam, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin (Timid nature)

Chansey - Wish, Protect, Seismic Toss, Teleport (Bold nature)

Gengar - Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Trick (Timid nature, Choice specs/scarf)

Jolteon - Volt Switch, Tbolt, HP Ice, Trick (Timid nature)

Nidoqueen - Earthquake, Moonlight, Toxic, Stealth Rock (Impish nature)

Dragonite - Dragon Claw, Superpower, Extremespeed, Fire Punch (Adamant nature)

Tough to find great defensive energy in Gen 1, especially without Dark-types. With that said, Reuniclus will always give you trouble, so Gengar is designed to either RK or Trick it. Otherwise you're kind of doomed.