What are the official catch rates for PokeMMO? Huge problem with the game

it's just absolutely ridiculous and absurd how a standard pokéball will fail more times than it will succeed at catching a 1hp asleep <20 level pokémon

now, this is a rant about how the devs really do an awful job at informing the players about basic stuff in this game, the ingame FAQ is useful for the first 5 minutes of playing for the first time ever, yes sure it's a pokemon game after all no? everyone has played and knows the basics + bulbapedia can get you a long way except not really, remember that most of this game's inner workings are heavily modified and there's little to no accessible information, I get it, it's a MMO, sure, but that's no excuse for it to become just a tedious braindead grind with inflated artificial difficulty and unexplained mechanics (like how you have to steal fossils and other items from wild geodudes/gravellers that spawn when you use rock smash, otherwise there's no way to find fossils since the underground will never be implemented and it's literally explained or mentioned nowhere unless you look for it) this is pokémon, not Warframe.

I haven't yet found a thread or page listing the current pokeball catch rates and condition multipliers, all I do find are spam posts unrelated to the thing I'm actually searching for, there's no information about it, I don't know if this game is using Gen 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 catch rate system.

Reading the official bulbapedia article about catch rates and other game mechanisms is pretty much useless as everything is modified, the closest thing I have found to a proper pokeMMO wiki is this, and it's still lacking heavily

http://www.en.pokemmo.shoutwiki.com/wiki/PokeMMO_Wiki:Main_page

for how long this project has been alive i'm really disappointed at the lack of basic information

Edited by passionfruit69

That numbers are not public, but I got something from experience

-----

For catch rate 255, pokeball is good enough

For catch rate ~235, pokeball may fail depend on Hp left maybe

For catch rate 190, greatball or pokeball+any status condition

For catch rate 100, greatball+sleep

Edited by Mint2B
31 minutes ago, DomenicoVnzla said:

Maybe as you say the capture rates are absurd, but this is an MMO game (Massively Multiplayer Online) Every day more users enter PokeMMO, therefore the Capture Rates must be high, if not the trade of breeds in the game it would be absurd, greetings.

as I already pointed out, I am aware that this is a MMO, but there's literally 0 reason for the developers to keep numbers and information in secret and away from the players, is just stupid and caters to the ideas and theories that I have heard previously like how "odds are better for particular people" and etc, things just don't add up

37 minutes ago, Minks said:

these people should be way more embarrassed about threads like this

Obviously it is basic information that the players need, so we could improve many aspects of the farm mode with the poke balls, I do not think they will do a '' terrible job '' if pokemmo is still here, and we are discussing about this, it is because their work going fine, they just missed something like this, that's all.

Obviously in the future it is necessary for them to add it, or depending on the citation not, but saying things like that will not give an answer to the problem.

58 minutes ago, Minks said:

these people should be way more embarrassed about threads like this

i really don't care about what olduguu like you have to say, new people join every day and basic information is required for new players to stick around, not everyone is unemployed or unschooled and can sit their asses and play all day for days, deal with it

16 minutes ago, Crueldad said:

Obviously it is basic information that the players need, so we could improve many aspects of the farm mode with the poke balls, I do not think they will do a '' terrible job '' if pokemmo is still here, and we are discussing about this, it is because their work going fine, they just missed something like this, that's all.

Obviously in the future it is necessary for them to add it, or depending on the citation not, but saying things like that will not give an answer to the problem.

I wrote the rant while heated, as I was really frustrated with how inconsistent and nonsensical catch rates feel; that + finding nothing about the catch rates on the internet or forum got me mad, I agree that the devs aren't doing a terrible job, they are doing pretty well, but in +10 years that this project has been around I'm still disappointed that they didn't grab a bunch of contributors and wrote a proper wiki going over everything added, old, new, etc. instead leaving users to come up with guides for other uses themselves via trial & error and experimentation, i hope the dev team didn't feel offended or attacked and I hope there are improvements regarding this topic

53 minutes ago, Crueldad said:

There's nothing to add or document, it's the standard gen3/4 catch rate, which is almost identical to gen5's as well. The few changes we made to ball rates are already documented.

10 minutes ago, Desu said:

There's nothing to add or document, it's the standard gen3/4 catch rate, which is almost identical to gen5's as well. The few changes we made to ball rates are already documented.

3 hours ago, Mint2B said:

That numbers are not public, but I got something from experience

4 hours ago, passionfruit69 said:

I haven't yet found a thread or page listing the current pokeball catch rates

2006353709_download(1).gif.8c6ac4bce799ca066108a49d13cb9e4a.gif

With just a very quick look:

Updated ball formulas for:

• Dive Ball: Underwater ball bonus is now 2.5x
  • Net Ball: Bug/Water ball bonus is now 2.5x
  • Timer Ball ball bonus is now (1/1.66/2.33/3) for turns (<6, <9, <13, 13+)
  • Quick Ball ball bonus is now 2.25x

There might be more, but I'm not going looking for them

4 hours ago, passionfruit69 said:

i really don't care about what olduguu like you have to say, new people join every day and basic information is required for new players to stick around, not everyone is unemployed or unschooled and can sit their asses and play all day for days, deal with it

I wrote the rant while heated, as I was really frustrated with how inconsistent and nonsensical catch rates feel; that + finding nothing about the catch rates on the internet or forum got me mad, I agree that the devs aren't doing a terrible job, they are doing pretty well, but in +10 years that this project has been around I'm still disappointed that they didn't grab a bunch of contributors and wrote a proper wiki going over everything added, old, new, etc. instead leaving users to come up with guides for other uses themselves via trial & error and experimentation, i hope the dev team didn't feel offended or attacked and I hope there are improvements regarding this topic

Hi new dude ? Saw you were frustrated.

Follow my link and ask me if you still have any generic questions ?

Edited by MrMalz

i studied the capture rate in pokemmo for some while and make a website to calc it automatically,most ducoments of balls explain their capture mods and cases,but there still were two balls i didnt know all about their capture mods which were timer ball and nest ball,so i decieded to test them and got results which are:

timer ball (1-5):x1;(6-9):x1.5;(10-12):x2.25;(>12):x3

nest ball (Lv.1-10)x3 (Lv.11-20)x2 (Lv>=21)x1

I didn't see the Changelog: 13/08/2018 until today ,now i need to correct it,but its quite close lol.so the left one is nest ball which ducoments that the capture rate is depended on the weakness of pokemon,so how is the weakness defined,my testing result shows its about pokemons' level.

and my last question is even we calc it as 100% capture rate in theoretical,but atucally we cant catch it some times,like sleeping Hoppip with great ball and angry magikarp in safari.

welcome to use my website to calc the pokemon capture rate(timer ball correct will be some later)

11 hours ago, passionfruit69 said:

but u have the information, both in changelogs and in the item description. if ur unschooled to the point of being illiterate, then maybe u should work on that instead of playing videogames! 

11 hours ago, BlueNose said:

i studied the capture rate in pokemmo for some while and make a website to calc it automatically,most ducoments of balls explain their capture mods and cases,but there still were two balls i didnt know all about their capture mods which were timer ball and nest ball,so i decieded to test them and got results which are:

timer ball (1-5):x1;(6-9):x1.5;(10-12):x2.25;(>12):x3

nest ball (Lv.1-10)x3 (Lv.11-20)x2 (Lv>=21)x1

I didn't see the Changelog: 13/08/2018 until today ,now i need to correct it,but its quite close lol.so the left one is nest ball which ducoments that the capture rate is depended on the weakness of pokemon,so how is the weakness defined,my testing result shows its about pokemons' level.

and my last question is even we calc it as 100% capture rate in theoretical,but atucally we cant catch it some times,like sleeping Hoppip with great ball and angry magikarp in safari.

welcome to use my website to calc the pokemon capture rate(timer ball correct will be some later)

this is fantastic, love it man will defo use it

7 hours ago, Minks said:

but u have the information, both in changelogs and in the item description. if ur unschooled to the point of being illiterate, then maybe u should work on that instead of playing videogames! 

unfortunately 99% of people can't and won't sit through +10 years of changelogs just to get one bit of information that should be on a wiki or pinned general thread, if you do however, maybe you are the one who should work on doing something at all, cheers!

• Desu locked this topic