[UU] Haunted Necklace (Wednesday, 15th September)

Damian

32 #429 - Mismagius ideas in 2021 | ghost type, pokemon, ghost

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 64 Players |  6v6 UU

Date

Wednesday, 15th September 2021

Time

12 AM UTC | 8 PM ET | 8 AM CST |  Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO 

Tournament Clauses Explained

UU Ban list

Spoiler
Aerodactyl Blissey Breloom Chandelure Chansey Cloyster Cofagrigus
Conkeldurr Darmanitan Dragonite Excadrill Ferrothorn Garchomp Gengar
Gliscor Gyarados Haxorus Hippowdon Hydreigon Infernape Jellicent
Jolteon Kabutops Kingdra Lucario Magnezone Mandibuzz Mienshao
Milotic Pelipper Reuniclus Rotom Mow Rotom Wash Salamence Scizor
Skarmory Starmie Togekiss Tyranitar Volcarona Weavile  

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place Prize

429.gif

GIFT Mismagius Lv. 50

Your choice of nature, gender, 4 moves, with 6 selectable IVs

&

1,000 Reward Points

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place Prize

500 Reward Points

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd-4th Place Prize

250 Reward Points

3 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

It's not 2am everywhere. We can't make events repeat every 2 hours so sometimes it will be like this. Hopefully you and other people of your timezone can join other ones!

Thank you for taking the time to address everything except the main point of Quinn's comment

Just now, Zymogen said:

Thank you for taking the time to address everything except the main point of Quinn's comment

Few times already we have commented that we can't make all tournament prizes shiny.
We understand comp is not as hype as shiny, but it's also a prize. If alternative currently is to host less tournaments (when those non-shiny ones fill up as well so it's not like they are not played) then it's bad alternative and we would rather see non-shiny prizes as well.

It might sound unreasonable to come at 2am to play for "barely usable pokemon" but for player from other timezone, it's suitable time to perhaps win some comp- and Imo, we need to make tournaments also for other timezones. 

19 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Few times already we have commented that we can't make all tournament prizes shiny.
We understand comp is not as hype as shiny, but it's also a prize. If alternative currently is to host less tournaments (when those non-shiny ones fill up as well so it's not like they are not played) then it's bad alternative and we would rather see non-shiny prizes as well.

It might sound unreasonable to come at 2am to play for "barely usable pokemon" but for player from other timezone, it's suitable time to perhaps win some comp- and Imo, we need to make tournaments also for other timezones. 

I suggested it on another thread, but I think a compromise for hosting non-shiny tours is to increase the RP from 1,000 to 1,500 - the staff may think otherwise but I don't think an additional 1,000,000 will cause much problems especially as the hype is lower for these kind of tours compared to the shiny ones, and many people farm this amount of money every 1-2 days. (I'm calculating 500 RP as 1m, not the inflated prices currently)

The number of tours is fine, but if the majority of these are going to be non-shiny except for the OU ones, then I think more hype is needed.

The timezones is a separate issue - of course they're designed to suit everyone but what I don't like is that they're at 12 or 1am on a weekday, when many people have School / College / work the next day (a large number of the playerbase are European). Then people wonder why some of these tournaments don't fill, and assume it's because the tier is dying out, when it's in fact the time and hype which is draining away.

Also the argument about 'ruining the shiny economy' is no longer valid - as Sneasel, Gligar, Teddiursa, Houndour, Lickitung, Stantler, Murkrow and Dratini to name a few rare shinies valued 50-70m+ have now dropped significantly in price.

Edited by Imperial
  • 2 weeks later...