[Help] Sprite work

Hello, I'm gonna keep it short, I love pokémon and the concept of shinys, but some shinys are an absolute disappointment, so I'm working on making my own custom shinys, and I was wondering if there was an app or AI that let's you feed it images and choose the colors to replace and/or swaps palettes, I'm currently editing the images 1 by 1 and it's fine but very slow, and it's gonna be a hassle if this is the only way, but I'm sure there has to be another way/method to do this or similar, any help and tips will be greatly appreciated

image.thumb.png.b141942ff8fe1785c9a2a8934e3b2731.png

Photoshop would be a good program to use. I'd merge them all onto 1 "sheet" and do the color replacement. Then would split them back into their original frame order.

If you're doing a lot of them, I'd write a python script to do the sheet merge and re-split.

Wouldn't take too long. Just messing with replacement thresholds would take the most time.

8 hours ago, Gilan said:

Photoshop would be a good program to use. I'd merge them all onto 1 "sheet" and do the color replacement. Then would split them back into their original frame order.

If you're doing a lot of them, I'd write a python script to do the sheet merge and re-split.

Wouldn't take too long. Just messing with replacement thresholds would take the most time.

Similarly to what he suggested, I tried using least squares with polynomial features of the input, (r, g, b) -> (r^3, g^3, b^3, ..., r, g, b, 1), you then find the color transformation matrix using least squares from a single frame, and then you use it for inference on all the frames, seemed to work extremely well on the example you provided, just don't include the background (transparent pixels) and other duplicates in your data.

for example using some random colors similar to yours (since you didn't upload yours):

inNCIa0.pngZQ24UU8.pngji07T3G.pngLCSTg5s.gif

Edited by Insensitivity
9 hours ago, Insensitivity said:

Similarly to what he suggested, I tried using least squares with polynomial features of the input, (r, g, b) -> (r^3, g^3, b^3, ..., r, g, b, 1), you then find the color transformation matrix using least squares from a single frame, and then you use it for inference on all the frames, seemed to work extremely well on the example you provided, just don't include the background (transparent pixels) and other duplicates in your data.

for example using some random colors similar to yours (since you didn't upload yours):

If I knew what you did I would make the shiny versions of everyone black and red lol

On 9/5/2021 at 5:31 AM, Gilan said:

I am using photoshop, but I lack the brains to script such thing, regardless I appreciate the information

On 9/5/2021 at 1:12 PM, Insensitivity said:

this is fantastic, do you reckon you could link or (if you have lots of free time) make a simple easy to follow guide? I'd really appreciate that and I see a lot of potential for custom sprite modding