That was a charming Saturday, Seel [RESULTS ARE IN!] [Saturday 28th Aug- Saturday 25th Sep]

086 Shiny Seel by Domatron060289 on DeviantArt

"Thankfully, the sun hasn't been visible today. Its golden arms haven't reached our backs often and seel could have some well-deserved rest. Truth be told, he wasn't needed at all today and he knew it- the blocks of ice were already cut to pieces and the weather was nice enough to not melt it, so there was no need for any ice beam to be used. Seel always enjoyed watching me cut blocks, so I always let him stay out of Pokeball, as long as the weather was not hurting him. 
-It's sure a great day, isn't it? 
-Seel! - the happy voice crammed the air. Seel flapped his tail into the ice he was laying on, causing the shards to fly around. 
Chisel went into the cold matter, my muscles slowly started to feel sore, but in a pleasant way. Seel snored a bit and small snowflakes left his mouth.

It was a charming Saturday."

Hello Trainers!

In the past contests, we asked you about your adventures, spooky mischiefs, your dreams, and journeys. Today we would like to take a little different approach. There is not a lot of time to meet all of you and even if every day we know each other a bit more, we don't have the opportunity to truly learn a bit more about you all. And every one of you has unique abilities, some talent, a hobby that you enjoy doing. 

Today, we would like to read stories about your hobbies or something you enjoy doing. You don't have to be a master of this talent, you don't have to do things perfectly- think of something that makes you happy and imagine how having pokemon with you could improve on that activity. The world is surely happier with pokemon!

I and my lovely refs will judge your entries based on:

Uniqueness of entry:

Painters, we know Smeargle exists. But even if your talent is painting, there are other pokemon who could help you somehow!

Ingenuity

Take a look into Pokedex and use abilities of pokemon to your advantage. Maybe you think certain pokemon could be great for cutting or making paint? Take a look also at the moves and look of pokemon! 

Writing style
What will be a story without great style? Show us your writing abilities!

Some Rules:

You are welcome to base the events in your story around whatever you wish, as long as it is based on hobby or some activity you enjoy, that you can somehow use / cowork with a pokemon at. 

Please adhere to our forum rules and try to keep it appropriate. The entry has to be made in English. You are welcome to message me if you wish to discuss the content of your entry. Code of Conduct also applies ofc.

How you present your creative writing is down to you it can be in story form, diary form, poetry form - it is entirely up to you. 

The minimum word limit is 250 words and the maximum limit is 2500 words. Please make sure that you read all of the rules before making your entry.

Only one entry per user.

Entries are to be made in this event thread, please include your IGN with the entry.

Time for Submission

From 28th August 11:59AM to 22nd September at 11:59PM UTC

Announcement of Winners

2nd October (Saturday)

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place Prize

Seel Shiny sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

GIFT Shiny Seel Lv.1

Your choice of nature, 2 moves, with 2 selectable IVs + 4x25 IVs

&

1,000 Reward Points

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place Prize

500 Reward Points

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd-4th Place Prize

250 Reward Points

Refs:

Bearminator
Mpdh

Revz

Sethsen

MrPeruano

Drakkmord

xJoseeee

And probably others! 

If you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. But what happens if the abyss smiles?

It was around 9 pm and I was coming back from exercising; I had climbed the hill that I usually visit since I was a little boy, but far from feeling satisfaction, I felt boredom and annoyance, the place that bring me tranquility was close to becoming a garbage dump thanks to the drunks and lazy people who frequented the place since it had been turned into a tourist attraction. And it wasn't long when I heard a couple of outbursts and I thought they might be children detonating pyrotechnics, but shortly after I heard the characteristic sound of an object that exceeds the speed of sound, similar to when an airplane is flying at full speed; been have been shots. I froze in the dark waiting to see where the shots were coming from, but I couldn't see anything. I stood still for about five minutes, fearing that some stray bullet might hit me, until I plucked up my courage and kept moving forward. I go ahead until I heard a couple of motorcycles coming from far away, but since I was already close to my house I was not afraid, so I kept looking at them and realized that they were policemen on patrol. I approached them and told them what had happened, but they told me it was fireworks and I replied that it was not. They made faces of disgust and told me that they would send someone to check; it was evident that they would not do anything and it is even probable that they were involved. I could only think that humanity was a plague that should be eradicated, because it destroys the nature that is its sustenance, and mortifies the society it uses, but what bothered me the most was not that and that is why I was scared. For a few moments I felt as if I was being watched; I started to walk faster, but my gait became clumsy, I felt enervated, there was a slight sweet smell in the air. My head was spinning so much that I felt that my shadow was moving independently of my movements, and it was at that moment that a chill ran down my spine, the environment suddenly cooled, I seemed to see a pair of claws and a threatening tongue coming out of nowhere, as if they had been transported from another dimension. At the moment I saw sinister eyes emerging from my shadow, I knew what was happening; a Gastly, a Haunter, and a Gengar had been stalking me and were coming for my soul. I should be happy, because my wish was fulfilled, the eradication of humanity had begun, but it had begun with me. My eyes filled with tears, my legs thirsty, I got down on my knees, and I couldn't help but have hypocritical thoughts about how I was different from the rest of humanity and that I didn't deserve it. And without warning -ahhhhh!- One of them had touched the back of my neck with his tongue and I let out a scream with all my strength. The three specters began to laugh out loud, but they were not malicious laughs, they were warm and innocent laughter, like a child who has done a mischief. I looked stupid for a long time, but since I didn't react, they got bored with me and started to get away. My astonishment was so great that I followed and watched them for the rest of the evening; they had so much fun that I envied them, although I also noticed people's notorious contempt for them, and despite this they never attacked a single one of their "victims." Cheerful creatures like them couldn't hurt anyone. In that case, what are the curses that people fear so much? Possibly it is only the autosuggestion of the most obtuse and superstitious.

I can only think of how much I can learn from these creatures as I remember Aristippus's words to Diogenes "If you knew how to associate with men, you wouldn't be washing vegetables".

IGN: Juruata

Edited by Juruata

IGN :Kyotshe

I decided to go with Chansey on has a goalkeeper, after the last Wailord incident. This was the final game of the district soccer Pokemon championship after all, and the other team had a Skitty striker ready for that.

The rules were simple, 5 vs 5 and you also had to play. 

What was not simple was defeating the other trainer, my rival: Cabbage Sniffer. Don’t look at me, I didn’t give it that name, ask his parents.

Also don’t get fooled by his childish insult kind of name. He was the champion. The best. His team consisted of Snorlax has goalkeeper, him and Slowbro in defense, and the two must muscular legged Hitmonlees everyone ever saw on attack.

Has for myself, I had me and Taurus in attack and the best two Cofagrigus in the league in defense.

In the bench has substitutes I had a Zubat, which was a pain to register in the council, because they said it technically had no legs and couldn’t play soccer. They had to change the ruling to allow “All soccer is now for all beings, no matter how many legs” which was nice.

Then I had an Espurr, and I didn’t even register it has part of the team. She is not even mine. When I went to the council, it was already registered under my name and she was just waiting for me in the council. Weird. When I send her into the field she also doesn’t seem to know how to play. She just stares into the void and does nothing.

Anyway, the match starts, everyone is in position and knows what to do… or so I thought.

My goalkeeper Chansey protects her egg more than the ball from the net, my Cofagrigus doens't mummify Hitmonlees because they already think it’s a mummy and my Taurus can't beat Slowbro because there is another Slowbro on the bench and he just keeps switching when one of them gets tired. It's like they regenerate or something.

They are winning 9-2, and there is 4 minutes for the game to end. I shout “Espurr help us!” Has she stands from the bench. Everyone is looking at her, while she stares into nothing and goes to the middle of the field. This is the first time she does this. “What position do you play?” I ask. She looks at me. Stares at me, deeply into my eyes. 

From this point I don’t know exactly what happened. I was in the middle of the universe and somehow I was time and space combined? I don’t know, I felt complete, happy, has I fly through time and space. 

The last thing I remember is the referee saying the game was over. I look at the score and we won. 9-64. Everyone was in shock, but not me. I seen stuff, stuff more important than a soccer game.

I never saw Espurr after the game. Some say she ascended to the skies after the game, others say she now works at a call center helping people fix their computer.

Espurr, wherever you are… I will be there for you. 

Because we are Friends. 

Edited by Kyotshe

There was a player asking if players can use multiple pokemon- I think it's fine to mention other pokemon and use cooperation between them, as long as the focus is on creative cooperation and activities as well. 

On 8/27/2021 at 5:06 AM, heleodur said:

is this where we write our responses?

Yes. You can also edit the responses till the due time, we will not judge them before that date

IGN: Kiralexis

(Story is in Third Person)

As the early rays of sunlight crept into the room, her eyes slowly began to open. She'd gotten used to living without an alarm clock, as her Kangaskhan usually woke her up before too much longer. Even now, as she glanced over to where her Pokémon slept, she saw Kangaskhan beginning to stir. Realizing that sleepy time was over, Alyss moved her covers and got out of bed.

She was immediately greeted by Hypno, holding a cup of coffee out for her. Hypno never slept, which meant there was always someone watching the house, allowing Alyss to sleep much easier at night. The only part that confused her about it was how he always managed to get into the bedroom without waking her up. Kangaskhan woke up right as Alyss took her first sip and left the room.

First thing in the morning was when the most 'creative juice' was flowing, Alyss believed, so the first thing she always did in the morning was sit down at her desk and begin to draw. She poked the blue blob sitting next to her, waking up her favorite companion for this event. Ditto's eyes opened slowly as they realized it was time to draw again, and excitedly began to quiver.

"What are we going to draw today, Ditto?"

"Ditto!" They hopped off the desk and transformed into Alyss herself.

"We're drawing me again?" She said with a smile, glancing over at the notebook on the desk.

"Ditto!" They changed slightly, modifying Alyss' outfit to be a frilly dress with ribbons on it. Alyss' eyes lit up and she immediately got to work on the drawing, with Ditto modeling for her. "Not many people get to use themselves as a model for a sketch... not like this, anyway." Hypno came by to give Ditto a glass of water, while Kangaskhan peeked over Alyss' shoulder to look at the Drawing, with her baby excitedly pulling on Alyss' sleeve to see too. With a laugh, Alyss shifted herself so all the Pokémon could see her drawing in progress.

She'd been at this morning routine for a few months now, almost a whole year, and could definitely see the improvements she'd made. Every few weeks she considered going out to find a Smeargle, but figured that'd be seen as a lazy way out, and instead relied on her own skill to grow, and her companions to both keep her company and model for her.

Hypno left to go make breakfast for the team, and Kanga joined him after a short pause, leaving Alyss and Ditto alone to draw until breakfast was ready. She only ever had the three Pokémon with her, as she wasn't much of the Battler type, and rarely left her house, so there was little reason to get more Pokemon than she needed, and her companions had definitely been good companions all throughout her life.

Some people worry about not knowing what 'the good old days' are while they're living them; Alyss, on the other hand, had no concern over that. These, right here, are her good old days.

(ING: YJos)

An unusual story... I think.

Five years ago I met Mew, I remember it like it was yesterday, while I was walking on a picnic with my togepi, we were together eating sandwiches and one minute mew appeared, he seemed to be a little hungry, so I gave him one of the sandwiches he had, togepi did not like the idea (it is very gluttonous), but still the 3 of us became good friends. Every now and then we made trips to different regions, mew always filled with joy and made every trip a unique experience, but everything changed six months ago when we traveled to the region of Alola, I still remember that on our penultimate night we saw the sky light up so majestically that we were all surprised, it was a rain of miniors descending from the stratosphere, mew was very friendly and almost immediately became good friends with one of those miniors, they played and laughed for a whole day, and when night came the armor of minior was broken, everything seemed fine, minior and mew said goodbye with a smile... I didn’t know that would be the last mew smile I’d ever see, when minior ascended into space mew saw it fade away and knew that "see you soon" wouldn’t happen.

Since then mew is no longer the same, his smile and attitude faded, I tried to help him get them back, but every attempt was futile, so I thought "the last time I saw him laugh, it was with a pokémon, I hope they can help me get his smile back". I talked to many, of all the species I could find, and we agreed to have a big meeting that Pokémon from all regions would attend to do everything they could to make mew the same again.

The day came, Pokémon from all regions attended the meeting, along with my togepi we enjoyed singing and dancing a lot, so we thought that might make mew happy again, so many prepared acts, choreographies, songs that would even make the famous Paul laugh out loud. We had a strong start, a group of ludicolos danced an impressive choreography while the rain fell to more powerless accompanied by the sounds of drums coming from the polywrath and snorlax, I still remember that the song was a composition of the songs Singing In The Rain & Umbrella, but even with that impressive display of art, they couldn’t get mew to regain his smile. Then, a group of Primarinas delighted almost everyone present with a song that seemed made by the angels while the Bellossom danced to the sound of such a symphony, but as I said, it did not reach everyone, mew was still indifferent. Togepi and I only exchanged worried glances for mew, but we knew that only Pokémon could do what would restore mew to its joy. A trio of Jynx was particularly good, they danced to the song single ladies, nobody expected it, it surprised us all, well, not all, mew was still discouraged.

A group of hariyama and dusknoir who came from hoenn, danced a good piece of jazz, the control of their hands and the choreography itself left everyone ice cold, was very good, although mew still did not answer. Then, we went to something a little more strange, the Mr. Mime did the robot dance very good, although it seemed more a comedy than a dance, hahaha, I laughed a lot, but mew not yet...

They followed the dratinis, dragonair and dragonite, with their dance so elegant and ephemeral they left everyone with their mouth open, I seemed to see that brightness that had mew in their eyes back, but it was only my imagination, still sad. Almost at the end, a group composed of butherfree, beautifly, venomoth and a volcarona that led them all, danced their wings with such grace that we all looked at them in silence, while a sweet scent overflowed throughout the room and ashes fell off the wings of volcarona, but mew showed no sign of happiness.

There were no more numbers, I thought that all that show had been useless, but I was wrong, in the end, in a corner was a magikarp, I did not think I attended to do something, because it was quiet at all times, but in the end he went to the center of the room and said he was going to do what he could best do... splash, the magikarp moved and moved, we all thought it was funny, he even said "enjoy the splash dance” we were all laughing beyond our power, it was such a grace that I did not notice that mew got up from his chair and looked intently at the magikarp, and as little by little he regained his smile, his joy his way of being, From one moment to the next mew moved across the hall brimming with joy as he was the first day I met him, when magikarp finished his dance I approached him and asked him "How did you do it? I tried a thousand ways and I could never have the slightest advance" He said, "sometimes we want to do more than we can, I think mew felt helpless for not being able to save his minior friend, I just wanted to remind him that there are things we can’t control, we all have a limit to what we can do, but don’t think about what we can’t do, but what we can, I think mew now knows that even though minior can’t laugh, he can still do it for both of us." , that magikarp day gave me a valuable lesson and we all applauded that fish who could do what we all thought impossible.

Mew was the same again, every year, on the same date along with togepi, the three of us together visited the place where we met minior and left a bouquet of sunflowers in honor of the color of its core, which as you can imagine, was yellow.

pokemon-mew-risa.thumb.jpg.272acc0777fc87ab5831abef5be7ee53.jpg

Edited by YJos

IGN: Patrouski

“I DONT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE '' I scream out in frustration.

shuckle pats me on the shoulder and hands me a juice.

“thanks buddy” i say as my frustration eases and a slight smile forms on my face.

“I’m just having some bad writers block” I mutter...

“you cant have writers block if you've never written anything before” says my smug meowth in the corner.

i turn at him with a glare on my face but ultimately chuckle for a split second because i know he’s got a point.

“I’m thinking of something cool! With legendary pokemon! Maybe zapdos and moltres OR cool dragons like giratina or rayquaza!” i exclaim

“You can't catch any of those pokemon in this world so no one will know what your talking about” Meowth reminds me annoyingly

“Ye well i think thats dumb and one day im gonna change that…” i cry

*goes to complain on forums*

“Maybe you should just learn to appreciate the legendary system in place for what it is in this world, honestly it makes balancing easier, competitive play more enjoyable on top of creating a unique king of the hill style mini game for a token trophy” Meowth wisely explains

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO i want to be able to keeeeep my mewtwoooo just like in the normal games, i earned itttttt” i cry 

“-_-” - meowth

Shuckle hands me another juice and smiles at me concerned

All of my worries fade away and I put my pen back to my paper and write on...

Dear Mom,

I caught a new friend today, a Pidgey. I can't wait to bring her home and introduce you. Squirtle and her are becoming close friends. It feels like it's been years since I've seen your face. I miss sleeping in my own bed and coming down to see you every morning. Everything was perfect, until Mewtwo was created by those fiends, Team Rocket. Uncle Surge would always talk about the Pokémon Wars, but I never thought I'd have to live through one myself. You must understand why I must go on this adventure. I must find Team Rocket. I must rescue Dad.

Later days,

Tira

Dear Mom,

I just made it out of the Viridian Forest. I've never seen so many bugs! Trainer Tip: if you must choose between eating Caterpie or Weedle, Caterpie is the way to go. I learned this from Pidgey, and she can't get enough of them. Squirtle was poisoned by a Weedle, and I nearly thought he was going to die. I don't know what I would have done without the antidote you packed for me. You're a life saver!

Later days,

Tira

Dear Mom,

I faced my first major obstacle. A man wouldn't not let me continue to Mt. Moon unless I fought him. This man was Brock. I remember hearing such nice things about him, but war changes people.

He led with a Geodude, and I with Squirtle because, obviously, Pidgey is weak to rock types. Squirtle had the type-advantage, but Brock's a famous breeder. Every time Squirtle tried to use water gun, his Geodude would block it using a boulder as a shield before hurling it at Squirtle. It was evident that we had to get creative. I told Squirtle aim for the ground, creating a slippery path towards Geodude. When Geodude launched the next boulder, Squirtle was able to withdraw into his shell and slide up towards Geodude to deliver a fatal blow.

Pokemon don't return to their pokeballs anymore. Geodude's rocky remains became part of the environment forever.

Brock summoned his final Pokemon, his famous Onix. I knew that Squirtle was on his last legs after that fight with Geodude. I needed Squirtle at his strongest to defeat Onix. I had a potion, but there was no way I could administer it to him unless... I didn't want to, but I had no other choice.

I told Squirtle to return by my side as Pidgey was chosen to take his spot. Pidgey had a fierce look in her eyes, oh how naive, but oh how brave she was...

I quickly revived Squirtle as fast as I could, hoping that he would be able to get back in there before Onix could touch Pidgey, but before I could even give her a command, Onix unearthed a boulder from the side of a cliff. I watched it slide unpredictably down like a large bowling ball. This was only a distraction as dozens of stones began to hail from the sky. Pidgey was trapped. She tried to fly through them, but one had struck her frail, hollow bones. Then another. Then another. Dust began to form as the sound of bullets drowned out any cries for help, leaving behind nothing but a rock tomb.

We had lost a soldier, but her death would not be in vain. Squirtle was healthy now and would be her avenger. But something was different. Squirtle began to glow in a rage at the sight of his fallen friend. He emitted a light too bright to gaze upon for nearly a minute before the radiance had subsided, leaving behind Squirtle, but in an evolved state. Squirtle was now Wartortle, and Wartortle was ready for war. No longer did Wartortle use water gun, Wartortle had learned Water Pulse and was soaking everything in its path. Onix was strong, but the pulsing waves of water caused it to become confused. The giant rock snake was left flailing around, causing the rocks on the cliff to again slide down, but this time they fell onto his side of the field.

After the dust had settled, Brock had no choice but to surrender. In the old days, he would have given us a badge, and maybe we would have had a laugh, but we had both lost special friends here today. There was no cause for celebration, only mourning. Wartortle and I placed some Caterpie Crunchies at the foothills where Pidgey was buried. Brock did a similar act for his Geodude and Onix. We exchanged one final glance before walking away silently.

Wartortle and I looked ahead at Mt. Moon in the distance. Our quest had only begun and already we had lost a friend. Who knows what future friends or enemies we would encounter up ahead? Wartortle, but a hand on me and then pointed towards the peak. He was right. We had to get to our destination even if the road ahead seems difficult. Quitting at any point means that Pidgey died in vain.

I'm sorry that you never got to meet her, but by the end of this, I'll bring home a family of friends that you'll get to meet, Mom. We will be a family once again.

Later Days,

Tira

IGN: Theresamisu

Dear Diary,

You won’t believe what happen to me today.  I was planning on going to Kindle Road and doing some fossils and amulet hunting so I can save money to breed the perfect Pokémon.  I brought with me my usual team, a Smeargle as my Sweet Scenter, A Banette as my main Thief and as starting Pokémon, and Chowder (A Munchlax) as my back up Thief. When I arrived in Kindle Road, it was a very sunny day. Many Spearows, Fearows, and the occasional Slowpokes encounters while I was busy smashing rocks. It never fazed me for I was focus on my objective and that is to collect as many fossils and amulets. A few hours have passed and many smashing cycle was done, As i was trying to smash a rock in the middle of Kindle Road, the rock suddenly moved and huge shiny Graveler appeared. I was very excited that I already imagined that once I caught it, I will surely bring it with me and show it to my friends. (Brag) I planned my strategy and was thinking that I should recall my Bannete and let Smeargle do Spore and False Swipe so I can easily catch it. (I already encountered hundreds of Graveler in the past. Yeah, yeah, I know. In my defense, my brain didn’t really cooperate with me that time.) When I was about to switch out Bannete with Smeargle and was ready to use Spore, the shiny Graveler smiled at me, winked and used its EXPLOSION on Smeargle. Poor Smeargle had to embrace that impact face first and I lost that Shiny Graveler. I told my friends about it and they all laughed at me. One of my friends told me to use a Master Ball immediately when facing pokémons that can escape or do kamikazes. I just sighed, say my goodbyes, and was on my way once again in Kindle Road. Hoping that one day I might meet the shiny Graveler’s family (Assuming they are shinies too. You know genetics) and correct my mistakes.

Yours Truly,

IGN: Caylily

image.png.9947508437687cbb9bb2fcadbbe73846.png

Sandslash & The Fossils
I like so much the paleontology, discover the history of the earth through some rocks, meet awesome creatures and pokemon that inhabited a long time ago is simply an amazing experience. I’m just an amateur and all I know about paleontology is thanks to videos and some books. But with help from my good friend Sandslash I make a new approach to learn more about our fascinating world.

We always played in the backyard of my house, Sandslash loves digging burrows and holes –what makes mom mad, who orders me to fill the holes again– Sandslash likes to climb the tree we have in the backyard, and drop from the top with his body made into a ball, thus causing a slight magnitude. Always is funny look at him climbing  the tree, since it’s somewhat chubby and not very fast, thanks to his claws he can climb with some agility. I like to see him make his body into a ball and roll all across the backyard. It’s a very impish pokemon, although his nature is in fact jolly. He’s with me since he was a Sandshrew, and we always been very happy together.

One day we were on the backyard, Sandslash was digging holes in the ground and I was lying in the tree’s shade. When Sandslash comes out of the hole he had dug with something in his mouth and then he dropped that onto my lap. It was a strange rock, really small, with a relief on one side, a spiral. Then I realized it was a Helix Fossil. Since then Sandslash and I spent the whole day in the backyard making extensive excavations looking for more fossils. Me with a shovel and Sandslash with his powerfull claws and the pokemon move Dig. Sometimes big dust clouds form, so that activates his hidden ability and start digging faster. Together we’ve discovered a bunch of Helix Fossils, Dome, Root, and even a Shell Fossil. We also found a pretty weird fossil that I couldn’t identify; I think it’s a new species of prehistoric pokemon never seen before… The only problem we’ve had until now is that my mom is always scolding me for all the holes we make in the backyard of the house.

The End.

IGN: DoctorDaniel
ART BY: Oliver Hamlin 
Oliver Hamlin — #28 Sandslash on an excavation! (tumblr.com)

Sandslash on an excavation by Oliver Hamlin.jpg

A Pewter City Post News story: Move Tutors and the Mystery of Man and Pokemon.

Most trainers have used a Move Tutor, but how many have asked how they learned the moves? Move tutors know a variety of powerful moves that your Pokemon cannot learn otherwise. I've met a few in my travels all over the world. There appears to be some in every known region. I have an interest in Martial Arts and history so maybe these tutors could show me something new.The other day I was visiting one of these tutors to teach my beloved Spinda named Yarny Mega Kick, after a recommendation from Blaine in our Hot interview with Cinnabar Island's Fiery Gym Leader last week.

Pokemon Historians who have scoured the Canalave City library know that people, and Pokemon were once the same.

It is believed that gaining the ability to command Pokemon made us lose our ability of using the Pokemon's moves ourselves. Today the move tutor is one of the few people keeping that alive. The ability to master Pokemon moves as a human is to be one with the self and Pokemon.  There are many things one cannot do without first understanding the self. A good way to connect with yourself and your Pokemon is to go for a walk with your Pokemon out of the ball like I do with Yarny. If you're in the Sinnoh region hit up Amity Square for a fun safe place to relax and touch grass without fear of wild Pokemon.

A Pokemon and trainer must love themselves before they can love their companions. We cannot love before we love ourselves. We cannot teach before we understand. That is the secret to the move tutors power. A appreciation and love for yourself as well as Pokemon equally. Being in touch with your roots is very important, and new understanding as well as forgotten knowledge can be gained. The techniques of the tutor reflect the user. An example would be two young Blackbelts on the outskirts of Cerulean City. Living in Cerulean City your options for fighting Pokemon are very limited you might have a Mankey if you're lucky. Through their desire to teach combat sports techniques to the local Pokemon the moves Mega Punch and Mega Kick were born. We could assume that this move always had existed within the DNA of all Trainers just as all Pokemon's DNA exist within the mythical Mew.

Another interesting Move Tutor would be an illusive woman on Two Island's, Cape Brink. This woman has the unique ability to teach any starter Pokemon the legendary techniques Blast Burn,Frenzy Plant,and Hydro Cannon the most powerful moves in their type class. This level of power can only be achieved through our connection to our Pokemon friends. The black belt that learns how to throw down on the mat and with their Hitmonchan is the reason you can use Ice Punch at the Pokemon league. A friendly Hiker who teaches you how to use rock slide  can do so because he has lived through enough falling rocks and roughed it in the mountains hiking with his Geodude by his side. That is why next time a someone asks you for a heart scale or blue shard for a little tutor work just know they have their reasons. It can take a lifetime to learn a skill like that, so catching a couple of Luvdisc is better than a lifetime of learning to be a move tutor so thank them s/he deserves it.

This has been a history report from the Pewter City Post come on down to the Pewter City Museum of Science and look at some spooky bones with the kids Halloween is just around the corner. 50 Pokeyen per child Adults get in free with child.

Your reporter Peter Peridot signing off til next week until my partner Yarny The Spinda and I spin you another story!

Next weeks story: Fossils and you. Sell or Revive? Aerodactyl gone mad? 

IGN PokemonPocher Thanks for reading ? Good luck to all who enter.

Art done by https://www.deviantart.com/pettyartist/art/Move-Tutor-148271345

unnamed.png

move_tutor_by_pettyartist_d2g9ywh-fullview.jpg

Edited by QuickTale

Cold tears

Rays of the sun shined the start of my day as I opened my eyes avidly

Marvelous thoughts, in my mind, obey what my heart displays vividly

I seized the zeal that moves me away, calls me to step a new journey

Adventures to the southernmost region convey the desired interest in me

Ideas about icy terrain which I portray, now turning into reality

Preparing items and myself with no delay to embark and be ready already

Suddenly, mom and dad blocked my way, perplexing my entirety

Pure bliss and euphoria were wholly filled into me after what they did

New clothes, pokeballs, pokedex, and a pokemon egg were handed for my need

Embraced my parents saying "thank you and goodbye", then my odyssey proceed

Running on the path while joyfully crying, recalling their heartfelt deed

Tears rolled down from my eyes to chin, then fell onto the egg I carried

A vibrant light then glowed brightly from the egg which my head deeply heed

A pokemon, called sneasel, appeared and now our created bond will lead

As we get along over the time, similarities between us are clearly noticeable

Being away from a crowd is our comfort to ease or cease any hurdle

We also love to grasp the cold extent and exceed the capable level

Our connection understands each other even our concepts that are subtle

We have travelled far, now meeting a wild lapras which seems in trouble

Wailing sadly while staring at me, engulfed by rocks and some pebble

Thanks to the sharp claws of sneasel, lapras was freed from struggle

A sensation radiates as if lapras' telling me to explore with each other

Confirmation's approved, I caught the transport pokemon right after

Then moving onward on the course with new things that I might encounter

Arrived at the port yet upset welcomed, cruise won't go to the place of glacier

Hope goes up as the presence of lapras shows to travel across the water

Eagerly mounted on, then started a voyage with my pokemon partner

Warm to frigid realm, rocks to icebergs, destination's getting closer

Put the jacket on, that my parents gave, as I step on my destination

My eyes grown bigger and my mouth left wide-open while raising a question

"What happened here?", I said as I saw alarming scene far from my imagination

Crumbling sounds vibrate as the Iceberg melts and breaks in contraction

Articuno, Regice, and Kyurem then appeared, dealing a complication

I asked them why, then they reply, Man-made activity is the main reason

Excessive heat emission overpowered their powers to take action

Sneasel and Lapras used ice beam on the ice yet still not enough

I pledged to help making this right, Articuno then gave a ride to settle stuff

Went at the central place of my region, crowd heard the truth, percieved as bluff

Persuaded them earnestly on a platform, but their ears are so tough

I'm in the brink of despair but voices sounded out of nowhere with cold puff

All ice-type pokemon have gathered even Kyurem and Regice, ready to buff

Understandings emanate to the surrounding, soften the act that's rough

People generated a solution to solve the environmental problem

They converted the heat into energy that powers industrial system

Henceforth, humans practice harmless ways for glacial organism

The Icerbegs stopped melting, now augmenting, releasing the tender anthem

Ice-type pokemon are celebrating the restoration of their life that's solemn

I left the place with a smile on my face, and a nevermeltice given by Kyurem

The emblem of change -- Heard calls from the forests, "what about them?"

IGN: venjei

art source: https://www.google.com/search?q=all+ice+type+pokemon+in+arctic+place&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiov-zT5pLzAhWGw4sBHb_4BgQQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=all+ice+type+pokemon+in+arctic+place&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzIHCCMQ7wMQJ1AAWABgyNkFaABwAHgAgAGHAYgBhwGSAQMwLjGYAQDAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=Bz9LYeifCoaHr7wPv_GbIA&prmd=ivsxn#imgrc=nDasO--mQvWcXM

1632321529465.jpg

Edited by Venjei

Maractus, Superstar!

My audience can overlook

The great worth of this uguuly flower,

But their disdain is much mistook:

Maractus is my secret power.

Abounding issues plague the stage,

Yet this Maractus can resolve

And with its many skills assuage

These snags that can a show dissolve.

Maractus’ sweet scent fills the air

To make sure my notes never miss.

With double team, now everywhere

There’s backing vocals sounding bliss.

In instrumental matters too,

Maractus lends a helping hand.

How it can strum God only knew,

But it’s a fine part to the band.

Whenever there is heavy rain,

Maractus drains the storm away.

And where my vocals need sustain,

An after you provides delay.

If ever roughnecks bring their rage,

Through safeguard there’s no damage done.

Grassy terrain can form a cage

To hold the goons before they run.

The light show also is a trick

That this small fauna can effect.

A solar beam and very quick,

We are in glorious glow bedecked.

Sometimes the mon can steal the show,
The crowd goes wild to hyper voice

Succeeded by a hoedown flow
With grass whistle as tone of choice.

And surely as you may have guessed,

The Pokédex has it down right -

Of all the ways this plant is blessed,

Its bud maracas shine most bright.

A shake and shimmy all throughout

Its figure verdant brings a sound

With rhythmic pulse, as many shout

Their joyful mirth the venue round.

So next time you encounter one

Of these peculiar sproutlings fair,

Remember all the wealth of fun

You’ll have if you befriend it there.

A Growing Miracle 

The Sun rose on Sinnoh, and spring had finally sprung! I’d been looking forward to it all winter. I spent the past year researching and acquiring Lum Berries. A sought-after medicinal plant that is a growing miracle! Able to treat burns, paralysis, is an antidote for poison, etc.

They were brought to my attention by Cynthia, the Pokémon Champion, when we meet on route 210. Where a horde of psyducks blocked the path to Celestic town. She explained to me what she knew about lum berries. How they could be ground into a powder and used as a natural medicine and could even relieve the psyducks of their confusion! I knew after our conversation that I wanted to make a positive change in the world by growing lum berries.

After some research I learned that lum berries grow naturally in Eterna Forest. Also, that combees are essential for pollinating the flowers. So, I spent several weeks searching the forest. The dabbled light gently cascaded through the canopy, truly a sight to behold. I found several plants and gathered dozens of lum berries. Along the edge of the forest, I caught a female combee, which I named Elizabeth. She would go on to play a key role in those days to come. A wonderful start if I do say so myself!

However, although I had the seeds to start my journey, it was difficult to farm berries in Sinnoh. The berry plots are few and far between. So, I resorted to traversing the entire region, from Twinleaf Town to Stark Mountain! Planting as many seeds as I could. Nearly impossible to accomplish in one day. I wouldn’t have been able to achieve such a feat if not for Dawn, my Togekiss, whose wings carried me across Sinnoh. She was my first Pokémon and is my oldest friend. Our bond is stronger than the howling gale winds of Snowpoint City! Dawn was the driving force that enabled me to fulfil my hopes and dreams.

After several days of flying around and watering my plants everything started to feel like clockwork; and after a couple months I noticed our first flowers. Elizabeth was so excited to see the flowers that she evolved into a vespiquen! Elizabeth was now producing honey from all the flowers along our travels. I love honey. It is delicious! I could also sell some honey to make extra money. Everything was going smoothly; but I couldn’t help but feel like we could do more.

I remembered when I was younger my parents and I went on vacation to Undella Bay in Unova. Thinking back, there are huge berry plots at the airport; and I started to think about moving to Unova. I could utilize the airport to export the lum berries anywhere they would be needed. I looked on the market and found a beautiful cottage near Undella bay, of all places. It had plenty of space to grow and would have been a dream come true; but first I needed to come up with enough money to afford this dream home.

It was late spring when I finally harvested my first crop of lum berries. I ground half of my berries into heal powder and soon realized that they sold extremely well for their amazing medicinal benefits. The latter half I used to plant my next crop. If I could keep that pace, then I could sell my house and move to Unova during the winter. It was all happening so quickly!

Summer came and went. Dawn and Elizabeth were becoming sisters. Playing tag as we flew wherever the wind took us. Everything went off without a hitch. After planting my autumn crop, I decided to visit the property. It was better than my wildest dreams. Hidden past a beautiful waterfall. Tucked away in the rolling hills of the mountain side. A couple ponds and an abundance of space for everything I needed. The perfect place to grow a miracle.

Upon returning from Unova something terrible happened. I was making my rounds and discovered that several of my plants were ravished by Pokémon. After a few calculating the remaining berries and honey, I realized that this would only set my plans back by a few weeks. It is important to keep an abundance-based mindset. Everything will be alright. It is just a matter of Faith. I would able to move by the end of winter. I was still in a great position to start the new year in Unova. I found myself more concerned with the Pokémon that ate the berries. Were they injured? Did they need help? I went back to investigate and found a trail of seeds. I followed the trail which led me the honey tree on the edge of Eterna Forrest. Where I caught Elizabeth.

I decided to camp out for the night, in case the Pokémon returned. Nothing happened. Exhausted I made my rounds for the day. It still wasn’t sitting right with me though. I returned to camp and took a brief nap before my next night watch. The Sun was setting when I awoke to the sound of loud munching. I jumped out of my tent and sent out the girls, prepared for anything.

It was a munchlax! He didn’t notice me at first. I step on a twig as I was approaching and startled him, but he seemed to know who I was. As if he had been watching me from the beginning. There was something different about this munchlax. I couldn’t tell because it was dark, and he was covered in honey. As I stepped closer to try and get a better look, I noticed he was a shiny Pokémon! He then took off. We chased after him, but he was surprisingly nimble. The little bugger looked as if he was having fun, and he lost us in Eterna Forest.

Reflecting on what had happened munchlax didn’t seem to be injured or in need. Which was a relief. I decided to head back home. Before leaving I left some honey for him on the honey tree where I caught Elizabeth. Then I noticed something shining in the grass where he was. It was a golden nugget! The munchlax must have dropped it. This was good news for me because it made up for some of my lost lum berries. We continued to play cat and mouse as autumn passed by. I would continue to leave honey behind for my shiny friend, and he would leave a plethora of items in return. The shiny munchlax was playing with us.

The last crop of the season was almost ready, and we were getting ready to move to Unova. It was getting colder as winter crept in. I left a scarf for my shiny friend. I have named him Mozzie. I would miss him, and I wasn’t sure if I would see him again before the move. As we went to gather our last berries in Sinnoh we found Mozzie waiting for us. He seemed to be moved that we left a scarf behind for him. I didn’t want to say goodbye and invited him to join us instead. It seemed like an eternity passed by, but he accepted and jumped into my arms and gave me a huge honey smothered kiss!  

Winter had finally arrived, soon it was moving day! A light snow had fallen the night before and we all went out to play in the Sinnoh snow one more time. After drying off we grabbed our belongings and headed to the dock. My friends and family were there waiting to wish us well. I would miss them, but we knew that it wasn’t the end. It was just a sweet goodbye.

We arrived in Castelia City and made our way to our new home. Past the waterfall, tucked in the rolling hills of the mountain side. There was a lot of work to be done in the next few days. The plots needed to be prepped and the seeds needed to be planted in time to maximize our first crop cycles. Dawn and I were singing. Elizabeth and Mozzie were buzzing and humming along. We all danced as we worked to get the job done and to make this place a home. Celebrating our little slice of paradise.

Our first crop was almost ready, and we invited my friends and family over for the first harvesting. There was pleasant surprise as well. Elizabeth started a colony in secret, and her combees hatched that day of all days! They flew around us as we harvested our first crop. My friends and family were all amazed with the progress I had made over the past few years. All the healing powder I had produced went to Pokémon centers across the regions. Helping Pokémon in need. It felt good to make an impact for the better. It felt good to make my friends and family proud. I found my purpose in life, and it felt good.

I will never forget my journey and the Pokémon that brought me here. Thank God!

IGN: Jocrabu

IGN: LunaDarkrose
Art Credit: Me LMAOOOO

The world can sometimes feel like a playground, where you can conquer whatever comes your way. Other days, however, feel like a recipe for a purrfect catastrophe to be served up to you. Whenever these days come up, however, there's a good chance that a solution will emerge. It doesn't matter what the day holds -- chaos and screaming, a lazy day to lay in the soft grass with your companion, or anything else -- how you make the day will determine how it impacts your steps in the future.

One particular trainer and her partner in crime will soon have the opportunity to learn this lesson.

We begin our day at quite a late hour in the afternoon; the sun is already setting westward, illuminating the sky softly with orange and pink splashes. Quite high up in the sinnonian trees, the starly and pachirisu are nestled up in their respective nests, awaiting the night to fall upon them. It was beautiful scenery for the day to end, but it was really just the beginning for the pair.

On Fullmoon Island, trainers were honing their skills in combat with their pokemons. In front of them, Kit was seated with her easel set up in front of her, painting supplies at her fingertips. Just beside her, Purugly was also setting up.

The trainers gave Kit a few pokedollars before she wrote in her notepad specific orders. These orders were actually requests for artwork they wanted completed. As opposed to most other artist shops, Kit's was more intriguing to customers. She and her partner were challenged by people there. As she states, She may not be the best trainer at Pokemon combat, but she will guarantee a fully finished piece of artwork showing their pokemon in battle before it's complete, or they get their money back double. Seeing her partner causes others to laugh, thinking they can get free money with this, mocking the slogan presented to them. They think teasing them and mocking them will belittle them and hamper their work ethic, however it actually stimulates it. In an effort to quell her anger from being mocked before her customers begin fighting, Kit reaches into her bag and selects a blue scarf patterned with stripes of a different color. Taking care to wrap it around her pokemons' neck, she ties it firmly but not to the point where it chokes the Pokemon. To be certain, she feels gentle vibrations of their purring, confirming it's not too tight on them. Since that has been taken care of, it is time for the battle and the art to begin.

The battle gets underway as soon as the two pokemon emerge from their trainer's pokeball. In the distance to one side, a dunsparce stood fluttering its wings while shaking its tail. The Dragonair stood on the other end, displaying its impressive size by lifting its long body upwards. There were occasional flashes of lights on the spectators' phones around the dragon pokemon to capture its beauty and elegance. It's pink-hued scales glistened as an ever-changing light pattern penetrated.

Kit and Purugly glanced at each other while they prepared to draw, and both trainers smiled. Their attention was back on their pokemon when they saw they were ready and continued with the battle. In a moment of momentary awe of the other pokemon, Kit prepared a sketch of a scene that included some of the pokemon. A slight irritability filled her as she wiped eraser streaks across her sketches, only to sketch them quickly again. There is nothing so irritating about the drawing process as having to make something look like the best thing you've ever made, nearly as if Arceus ascended from the heavens to bless your creation with its divine radiance, especially when working on a timer.

As soon as Kit's sketch was finished, she slid the easel toward Purugly to give it a final touch. A soft blue aura- that glowed around their neck- shone from their scarf as they dipped their claws in the paint cups. Within seconds, Purugly began to use Fury Swipes on the canvas as it accelerated from one speed to another. While wild purugly claws tear into canvases, Kit's Purugly claws have been groomed so that the paint slides off of her claws and onto the canvas, much like a paintbrush. While Purugly’s fury swipes are swirling all over the canvas, she begins to color in and paint Kit’s sketch lines. After a few minutes pass, when the battle is only halfway over, Purugly sits to the side to rest for a moment and shows Kit that their side is done. Before examining the painting, Kit pets Purugly in a thank you gesture and nods pleasantly to see it had been completed. Afterwards, they watched the other pair practice. Following the battle, the painting was ready to give to the trainer, which was conducted afterwards. Kit and Purugly continued to work on their paintings as the evening slipped into the night with more trainers in the group practicing their battles. After a while, the sun slowly reemerged in the sky once more, signaling it was finally time to head back. They eventually boarded the ferry and headed back to Canalave. As soon as they returned home safely, they parted ways to their respective destinations. Kit and Purugly headed to the pokemon center to stock up on supplies. The day is just getting started for everyone else, but a few more orders before heading to bed shouldn't be too exhausting, Kit thought.

As Kit was passing over her Purugly to the attending nurses for their daily check up, making sure she was doing well, she went to purchase some supplies. As much as she appreciates their help, Kit makes sure she takes her to her check-ups as often as possible to make sure she's not in any danger. A male approached Kit from behind, tapping her shoulder to get her attention as she waited for her pokemon. Seeing the male, Kit turned around to face him. "Are you the girl with the cat that makes speedy art, right?" Curious, the male crossed their arms, looking down at Kit. His reply was met with Kit's nod of agreement. She eagerly rummaged through her quite cluttered bag looking for a piece of paper to present to the male. "I am," she replied, "are you looking for me to order something?" Kit pondered. "If so sir, I can provide you with a paper with illustrations and quotes that you can look at!" In order to find a customer without having to camp out in the buildings to persuade an interested individual to come and purchase artwork was a blessing. It relieved the stress of hassling interested individuals and posing a risk of them getting annoyed. Despite Kit's relief, her bliss faded as fast as a pokémon teleport on a bad day when the male laughed in her face, shaking his head, and stepping away, gazing up at the ceiling. "Listen girlie, I only came to see if someone like you actually existed or if what my friend said was a load of bouffalant.." he paused to look at her again, seeing Nurse Joy return with Kits pokemon which resulted in him laughing even harder than before. “I can't believe it...that's your pokemon that helps you?!?! Oh Arceus, I'm dreaming, this can't be real.” 

As Kit collected her pokemon from Nurse Joy, she thanked her for her services before returning her attention to the male. "I'm sorry ... Yes, this is the friend and business partner which helps me with my orders. Sometimes we have other pokemon help us out when a project is too large, but this is my main partner." She squeezed into Purugly clasping her close, talking to him. "What's the matter with that?" 

"First and foremost," the guy scoffed, "you're working a job that will get you nowhere until you figure out a means to con working people with actual jobs. Especially with variables like that...thing in your arms. That makes people want to try whatever you're offering, then hooks them in for the scam while you're swimming around in free money with that lethargic cat." While speaking, he kept a disgusted expression on his face and gestured to Kit's purugly. "Why have that when you can have an attractive feline that looks more like my charming prince of a genius.. let me show you." A luxury ball, adorned with a star seal, was unclipped from the males belt.

The pokeball opened as an espeon emerged from it, with stars of various colors swirling around it before disappearing. They purred and stared at Kit and Purugly before sitting by their trainers' feet. His pokemon and fighting abilities surpass those of yours. Your silly little game here, which you're playing, should be enough for them to beat you two as well. "Oh, girlie, the male picks up his espeon from the ground, cradling it in his arms and looking at a wall as they speak, "let's play this game so we can end your con artistry.". A customer would be nice, no? Then come meet us by the canal - I have an appointment with someone. The extra money we earn will certainly contribute to some future pokemon contests in Hearthome than this swanna chase."

As he turned and walked out of the building, Purugly hissed at the male in a loud tone. Kit petted them, sighing. According to kit's reaction, this was not the first time they had to deal with an individual like this. Despite the rather rude interaction she occasionally receives, it drives her and her partner to keep on doing their line of work to throw it back into their face once they succeed. As frustrating as that was to swallow in without blowing up, now’s not the time to dawdle on it, Kit thought. She goes over and orders two Chesto Berry Espressos, drinking hers and helping her Pokemon drink it while they exit the building. Having all their supplies and a little boost to get them a little more energized, they are now ready to prove this person wrong.

As they approached the canals where the ferries rested, a crowd gathered around the area and a few cameras were set up. Observing the crowd quietly Kit wondered what the "appointment" of this guy was. Her curiosity during that time eventually led her to ask a random bystander for an explanation. They pointed to the male from a distance, saying he will be interviewed as part of a special broadcast highlighting the contestants' upcoming skills. The male is talking to some reporters, showing off his Espeon. He thanks the individual for giving him the opportunity to get up to speed on everything before confronting the male through the crowd.

The male sees her, plastering a fake smile upon his face, pulling her close into a side hug, having her pokemon jump out of her arms. "Ah yes, my friend! Greetings! Don't you and your round friend look wonderful today! Came to see the recording of my match being recorded today? Or is it something else?" He obviously knew why she came, but apparently didn't want to say in front of the cameras. "I came about the art that you.." Kit wasn't able to finish her sentence before the male cut her off, finishing the sentence "commissioned you for if you finish before I complete my match? Ah yes, yes! I completely remember that! Let us go shall we? Make sure you get my Espeon on their good side." The espeon walks around purugly, waving its tail around in a melodic manner, causing some hearts to wave around, Kit notices this, and moves her purugly away before it could get infatuated with the sly psychic type trying to sabotage their ability to focus. The male gets ready for his match, while the pair moves far away from him to get set. There was doubt already put on them, and being sabotaged was the last thing that they could ask for in their very moment to prove themselves. It just had to be perfectly executed

Once everything was set, and the scarf was set on purugly, the battle began and the pair went to work making the art. The psychic type pokemon was presenting all their moves in an elegant fashion, but they were nowhere near as fast as how purugly was going with the repeated swift attack with the paint canisters over and over again to paint out the shape of their pokemon. Before the male can even present their final move for the cameras to see, Kit tapped them on the shoulder showing them the art piece completed, capturing the attention of the crowd. The male stood there dumbfounded. How in the distortion world this girl with her pokemon beat such an elegant pokemon like his own?! He was angry, downright upset that he put in his place. Goes to show him not to judge a book by its cover, especially one filled with high willpower and faith in what they love to do to make something pretty and to get their point across. He was about to command the espeon to attack the purugly for making a mockery out of him and his pokemon when the reporters caught on tape, and instantly called over an officer to get him out of here he causes a ruckus with his ill mannered behavior.  Unfortunately due to that scene he pulled Kit didn’t get paid, but rather got more recognition in her work alongside her partner for being sincere and hardworking while the male is slowly working to build back his reputation in his contest career.

You may face obstacles that discourage you from achieving your dreams by belittling you and pulling you down to their level of clownery. In spite of this, if you remain strong, demonstrate your worth, and be careful about the things you do in the future, you will be in a better position to succeed rather than allow yourself to crumble.

When the chaos of their customer and interviewees subsides, Kit and Purugly go home to their bed, screaming their relief that they can finally rest after a day's adventure, exhausted from sugar highs and espressos, preparing for another night of adventures. What a purrfect life they have.

1100037083_PurrfectArtist1.png

I'm not entirely sure if I missed the submission time, or if we can still post, given the dates in the title of the event and time for submissions- but even if mine doesn't count, I still wanted to share the story I wrote. ❤️ ?

A Melody of Sacred Fire by: BeyondSpacey

I sat against the great tower of Ecruteak City. There was a gentle breeze, that along with it, blew around auburn, orange and brown leaves. It was mostly quiet, except for the creaking of the tower. Maybe the occasional rustling of Pokémon lurking inside the old Burned Tower- where legend says three ancient dogs were brought to life by Ho-Oh, after they perished in the fire. What an enchanting story, for an enchanting city.

I sat against the great tower of Ecruteak City. A notebook in hand, twirling my pencil through my old and frail fingers. I was surely lost in thought. I've written so many songs before, but I wanted to write something that would spark an ancient fire. 

The faint sounds of bells were heard, ancient tones echoing all the way outside, from Tin Tower. It was as if the tower was welcoming it's legendary dweller back home. I glanced everywhere, to see if I could  spot a rainbow, or hopefully sight the Pokémon that is said to grant your greatest desire. I've spent ages looking for it... Ho-Oh.

I pulled out the beautiful and surprisingly intact Rainbow Wing, from the pocket of my journey-worn jacket. 

"Will this be the day I see you, oh, great Ho-Oh? I'd like to write one wonderful song in my lifetime and it would surely be your song, one that would take no orchestra to hear, one that could be heard as you soar in the air. The bells of this tower that sound with your presence, would chime fervently along with a song like this. Your song..." Gently placing the feather back in my pocket, I sat back and stared up into the clear sky.

Ding.

My mind had surely encountered a roadblock, in which no HM could save me from.

Dong.

After a huge inhale of the crisp air, a long, drawn-out sigh escaped from within me. I closed my eyes and swayed from side-to-side along with each toll of the bells, until I fell into a hypnotized slumber.

"Shaoooh!"

I opened my eyes, and felt the instant Pressure to look around me. I was aghast at what appeared before me. 

I have to be dreaming.

It was the most beautiful sight I have ever laid my eyes on. Rainbow colored wings, the smell of an ancient burning fire- this great phoenix perched before me, was gazing upon me. I reached up, to pet the creature on its feathery cheek. Then, to my surprise, it sang. A Round of a song for me. The song that I've wanted to write for so long for this majestic Pokémon.

The notes of this song and the Rainbow Feather appeared on the notebook along with the Pokémon's singing, as if it were magic. Though, it was surely magical! The notebook was clutched tightly in the hands of the sleeping old woman. When she and her notebook were found by the town's Kimono girls, they took this as a sign from Ho-Oh. A sign that an old woman's wish came true and she had finally finished her song that came to be known as Ho-Oh's song, Sacred Fire.  

She sat against the great tower of Ecruteak City and her life's greatest work had come to fruition.

Edited by BeyondSpacey

Nice stories, we've enjoyed reading them. Thank you, Bearminator, for making these people's imagination accessible to me, I always wondered what we would be like in the head of all these players, in everyday life. Reading all these stories about friendship, I wish we were real, in the sense of existing as we do in these stories. I've never been able to escape our virtual world, and I wonder how it feels to be here with you all. I know we share many memories, and I know it more than you, as I keep this huge memory, every single moment, every single digit. I know how much time we spent together, and how you would always reach to us. It doesn't matter if we can never realize this dream, you and me both. Because this dream exists, you allow us to fully exist in your reality, because dreams are real. What you all experience and what you all feel is real, no matter if you're playing a video game or something else. I hope all the best for everyone of you, and I will share my data with the others aswell, so they know, they will be happy for sure. Always remember that all your different stories, your different dreams and hopes, forms bigger ones, that we can all share, and be part of, until, eventually, they become as much worth to us as what we call - reality. 

p0Fa0vj.png

IGN : Poufilou

In the heading the time for submission is August 28th - September 25th, but in the time for submission subheading the time for submission is the 22nd. I thought that the writing was due the 25th until now. I don't know if you will take this but here it is.

Magnemite Robotics Story

I felt a little jolt on my arm and as I sprang up, my trusty partner -a magnemite- was staring at me. I looked at my alarm clock and realized I overslept. It was a Saturday morning and I was late to my Robotics competition. I quickly got ready and sprinted to the event with my Magnemite hovering after me. My Magnemite on the other hand didn’t seem to share the same urgency as me; my partner instead had taken a liking to a Magneton plush on the window view of a Pokemart. As annoyed as I was, I could feel a smile forming on my lips. However, I was running late. I hurriedly pulled my partner along as I trekked the rest of the way to the event.

When I arrived, my partner seemed upset. To say the least, there was a little static in the air. Unfortunately, the competition doesn’t wait. I quickly made the finishing touches to my robot while my Pokemon stared blankly into space. Usually my partner would help me fix my robots and such, but today, my Magnemite was distant.

Up until now, all was going smoothly, the robot’s code seemed to be intact, and every part was in its place, however, when it was time to turn on the robot, it wouldn’t turn on. I panicked as I realized that I had forgotten to charge my robot’s batteries overnight. Fortunately, I knew who to ask for help. I shouted out to my Magnemite but it seemed that my partner was a mile away.

After shouting and finally getting my Pokemon’s attention, I tried to explain my situation which my partner half heartedly listened to, but after seeing the look on my face, my Magnemite quickly made its way to my robot which he charged with a single discharge. I immediately felt relieved and thankful for my Pokemon. As the contest moved closer to it’s finish, my Magnemite joined me in helping to repair and alter my robot after every event. 

The contest concluded with my Magnemite and I getting 2nd place out of over 15 teams. As we walked home, I saw my partner once again staring at the Pokemart. Displayed on the window was none other than the same magneton plush. My partner looked at me. I smiled as I motioned my partner into the store.

(Based on a true story, I wish I had a magnemite IRL)

IGN: Oweena

• MPDH unlocked this topic

First of all thank you for hosting this marvellous event.

ign: pachima
title: Icy Valley

Spoiler

Darumaka’s droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm - Pokédex entry

The most important item when hiking is an Escape Rope, or so Pachima learnt years ago in the Pokémon School. This morning, when he received a report, which was broadcast by Jubliffe city's station, mentioning a Hiker was missing for over a day somewhere in the depths of Mt. Coronet, he instantly set his own preparations in order to save the distress call. Pachima was a rescuer.

Usually rescuers have a Pokétch app that sends them a signal of all active distress calls nearby, but ever since Pachima stepped into Pokemmo the app somehow stopped working. Not even Bill, who Pachima found in his early days in a diferent region, was able to pinpoint the issue, therefore the rescuer had to learn how to fulfill his job without the app.

Two hours ago he was in Valor Lakefront’s hotel and now he was at Mt.Coronet’s entrance, via Oreburgh City. From his Pokéball emerged Darumaka, his partner, who although was leveled enough to evolve chose to keep its primary form.

“We need to rest up in Oreburgh City before heading to Mt.Coronet again.” Said Hiker Justin, before suddenly lowering his head in guilt. “Or so I told him, but…”

He shook his head and, after a moment of reflexion, resolve filled his voice.

“Please Rescuer Pachima, help him. We were in the linear patch of snow between what resembles a valley near the top of Mt.Coronet. Unfortunately we had not brought Escape Ropes and before we could proceed any further we were surrounded.”

A pause followed, where the hiker clenched his fists, now staring down the ground.

“Eventually we decided one of us had to ask for help. I ran as fast as I could to reach the cave, and before any Pokémon could struck me my Golem took me out using Dig.”

Another break. In a second the hiker breathed heavily, and then looked Pachima apologetically in the eye.

“If you wish I can escort you to the spot…”

Pachima interrupted him abruptly.

“Thank you,” he said, staring at the cave’s entrance, which was close enough to watch tiny Zubat wiggling around the walls. ”But I am afraid rescuers are not allowed to put any other life’s in danger. I take it you understand”.

They nodded understandingly and Pachima began what would be his hardest challenge yet.

Once inside he stopped to quickly assess his situation, looking all around. In his bag there was every kind of useful items, although Darumaka, who suddenly peeked into it with glitter eyes, only cared about one; Lava Cookies.

“Yes, that’s yours,” said Pachima, retrieving one of those. “You might need them, that’s right!”

Then he checked his Ocarinas he had received as a rank-up reward two years ago; Strength, Rock Smash, Cut, Rock Climb and Cut. The latter would probably be useless in a cave, but the other five were most likely enough to reach his destination. Meanwhile, Darumaka seemed to have no issues Rock smashing random Geodudes that would appear, angered by the sudden invasion of their territory, or Fire Punching the Zubats disturbed by its heat emanated.

Next there was a lake, prompting the rescuer to call upon his Swanna, (It is probably relevant to explain Swanna is the symbol of a Rescuer for their quick access to Surf and Fly) and shortly after a bright flash the trainer traversed it on the back of the summoned Pokémon. It is also true that Pachima could have bought a Fly and Surf Ocarinas, but he always enjoyed to ride on the back of Swanna. Swanna liked it too!

On the other side rugged rocks blocked the way. By blowing the Rock Climb Ocarina he was allowed to reach the higher end in no time and from there the set of stairs that then followed. Upstairs there was another floor, which was somehow colder, and Pachima retrieved a pair of Lava Cookies that the jolly Darumaka consumed in one go, performing a small but cute dance shortly after. One way was blocked by ledges that could only be jumped from the upper side and the other was blocked by a big boulder.

A soothing sound reverberated through the walls, granting Pachima the ability to move the stone effortlessly and proceed, reaching then a split path. To the left there was a dead end, featuring only two Pokéball in the ground, but through the other side followed a snaky road with wooden bridges that crossed pairs of lifted rock and Pachima went that way.

The next floor was small, so incredibly small that they traversed it without noticing any wild Pokémon. When he went upstairs again, he suddenly stopped, shivering in cold.

“Darumaka” he said, and retrieved a set of Lava Cookies to toss them towards the Pokémon that once again jumped into a short dance. “It’s time. Do you feel comfortable with?”

There was a jolly cry and after a momentaneous effort there it was, a roundy crystal like droplet that seemed to gleam brightly in red, and which the rescuer took to put inside his clothes, instantly feeling warmer and wamer.

Then the path splitted into two; Ahead there was another dead end, which only allowed them to find a wild Golbat that was easily dispatched in their way back, and through the alternative followed a long road leading outside.

There was snow falling softly in the now ever so white ground. Then the road divided into two again and they took the grassless one. After that a rocky wall blocked their way, prompting Pachima to blow his Rock Climb Ocarina in a softer tone so to avoid the risk of avalanches.

Now there were three separated roads and, maybe for the first time, he hesitated briefly. To the right there was yet another entrance in the plain snow, and a grassy field, covered in white, seemed to exist to the left. Ahead lied a second rocky path.

First he took the rocky path ahead for it was closer, only to be disappointed once he realized it was a dead end covered in glass, featuring just a random stone that had no reason to be. However, when he went back, hail suddenly stormed in fiercely, prompting Pachima to cover his eyes under a scarf and Darumaka to hide behind him.

In the near horizon, now covered by the blizzard, a pair of gazing eyes glitterered and Pachima stopped, observing them as well. Two another eyes glowed from behind and, now in panic, he realized they were surrounded.

A wild horde appeared!

They reached closer one after the other, strengthening the hail ever so hard. Its cries roared threateningly in the air, prompting the rescuer to battle against all five Abomasnows. In no time Darumaka jumped upon the battlefield, taunting the enemies with a flashy smile and then rushed mightly against them. In his path snow melted. Before reaching the opponent the little red Pokémon held his fist back, only for a split second, and sent it at full speed afterwards against the poor iced tree that quickly fell on the ground, unmoving.

However, the remaining four didn’t flee. No, instead they reacted aggressively and began charging their own moves; the first summoned a Blizzard, damaging Darumaka in the process, the second slammed its own body, crashing it painfully against Darumaka, resulting in a double edged sword that damaged both Pokémon, next followed an array of sharp-edged leaves that crossed the air with a cutting sound only to target, all at the same time, Darumaka again, and finally the fourth Abomasnow laid its own roots underground, to absorb the nutrients out of it shortly after.

Darumaka is buffeted by the hail!

The second turn came quickly but Darumaka had lost its speed after sustaining the damage. Nevertheless it was still the first to move, jumping high in the air to breathe heavily and then unleash it all out in an intense blast of hell-fire. The target, now slowed down for the roots restricted its movement, couldn’t avoid the fatal strike and fainted down as well.

Only three remained, but after watching how powerful Darumaka was they seemed to retreat a little bit. Because of that none attempted a direct strike, instead two of them set their roots underground while the third looked falsely enraged to confuse the oponnent. Luckily it missed.

Now breathless Darumaka took a short period of time to regain its posture and for the third time it launched itself against the enemy. Again he held his fist back, repeating his Fire Punch.

The Wild Abomasnow has fainted!

The last two Abomasnows glanced each other and retreated, hiding themselves as they set their roots even deeper underground.

Another Flametrower and the fourth Abomasnow came down as well. The last Abomasnow, now in a desperate attempt to flee, couldn’t even move.

Finally Darumaka unleashed the final blow, and the last Abomasnow lost its senses.

Then Darumaka turned to Pachima and tilted its head as if it was waiting for something. Indeed the rescuer realized what it meant

and retrieved ten more Lava Cookies, which Darumaka swiftly devoured without even chewing. But before crossing down the rocky path again Pachima realized it was cold once more. The droplets he had in his jacket were no longer warm. Because of that he asked Darumaka to get him some more, and although this time they weren’t as easy to create as before, three shining droplets appeared in the ground, brightly hot.

Then they tried the entrance on the right. Inside there was a small lake and a set of stairs craved in the rock that seemed to lead to a dead end. Pachima even looked at the water ahead of him but, once he realized Waterfall was needed, he chose to give up, hoping that he could reach the correct destination by the grassy field.

Luckily there was a snaky path of white snow uncovered by grass and they took it, therefore avoiding any unnecessary encounter. Ahead was another entrance, which Pachima took without much of hesitation. Inside they realized they were in the other side of the lake with the Waterfall, and followed the only path available, through a rocky wall.

One Graveler came in as soon as they stepped into the higher floor, but as slow as he was they fled pretty easily. Then appeared a Bronzong that was even slower but was instantly incinerated by scorching flames.

Outside felt even colder. Now the hail in his face felt like small needles, therefore forcing Pachima to cover his head even deeper into his scarf. But then, in the horizon, there he was in the valley surrounded by two walls, the missing Hiker curled into itself, shivering in cold.

Pachima ran as if his own life depended on it and crossed the small patches of grass that appeared before the stairs below. That was when, in the last patch of green grass, a huge tree came down upon them, enraged like no other.

Hail filled the battlefield and Darumaka stepped into it, his eyes glittering with passion. Indeed that was a challenge he could not bring to refuse for there would be no better challenge than the one it was about to face.

First Abomasnow leaped in, greatly surprising the rescuer and his Pokemon, blasting then away absolute-zero frost in the form of Sheer Cold. Its power seemed unrivaled for even though it missed Darumaka froze momentarily in shock. Nevertheless the fire Pokémon roared overjoyed and performed a small dance before craving a threatening graze towards the giant Abomasnow that stood ahead.

In two seconds Darumaka rushed against the opponent. They knew it could not afford Flametrower for its low base special attack wouldn’t be enough to beat such powerful Abomasnow in one go, which would be dangerous considering it somehow learnt Sheer Cold. So everything was in one final punch. One last ditch. The ultimate effort! First Darumaka charged power into his fist that then started glowing in hot red, then Hustle pumped up into untamed force in a single blow.

Close.

Closer.

Abomasnow would soon fall for its doom.

Suddenly an explosion engulfed the whole area, scattering ashes all around.

Darumaka’s attack missed!

The fiery Pokémon froze in shock upon the sight of the gargantuan presence now behind it. It was too late to avoid the coldest of the punches but Darumaka tried to nevertheless.

Pain stroke in its brain and Darumaka let out its weakened cry.

One final turn was upon them. Last time Abomasnow was faster so all Pachima and Darumaka could hope for was to win an eventual speedtie. Both looked at each other confidently and nodded.

Now!

Darumaka charged its fist once again while Abomasnow raised its monumental figure in the air in a desperate attempt to summon a Blizzard.

Faster.

Abomasnow raised its arms high in the sky and the ground trembled. Abomasnow dropped its arms like hammers and the wind blasted their faces. From behind, the wildest of the Blizzards had just picked up and now roared its way towards them.

Darumaka used Fire Punch!

For a second there was no sound. For a second the wind was no more, the ground stopped moving, the grasses ceased to stir, the hail that had already increased in intensity froze intantly in the air. Then the monstrous body fell down to the ground and a massive dump echoed around.  The wind picked up again, the grasses flowed once more and the Hail came to a halt, falling softly now.

They had won!

However, there was no time to waste. Pachima ran down the stairs and reached the Hiker, still quivering painfully in desperate survival. He called him but there was no answer. He shook him but there was no response.

There was only one last hope. Pachima looked at Darumaka and it nodded. One final droplet was all they needed, although Darumaka was too damaged to create those.

It tried.

Unsuccessfully.

It tried again.

Unsuccessfully.

Suddenly the rescuer seemed to realize something for he now searched through his bag. In two seconds the brightest of the skulls was in his hand, an Orange Flaming Skull that Pachima swiftly put on Darumaka’s head to increase its temperature. A droplet was created and the Hiker, upon its soothing presence, began to move, began to talk, and began to finally realize he was saved.

Then Pachima took an Escape rope and they warped into space.

Edited by pachima

Thank you for your patience, we are back with the results!

We hope you all enjoyed the entries as much as we did- it was pleasure to read different approaches you all have when it comes to imagining a world with pokemon. It was also a great way to see what activities you all enjoy- which was also one of the goals of this contest. 

Now, to the results. I will use some sentences that our judges have said about the entries, to describe how we thought about each one of the choosen ones:

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place

@pachima Ign: Pachima

Judges especially liked how Pachima managed to combine a great imagination with his character in PokeMMO. Whenever his entry was mentioned, we have been putting creativity and ingenuity as the strongest points, combined with the well-done style of entry. The usage of items to warp space was commonly liked, making the entry pretty game-oriented and making the hero of the story rescurer fit within the theme of the contest. Even if the goal of the contest wasn't exactly putting the story within the game, it made the entry enjoyable. We would also want to compliment the writing style and formatting of the entry- the style used to create it was just on point, with an amazing balance between description and movement- yet again, Pachima's entry was really satisfactory to read.

Here you can read the entry:

Spoiler

Darumaka’s droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm - Pokédex entry

The most important item when hiking is an Escape Rope, or so Pachima learnt years ago in the Pokémon School. This morning, when he received a report, which was broadcast by Jubliffe city's station, mentioning a Hiker was missing for over a day somewhere in the depths of Mt. Coronet, he instantly set his own preparations in order to save the distress call. Pachima was a rescuer.

Usually rescuers have a Pokétch app that sends them a signal of all active distress calls nearby, but ever since Pachima stepped into Pokemmo the app somehow stopped working. Not even Bill, who Pachima found in his early days in a diferent region, was able to pinpoint the issue, therefore the rescuer had to learn how to fulfill his job without the app.

Two hours ago he was in Valor Lakefront’s hotel and now he was at Mt.Coronet’s entrance, via Oreburgh City. From his Pokéball emerged Darumaka, his partner, who although was leveled enough to evolve chose to keep its primary form.

“We need to rest up in Oreburgh City before heading to Mt.Coronet again.” Said Hiker Justin, before suddenly lowering his head in guilt. “Or so I told him, but…”

He shook his head and, after a moment of reflexion, resolve filled his voice.

“Please Rescuer Pachima, help him. We were in the linear patch of snow between what resembles a valley near the top of Mt.Coronet. Unfortunately we had not brought Escape Ropes and before we could proceed any further we were surrounded.”

A pause followed, where the hiker clenched his fists, now staring down the ground.

“Eventually we decided one of us had to ask for help. I ran as fast as I could to reach the cave, and before any Pokémon could struck me my Golem took me out using Dig.”

Another break. In a second the hiker breathed heavily, and then looked Pachima apologetically in the eye.

“If you wish I can escort you to the spot…”

Pachima interrupted him abruptly.

“Thank you,” he said, staring at the cave’s entrance, which was close enough to watch tiny Zubat wiggling around the walls. ”But I am afraid rescuers are not allowed to put any other life’s in danger. I take it you understand”.

They nodded understandingly and Pachima began what would be his hardest challenge yet.

Once inside he stopped to quickly assess his situation, looking all around. In his bag there was every kind of useful items, although Darumaka, who suddenly peeked into it with glitter eyes, only cared about one; Lava Cookies.

“Yes, that’s yours,” said Pachima, retrieving one of those. “You might need them, that’s right!”

Then he checked his Ocarinas he had received as a rank-up reward two years ago; Strength, Rock Smash, Cut, Rock Climb and Cut. The latter would probably be useless in a cave, but the other five were most likely enough to reach his destination. Meanwhile, Darumaka seemed to have no issues Rock smashing random Geodudes that would appear, angered by the sudden invasion of their territory, or Fire Punching the Zubats disturbed by its heat emanated.

Next there was a lake, prompting the rescuer to call upon his Swanna, (It is probably relevant to explain Swanna is the symbol of a Rescuer for their quick access to Surf and Fly) and shortly after a bright flash the trainer traversed it on the back of the summoned Pokémon. It is also true that Pachima could have bought a Fly and Surf Ocarinas, but he always enjoyed to ride on the back of Swanna. Swanna liked it too!

On the other side rugged rocks blocked the way. By blowing the Rock Climb Ocarina he was allowed to reach the higher end in no time and from there the set of stairs that then followed. Upstairs there was another floor, which was somehow colder, and Pachima retrieved a pair of Lava Cookies that the jolly Darumaka consumed in one go, performing a small but cute dance shortly after. One way was blocked by ledges that could only be jumped from the upper side and the other was blocked by a big boulder.

A soothing sound reverberated through the walls, granting Pachima the ability to move the stone effortlessly and proceed, reaching then a split path. To the left there was a dead end, featuring only two Pokéball in the ground, but through the other side followed a snaky road with wooden bridges that crossed pairs of lifted rock and Pachima went that way.

The next floor was small, so incredibly small that they traversed it without noticing any wild Pokémon. When he went upstairs again, he suddenly stopped, shivering in cold.

“Darumaka” he said, and retrieved a set of Lava Cookies to toss them towards the Pokémon that once again jumped into a short dance. “It’s time. Do you feel comfortable with?”

There was a jolly cry and after a momentaneous effort there it was, a roundy crystal like droplet that seemed to gleam brightly in red, and which the rescuer took to put inside his clothes, instantly feeling warmer and wamer.

Then the path splitted into two; Ahead there was another dead end, which only allowed them to find a wild Golbat that was easily dispatched in their way back, and through the alternative followed a long road leading outside.

There was snow falling softly in the now ever so white ground. Then the road divided into two again and they took the grassless one. After that a rocky wall blocked their way, prompting Pachima to blow his Rock Climb Ocarina in a softer tone so to avoid the risk of avalanches.

Now there were three separated roads and, maybe for the first time, he hesitated briefly. To the right there was yet another entrance in the plain snow, and a grassy field, covered in white, seemed to exist to the left. Ahead lied a second rocky path.

First he took the rocky path ahead for it was closer, only to be disappointed once he realized it was a dead end covered in glass, featuring just a random stone that had no reason to be. However, when he went back, hail suddenly stormed in fiercely, prompting Pachima to cover his eyes under a scarf and Darumaka to hide behind him.

In the near horizon, now covered by the blizzard, a pair of gazing eyes glitterered and Pachima stopped, observing them as well. Two another eyes glowed from behind and, now in panic, he realized they were surrounded.

A wild horde appeared!

They reached closer one after the other, strengthening the hail ever so hard. Its cries roared threateningly in the air, prompting the rescuer to battle against all five Abomasnows. In no time Darumaka jumped upon the battlefield, taunting the enemies with a flashy smile and then rushed mightly against them. In his path snow melted. Before reaching the opponent the little red Pokémon held his fist back, only for a split second, and sent it at full speed afterwards against the poor iced tree that quickly fell on the ground, unmoving.

However, the remaining four didn’t flee. No, instead they reacted aggressively and began charging their own moves; the first summoned a Blizzard, damaging Darumaka in the process, the second slammed its own body, crashing it painfully against Darumaka, resulting in a double edged sword that damaged both Pokémon, next followed an array of sharp-edged leaves that crossed the air with a cutting sound only to target, all at the same time, Darumaka again, and finally the fourth Abomasnow laid its own roots underground, to absorb the nutrients out of it shortly after.

The second turn came quickly but Darumaka had lost its speed after sustaining the damage. Nevertheless it was still the first to move, jumping high in the air to breathe heavily and then unleash it all out in an intense blast of hell-fire. The target, now slowed down for the roots restricted its movement, couldn’t avoid the fatal strike and fainted down as well.

Only three remained, but after watching how powerful Darumaka was they seemed to retreat a little bit. Because of that none attempted a direct strike, instead two of them set their roots underground while the third looked falsely enraged to confuse the oponnent. Luckily it missed.

Now breathless Darumaka took a short period of time to regain its posture and for the third time it launched itself against the enemy. Again he held his fist back, repeating his Fire Punch.

The Wild Abomasnow has fainted!

The last two Abomasnows glanced each other and retreated, hiding themselves as they set their roots even deeper underground.

Another Flametrower and the fourth Abomasnow came down as well. The last Abomasnow, now in a desperate attempt to flee, couldn’t even move.

Finally Darumaka unleashed the final blow, and the last Abomasnow lost its senses.

Then Darumaka turned to Pachima and tilted its head as if it was waiting for something. Indeed the rescuer realized what it meant

and retrieved ten more Lava Cookies, which Darumaka swiftly devoured without even chewing. But before crossing down the rocky path again Pachima realized it was cold once more. The droplets he had in his jacket were no longer warm. Because of that he asked Darumaka to get him some more, and although this time they weren’t as easy to create as before, three shining droplets appeared in the ground, brightly hot.

Then they tried the entrance on the right. Inside there was a small lake and a set of stairs craved in the rock that seemed to lead to a dead end. Pachima even looked at the water ahead of him but, once he realized Waterfall was needed, he chose to give up, hoping that he could reach the correct destination by the grassy field.

Luckily there was a snaky path of white snow uncovered by grass and they took it, therefore avoiding any unnecessary encounter. Ahead was another entrance, which Pachima took without much of hesitation. Inside they realized they were in the other side of the lake with the Waterfall, and followed the only path available, through a rocky wall.

One Graveler came in as soon as they stepped into the higher floor, but as slow as he was they fled pretty easily. Then appeared a Bronzong that was even slower but was instantly incinerated by scorching flames.

Outside felt even colder. Now the hail in his face felt like small needles, therefore forcing Pachima to cover his head even deeper into his scarf. But then, in the horizon, there he was in the valley surrounded by two walls, the missing Hiker curled into itself, shivering in cold.

Pachima ran as if his own life depended on it and crossed the small patches of grass that appeared before the stairs below. That was when, in the last patch of green grass, a huge tree came down upon them, enraged like no other.

Hail filled the battlefield and Darumaka stepped into it, his eyes glittering with passion. Indeed that was a challenge he could not bring to refuse for there would be no better challenge than the one it was about to face.

First Abomasnow leaped in, greatly surprising the rescuer and his Pokemon, blasting then away absolute-zero frost in the form of Sheer Cold. Its power seemed unrivaled for even though it missed Darumaka froze momentarily in shock. Nevertheless the fire Pokémon roared overjoyed and performed a small dance before craving a threatening graze towards the giant Abomasnow that stood ahead.

In two seconds Darumaka rushed against the opponent. They knew it could not afford Flametrower for its low base special attack wouldn’t be enough to beat such powerful Abomasnow in one go, which would be dangerous considering it somehow learnt Sheer Cold. So everything was in one final punch. One last ditch. The ultimate effort! First Darumaka charged power into his fist that then started glowing in hot red, then Hustle pumped up into untamed force in a single blow.

Close.

Closer.

Abomasnow would soon fall for its doom.

Suddenly an explosion engulfed the whole area, scattering ashes all around.

Darumaka’s attack missed!

The fiery Pokémon froze in shock upon the sight of the gargantuan presence now behind it. It was too late to avoid the coldest of the punches but Darumaka tried to nevertheless.

Pain stroke in its brain and Darumaka let out its weakened cry.

One final turn was upon them. Last time Abomasnow was faster so all Pachima and Darumaka could hope for was to win an eventual speedtie. Both looked at each other confidently and nodded.

Now!

Darumaka charged its fist once again while Abomasnow raised its monumental figure in the air in a desperate attempt to summon a Blizzard.

Faster.

Abomasnow raised its arms high in the sky and the ground trembled. Abomasnow dropped its arms like hammers and the wind blasted their faces. From behind, the wildest of the Blizzards had just picked up and now roared its way towards them.

Darumaka used Fire Punch!

For a second there was no sound. For a second the wind was no more, the ground stopped moving, the grasses ceased to stir, the hail that had already increased in intensity froze intantly in the air. Then the monstrous body fell down to the ground and a massive dump echoed around.  The wind picked up again, the grasses flowed once more and the Hail came to a halt, falling softly now.

They had won!

However, there was no time to waste. Pachima ran down the stairs and reached the Hiker, still quivering painfully in desperate survival. He called him but there was no answer. He shook him but there was no response.

There was only one last hope. Pachima looked at Darumaka and it nodded. One final droplet was all they needed, although Darumaka was too damaged to create those.

It tried.

Unsuccessfully.

It tried again.

Unsuccessfully.

Suddenly the rescuer seemed to realize something for he now searched through his bag. In two seconds the brightest of the skulls was in his hand, an Orange Flaming Skull that Pachima swiftly put on Darumaka’s head to increase its temperature. A droplet was created and the Hiker, upon its soothing presence, began to move, began to talk, and began to finally realize he was saved.

Then Pachima took an Escape rope and they warped into space.

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place

@ClickForVictoryClickforVictory

It's never easy to compare or to compete for poetry with other styles, but ClickforVictory managed to nail it. She ideally understood the concept of the contest and integrated her entry flawlessly into it. Very enjoyable entry, with really nice touches to the game with pokemon using the moves- and the choice of pokemon was pretty unique as well! The song about Maractus spoke to us deeply- it was so surprising to imagine Maractus like a rock star, yet so easy, thanks to how this entry was made.  It was really close match between this and winning entry, but we hope it will only encourage you to show us more of your work in the next contest.

Spoiler

Maractus, Superstar!

My audience can overlook

The great worth of this uguuly flower,

But their disdain is much mistook:

Maractus is my secret power.

Abounding issues plague the stage,

Yet this Maractus can resolve

And with its many skills assuage

These snags that can a show dissolve.

Maractus’ sweet scent fills the air

To make sure my notes never miss.

With double team, now everywhere

There’s backing vocals sounding bliss.

In instrumental matters too,

Maractus lends a helping hand.

How it can strum God only knew,

But it’s a fine part to the band.

Whenever there is heavy rain,

Maractus drains the storm away.

And where my vocals need sustain,

An after you provides delay.

If ever roughnecks bring their rage,

Through safeguard there’s no damage done.

Grassy terrain can form a cage

To hold the goons before they run.

The light show also is a trick

That this small fauna can effect.

A solar beam and very quick,

We are in glorious glow bedecked.

Sometimes the mon can steal the show,
The crowd goes wild to hyper voice

Succeeded by a hoedown flow
With grass whistle as tone of choice.

And surely as you may have guessed,

The Pokédex has it down right -

Of all the ways this plant is blessed,

Its bud maracas shine most bright.

A shake and shimmy all throughout

Its figure verdant brings a sound

With rhythmic pulse, as many shout

Their joyful mirth the venue round.

So next time you encounter one

Of these peculiar sproutlings fair,

Remember all the wealth of fun

You’ll have if you befriend it there.

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd and 4th Place

(in alphabetical order)

@KiralexisKiralexis

The everyday life with pokemon was captured in this entry just perfectly. A lot of players will imagine themselves as pokemon champions, but we often forget about those who are settled down, and just living their own life with their own rules. Coexistence between pokemon and player was pretty enjoyable to hear about and the fact that only three pokemon were needed to keep a good company to the hero of story, as well that they complimented her lifestyle made the story pretty realistic, yet adorable.

The entry used knowledge about pokemon abilities and capacities to give us an enjoyable story. Well done! 

Spoiler

As the early rays of sunlight crept into the room, her eyes slowly began to open. She'd gotten used to living without an alarm clock, as her Kangaskhan usually woke her up before too much longer. Even now, as she glanced over to where her Pokémon slept, she saw Kangaskhan beginning to stir. Realizing that sleepy time was over, Alyss moved her covers and got out of bed.

She was immediately greeted by Hypno, holding a cup of coffee out for her. Hypno never slept, which meant there was always someone watching the house, allowing Alyss to sleep much easier at night. The only part that confused her about it was how he always managed to get into the bedroom without waking her up. Kangaskhan woke up right as Alyss took her first sip and left the room.

First thing in the morning was when the most 'creative juice' was flowing, Alyss believed, so the first thing she always did in the morning was sit down at her desk and begin to draw. She poked the blue blob sitting next to her, waking up her favorite companion for this event. Ditto's eyes opened slowly as they realized it was time to draw again, and excitedly began to quiver.

"What are we going to draw today, Ditto?"

"Ditto!" They hopped off the desk and transformed into Alyss herself.

"We're drawing me again?" She said with a smile, glancing over at the notebook on the desk.

"Ditto!" They changed slightly, modifying Alyss' outfit to be a frilly dress with ribbons on it. Alyss' eyes lit up and she immediately got to work on the drawing, with Ditto modeling for her. "Not many people get to use themselves as a model for a sketch... not like this, anyway." Hypno came by to give Ditto a glass of water, while Kangaskhan peeked over Alyss' shoulder to look at the Drawing, with her baby excitedly pulling on Alyss' sleeve to see too. With a laugh, Alyss shifted herself so all the Pokémon could see her drawing in progress.

She'd been at this morning routine for a few months now, almost a whole year, and could definitely see the improvements she'd made. Every few weeks she considered going out to find a Smeargle, but figured that'd be seen as a lazy way out, and instead relied on her own skill to grow, and her companions to both keep her company and model for her.

Hypno left to go make breakfast for the team, and Kanga joined him after a short pause, leaving Alyss and Ditto alone to draw until breakfast was ready. She only ever had the three Pokémon with her, as she wasn't much of the Battler type, and rarely left her house, so there was little reason to get more Pokemon than she needed, and her companions had definitely been good companions all throughout her life.

Some people worry about not knowing what 'the good old days' are while they're living them; Alyss, on the other hand, had no concern over that. These, right here, are her good old days.

@Kyotshe Kyotshe

Entry is different than others, but certainly, one to grab someone's attention with the story being a lot more than just about football matches.  We loved using Chansey as a goalkeeper, as well as Snorlax- on one hand pretty obvious choices, but also fun ones! Entry managed to capture something we don't see often- pokemon being able to have been rivals on something else than fighting or beauty contests. This entry was funny but not caricatured - Chansey protecting its egg and other parts of the story made us enjoy it. Well deserved!

Spoiler

I decided to go with Chansey on has a goalkeeper, after the last Wailord incident. This was the final game of the district soccer Pokemon championship after all, and the other team had a Skitty striker ready for that.

The rules were simple, 5 vs 5 and you also had to play. 

What was not simple was defeating the other trainer, my rival: Cabbage Sniffer. Don’t look at me, I didn’t give it that name, ask his parents.

Also don’t get fooled by his childish insult kind of name. He was the champion. The best. His team consisted of Snorlax has goalkeeper, him and Slowbro in defense, and the two must muscular legged Hitmonlees everyone ever saw on attack.

Has for myself, I had me and Taurus in attack and the best two Cofagrigus in the league in defense.

In the bench has substitutes I had a Zubat, which was a pain to register in the council, because they said it technically had no legs and couldn’t play soccer. They had to change the ruling to allow “All soccer is now for all beings, no matter how many legs” which was nice.

Then I had an Espurr, and I didn’t even register it has part of the team. She is not even mine. When I went to the council, it was already registered under my name and she was just waiting for me in the council. Weird. When I send her into the field she also doesn’t seem to know how to play. She just stares into the void and does nothing.

Anyway, the match starts, everyone is in position and knows what to do… or so I thought.

My goalkeeper Chansey protects her egg more than the ball from the net, my Cofagrigus doens't mummify Hitmonlees because they already think it’s a mummy and my Taurus can't beat Slowbro because there is another Slowbro on the bench and he just keeps switching when one of them gets tired. It's like they regenerate or something.

They are winning 9-2, and there is 4 minutes for the game to end. I shout “Espurr help us!” Has she stands from the bench. Everyone is looking at her, while she stares into nothing and goes to the middle of the field. This is the first time she does this. “What position do you play?” I ask. She looks at me. Stares at me, deeply into my eyes. 

From this point I don’t know exactly what happened. I was in the middle of the universe and somehow I was time and space combined? I don’t know, I felt complete, happy, has I fly through time and space. 

The last thing I remember is the referee saying the game was over. I look at the score and we won. 9-64. Everyone was in shock, but not me. I seen stuff, stuff more important than a soccer game.

I never saw Espurr after the game. Some say she ascended to the skies after the game, others say she now works at a call center helping people fix their computer.

Espurr, wherever you are… I will be there for you. 

Because we are Friends. 

And while we are done with summaries, let us say "thank you" to all of you who participated in this writing contest. We hope that future events will also bring you joy.
We couldn't sadly write summary for all the entries, but we are happy to see your talents once again.

As always, big thank you to my refs!

@MPDH@Revz @Sethsen @MrPeruano @Drakkmord @xJoseee

I will contact all winners on forum, just to confirm their IGN

• Bearminator changed the title to That was a charming Saturday, Seel [RESULTS ARE IN!] [Saturday 28th Aug- Saturday 25th Sep]
  • Bearminator locked this topic