Black Market/Auction Market

AwaXGoku

Question

i've discovered this in another game with the same kind of "limited item" than we have in pokemmo. 
Create a market where stuff from banned people are being put on auction.

-This take effect only if the banned player already made a ban appeal and this one being rejected and/or being banned for at least 1 month and not appealing the ban.
-In this case vanities and comp and shinies are being put on an auction market where people can just bid if they want to.
-Vanities and mon disapear if nobody put an offer on them at the end of the days.
-Only a limited amount of stuff can be on the black market at the same time and for a limited time only (24h or 7 days)

Edited by AwaXGoku
bad english

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Juaske said:

Imagínese si la gente empezara a intentar denunciar de forma masiva a los jugadores adinerados para que sean expulsados y sus cosas se subasten.

It's a double-edged sword it can be both good and bad

On 8/25/2021 at 10:15 PM, Juaske said:

Imagine if people started trying to mass report wealthy players so they get banned and their stuff gets auctioned

You can't just report someone cuz you can. must have any proof or something or mods will ignore it (also make the report process snarl-up, taking the REAL ones more time than needed, so don't even try)

Still think is a good idea, tons of vanities and mons would be wasted in a banned account, i mean, why not? certain vanities can't found cuz nobody wants to sell i.e: kyu hat (Someday will afford one ;-;) 

but should be controlled, things as vanities bought by a credit card refund/fake card should not be at auction. 

5 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

What if the staff just held auctions regularly where people offered up their rare vanities or pokes? ofc the staff would have to decide on the level of rarity of the stuff they would auction. 

Nah it will just kill the GTl and trade chat imo and also staff would be spammed by everyone about selling their vanities and mon.

The idea is really about banned player and not letting their vanities/mon disapear forever with their account and not to help people to sell their vanities because they want cash.

There are few issues that this suggestion has, to the point I - personally- wouldn't expect it to come.

First of all, there goes the problem with players reporting each other in hopes for old vanity/shiny going to auction. Sure we can check if the report is valid, but that will take time from players that really need to be reported or helped.

Even if we take it away, it will also hurt the market for cosmetics a bit. Why would you pay 200m for an item/shiny when there is always a chance of getting it for 1/4 of that price on an auction if you will be lucky? Should we have a limit on prices? How to calculate it?

This all sounds like too much hassle than profit to me tbh.