Jump to content

Will they ban me if I donate a friend some pokeyen?


Recommended Posts

Hi there, this may seem like a dumb question but really, will I get banned if I donated let's say around 2m-10m or maybe a limited cosmetic to my friend?

 

The root for my asking of this question is that I saw some people posting some things in other social media networks (e.g. Facebook, Discord, etc.) that they were banned for donating in game money (the common accusation be RMT) to their friends. This being so, I am on high alert of this because I am the kind of player who is willing to give this amount of money to a friend in need.

 

Will I be investigated? If so, what is the fine line for mods to base this on RMT or merely donating? I've known many players who have been accused of RMT because they donate in game money to their friends. One player claimed to have earned around 400m in game money, only to be banned for donating 2m to his friend. Again,I ask what is the fine line? Does this mean that giving free ingame money to a friend is now illegal?

Edited by Transendence
Link to comment

Hello,

 

I've seen people donate 10m to people without getting banned, as many players tend to quit the game and would rather it benefits other people than letting it rot away etc. Also people give away large amounts as prizes for unofficial tournaments.

 

I suppose it depends on the staff member, but unless it was blatant RMT, I can't see you getting banned - if you were unfairly banned and it was a pure donation and not RMT, I'm sure your appeal would be successful.

 

I'll let a staff member confirm in case any rules changed.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Imperial said:

Hello,

 

I've seen people donate 10m to people without getting banned, as many players tend to quit the game and would rather it benefits other people than letting it rot away etc. Also people give away large amounts as prizes for unofficial tournaments.

 

I suppose it depends on the staff member, but unless it was blatant RMT, I can't see you getting banned - if you were unfairly banned and it was a pure donation and not RMT, I'm sure your appeal would be successful.

 

I'll let a staff member confirm in case any rules changed.

Thanks for this insight. I guess I wouldn't be too worried as long as the staff member investigating my donation wouldn't see it as RMT. I do understand this though, because some people would be tempted to do RMT in the guise of donating to people. These cases seem tough to handle.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Transendence said:

Hi there, this may seem like a dumb question but really, will I get banned if I donated let's say around 2m-10m or maybe a limited cosmetic to my friend?

 

The root for my asking of this question is that I saw some people posting some things in other social media networks (e.g. Facebook, Discord, etc.) that they were banned for donating in game money (the common accusation be RMT) to their friends. This being so, I am on high alert of this because I am the kind of player who is willing to give this amount of money to a friend in need.

 

Will I be investigated? If so, what is the fine line for mods to base this on RMT or merely donating? I've known many players who have been accused of RMT because they donate in game money to their friends. One player claimed to have earned around 400m in game money, only to be banned for donating 2m to his friend. Again,I ask what is the fine line? Does this mean that giving free ingame money to a friend is now illegal?

Would be pretty ridiculous if that happened to anyone . getting banned for helping a friend kinda negates the whole point of MMO

Link to comment

For donations up to a value of 10M ish I wouldn't worry about getting banned for RMT. Given that you don't have 30 friends who you donate 10M to.

But if you are talking about 400M ... Better to inform an SGM about the trade and get their blessing.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, davidgozlan1555 said:

Would be pretty ridiculous if that happened to anyone . getting banned for helping a friend kinda negates the whole point of MMO

I Agree, MMO games are about Community and being able to help other people, that's the Joy of an MMO, Being able to help out a Friend Who does not Have very much is a great way to be able to help them getting into the game, I personally Do not See a Problem With it, and getting banned for It also seems like a stupid thing

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

For donations up to a value of 10M ish I wouldn't worry about getting banned for RMT. Given that you don't have 30 friends who you donate 10M to.

But if you are talking about 400M ... Better to inform an SGM about the trade and get their blessing.

Me and my friend both got banned few days ago cuz i gave him 2m via gtl trade 🙂 900h PokeMMO, 400m+ yen and we got banned cuz i bought their bad pokemon from gtl for 2m yen :))) 

This game meant a lot for me, its too bad staff doesn’t care about that

acc name: Kysx2

char name: VDancho

Also thanks Transendence for the post i do appreciate the help although i doubt someone of the staff even care to read that

Edited by VDancho
Link to comment
10 hours ago, VDancho said:

Me and my friend both got banned few days ago cuz i gave him 2m via gtl trade 🙂 900h PokeMMO, 400m+ yen and we got banned cuz i bought their bad pokemon from gtl for 2m yen :)))

You were banned because we found your post on a gold trading website. It wasn't very difficult to confirm that it was you.

 

To address the thread itself, giving gifts is allowed and it's extremely unlikely that doing so will result in a ban. When a player claims that they got banned for it, it's almost always someone like the person above. In the rare case that a mistake is made though, the ban appeal process is where we'll review the case and correct it.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.