[MOD] Mutemon

mute2.png.2aa2e943f85277acd9b9db76a2894668.png

Current Progress: Does Not Work for Mobile

So I will keep updating this as I go ?

Testing Muted cries for Android but stuck

I am Modding the Cries of Pokémon when I encounter them so I hate life less while shunting ?

The Devs gave me the tools to edit the Game so why not use em?

My Goal is to have a Mod that Mutes ALL Pokemon Cries when enabled=you can shunt without hearing the same mob sounds repeatedly.

While not effecting any of the particle sfx so the shiny sound still plays.

[Can be run on PC]

[However does not work for Android]

[If the Download Doesn't work just message me]

Download here

https://www.mediafire.com/file/waxj7ouuwp8cbe5/Mutemon.zip/file

^ Need help with what I did wrong to not function on Android?

Current results are my Mod is functioning on For PC Only.

Where I learned how to Make a cries Mod!

Spoiler

Example of a mod that can be downloaded on Android: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/100899-mod-generation-5-follower-sprites-v21-updated-for-2021/

A Mod that functions for PC however lacked parts for a functioning Android Download (Example given by chill discord dude): 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jn9crgkcxsentfr/vulpix_silencer.rar/file

Also this dude is awesome ?:

Spoiler

P.S.: TY @Poratne For pointing out some missing dex entries and Revz for actually beating me to fixing it and helping ❤️ to you both.

What worked for me:

Just use a web based program to actually make sure your (.zip) files are actually closed (.zip) files ?

Also I will add some key words in here just so people who want this can find it:

MOD SHINY ENCOUNTER HORDE MUTE CRY SHUT UP SILENT QUITE EDIT HELP FIX CHANGE SHUNT AUDIO 

Edited by MrMalz
  • MrMalz changed the title to [MOD] Making Mutemon
6 hours ago, MrMalz said:

Testing Muted cries:

Test Link for .Mod: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sc2qsnultch92fg/NeilsSilentPokemon_%281%29.Mod/file

Test Link for Base .zip: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4mgotequ8qbdhsi/neilssilentpokemon_%281%29.rar/file

Current results are my Mod is not considered Valid

I tried copying mods that are deemed "Trusted" Ex: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/100899-mod-generation-5-follower-sprites-v21-updated-for-2021/

Where I'm at I changed to .zip to .Mod however on Input:

Error Importing Mod. Please make sure it is a valid Pokemmo Mod and that it is compatible with the current client 

No clue how to Make my Mod Valid.

Hey man, I downloaded it and tried to troubleshoot.

Looks like your file extension is written as capitalized ".Mod" instead of normal ".mod"

Simply renaming the downloaded mod to ".mod" didn't fix it, since the file was already corrupt as soon as you named it ".Mod".

Recompressing it from scratch into a .zip and then renaming to .mod worked fine though, and i got muted cries to work.

Try that!

edit: i didn't test the zip version, but it should be .zip and not .rar

your only two working options are .mod and .zip in all lowercase

Edited by Eggplant
On 8/20/2021 at 11:47 AM, Eggplant said:

Looks like your file extension is written as capitalized ".Mod" instead of normal ".mod"

Simply renaming the downloaded mod to ".mod" didn't fix it, since the file was already corrupt as soon as you named it ".Mod".

Recompressing it from scratch into a .zip and then renaming to .mod worked fine though, and i got muted cries to work.

Try that!

Thank you for being chill and getting back to me so quick!

Edited by MrMalz
On 8/20/2021 at 11:47 AM, Eggplant said:

Try that!

Implemented all your suggestions and it Now Downloads!! Just need some help making the cries not play, TY.

Edited by MrMalz
  • MrMalz changed the title to [MOD] Finishing Mutemon
6 hours ago, MrMalz said:

Implemented all your suggestions and it Now Downloads!! Just need some help making the cries not play, TY.

well, for each cry you want to replace, you'll need an audio file that contains no actual sound.

for example, to make bulbasaur mute, you need 001.mp3 or 001.wav (whichever audio format you were using in the demo worked fine) in your "cries" folder.

...then, you copy paste that file like 600 times and rename it for every single index number, so you can mute every pokemon.

there is no more convenient way to automate it that i know of. i would actually copy paste and rename them all by hand.

3 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

well, for each cry you want to replace, you'll need an audio file that contains no actual sound.

for example, to make bulbasaur mute, you need 001.mp3 or 001.wav (whichever audio format you were using in the demo worked fine) in your "cries" folder.

...then, you copy paste that file like 600 times and rename it for every single index number, so you can mute every pokemon.

there is no more convenient way to automate it that i know of. i would actually copy paste and rename them all by hand.

Hey dude if you are using pc you can try it now ;D I am just now trying to make it work for Android! Also I did it all 647 times.

2 minutes ago, MrMalz said:

Hey dude if you are using pc you can try it now ;D I am just now trying to make it work for Android! Also I did it all 647 times.

Cool! i'll try now.

For android, all you need is 'store' compression method.

see this image from the tutorial:

wRqSpT2.png

2 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Cool! i'll try now.

For android, all you need is 'store' compression method.

see this image from the tutorial:

wRqSpT2.png

Ah I got it to be downloadable for android but the cries don't get replaced  ? I have no clue if I did something wrong tbh

2 minutes ago, MrMalz said:

Ah I got it to be downloadable for android but the cries don't get replaced  ? I have no clue if I did something wrong tbh

seems to be working on pc just fine, can confirm.

well, have you done 'store' compression method above?

if you have done that and cries in the game are still audible, well, i would try the 'common sense' troubleshooting methods first.

like make sure the mod is properly enabled, settings are saved, and that there aren't other mods enabled overwriting it (like for example 3DS cries mod)

56 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

if you have done that and cries in the game are still audible, well, i would try the 'common sense' troubleshooting methods first.

like make sure the mod is properly enabled, settings are saved, and that there aren't other mods enabled overwriting it (like for example 3DS cries mod)

Your suggestion sadly didn't work and the 3ds cries fail to effect android as well ?

I will try reaching out to some of the staff if nothing else works this may be an actual glitch with the modding system in the game ?

Edited by MrMalz
14 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Hey Dude does this mod work to remove the trainers mon cries because I have gotten reports of it not working?

51 minutes ago, MrMalz said:

Hey Dude does this mod work to remove the trainers mon cries because I have gotten reports of it not working?

yep, seems to be working fine.

my own pokemon, enemy trainer pokemon, pokedex entries. all muted.

if they hear nothing being muted, odds are, it wasn't installed properly.

if they hear some pokemon muted but not others, odds are, they have a second mod installed on a higher priority setting that is replacing some pokemon's cries.

(for example, i have pikachu anime cry mod installed, so all cries are muted except pikachu)

7 minutes ago, MrMalz said:

Do you have the follower sprite mod? If so Just curious if it so. I will ask em to put my mod as priority rn.

I do, but as he says, sprite mods wouldn't interfere with the sound at all.

there's only three possibilities here:

-the mod works as intended

-the mod does not work at all

-the mod works sometimes on some pokemon but not others

which is it for him exactly, just to confirm?

cause it makes no sense for cries to be working differently for trainer mons, the reason is something different.

26 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

I do, but as he says, sprite mods wouldn't interfere with the sound at all.

there's only three possibilities here:

-the mod works as intended

-the mod does not work at all

-the mod works sometimes on some pokemon but not others

which is it for him exactly, just to confirm?

cause it makes no sense for cries to be working differently for trainer mons, the reason is something different.

Works for all opponent mon however fails to mute his own mon cries.

• 1 month later...
  • MrMalz changed the title to [MOD] Mutemon
  • 3 months later...