I hate Patrat and Lilipup

5 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Lilipup is amazing pokemon, with his 3rd stage he gets 110 attack base stat and nice speed. Definitely used in my Unova run. 10/10 he a good boy

I'm warming up to him. I just got a Sandile now that I'm pretty excited about. 

There are only two pokemon in the first three towns in Unova? Ew. I don't remember that being a thing in the base game. What about that pidgeon-y thing? The devs added a whole bunch of Pokemon to the encounter lists for most areas in Kanto at least. But that was back when they appeared to give more of a shit than they do now.

1 hour ago, AnRae said:

There are only two pokemon in the first three towns in Unova? Ew. I don't remember that being a thing in the base game. What about that pidgeon-y thing? The devs added a whole bunch of Pokemon to the encounter lists for most areas in Kanto at least. But that was back when they appeared to give more of a shit than they do now.

Route 1 introduces Patrat and Lillipup.

Town 2 is positioned here.

Route 2 introduces Purrloin.

Town 3 is positioned here.

Dreamyard introduces Munna and the gift monkey.

Route 3 introduces Blitzle and Pidove. This requires badge 1.

Wellspring Cave introduces Roggenrola and Woobat.

Town 4 is positioned here.

The rates are different depending on the time of day, but we haven't removed any species from these routes.

The additions to Kanto were based on other canon iterations of the region, we prefer to refrain from adding anything completely custom unless a species has no other location (such as starters in most regions).

Edited by Rache

Black & White limited the amount of pokemon you could find before the first gym almost certainly to encourage the use of an elemental monkey and reinforce (for I think the 3rd or 4th time since the beginning of the game) that grass < fire < water < grass. That being said, Stoutland and Musharna are legitimately decent pokemon.