Thief doesn't work even though i'm not holding an item and not killing the pokemon?

30 minutes ago, acaiko said:

My thief is just not working even though i dont have any items and the pokemon isnt dying

first of all the encountered pokemon needs to hold and item not everyone does it

you will get a notifcation in battle chat, when your first pokemon in your bag got the ability **Frisk**  or switch it into the fight Like shuppet, Bannette, stantler etc got that.

in hordes it only gives you the information that the encountered pokemon is holding an item but you have to attack each pokemon with thief to see who´s holding it

with the newest update you´re allowed to kill the pokemon and recieve the item anyway (if its holding one)

Edited by Darkoure
  • 9 months later...

I've encountered the same problem with thief today. My Yamask (named Amber) had no item equiped while i attacked a NPC's pokemon. I then saw it was holding the Wise Glasses, but when i killed it and the battle ended, Amber wasn't holding the item nor was it in my bag... Is there another condition for thief to be successful other than not holding an item ?? 

screenshot_1654861632 - Copie.png

Edit : i think i figured it out after some tests, I can't steal a NPC's pokemon item and keep them after a battle, i can only steal and keep items of wild pokemons... 

Edited by Patotaes
figured out why it was'nt working
43 minutes ago, Patotaes said:

I've encountered the same problem with thief today. My Yamask (named Amber) had no item equiped while i attacked a NPC's pokemon. I then saw it was holding the Wise Glasses, but when i killed it and the battle ended, Amber wasn't holding the item nor was it in my bag... Is there another condition for thief to be successful other than not holding an item ?? 

screenshot_1654861632 - Copie.png

Edit : i think i figured it out after some tests, I can't steal a NPC's pokemon item and keep them after a battle, i can only steal and keep items of wild pokemons... 

Yeah that's right, you can't steel from Trainers. Would be insane to get really good pvp items in some cases from some Rebattles ?