Jump to content
  • 79

Comp. play needs a shake up - Give us Hidden Abilities


OrangeManiac

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Past:

"We'll add dungeons and Sinnoh later, we're currently working on them, We'll change the PvP Style for players sake and it'll make all tiers alive with exclusive prizes. Hidden Ability will come later." (They released Sinnoh which made many new pokemons accessible, they changed the complete PvP style which made NU,UU popular and Doubles is now also a thing.)

Now:

"We'll release this golden poop with a time limited sticker." (They do add seasonal, time limited vanity in TIME with events or without sometimes.)

Bonus: LC is now removed.

YES PvP PLAYERS NEED HAs. I UPVOTE.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/18/2021 at 11:59 PM, Rakhmaninov said:

Completely agree with you @OrangeManiac 

I hope this suggestion gets the attention of the devs :))

Well I'm sure it has got the attention by now :)) 

 

Spoiler

But any kind of a reply, on the other hand...

Spoiler

I'm kinda starting to lose hope

Spoiler

Another 'popular' post and still not even a word, nothing

Spoiler

only official involvement is the constant removal of posts

Spoiler

help

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0

Remember when we all said that shiny rewards are useless in 4x25 2x31, they said they cant made them 6x31 because it can ruin the economy and nobody will pay again high value shiny. (lol)

 

Now they added rewards in pvp, where we can have free 4 times 4x25 2x31 comp every 2 weeks for everyone who play a little, which actually really influe the economy by offering like 1000 no-perfects comps each weeks, and made breeders less used compare to before (120.000 daily gtl entry vs now 230.000, but I assume there is more and more players than before).

 

I really wants to know whats the argument now for not make shiny rewards 6x31.

Edited by Jaawax
Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, Paul said:

I think it's obvious most of us still play because our friends are here, not because we actually like the game. Sadly I can't get my entire team to start playing runescape with me 

I don't yet have such attachments (lucky me?) I could go. My situation is that I'm new enough and early enough in the campaign(s) that I still *like* the game. Compared to all the other attempts at a Pokemon MMO, it's the most solid owing to its clever use of ROMs as its base. But I see the cracks. A lot of what makes them great is BECAUSE they are ROMs of games that I know and love, yet they're incomplete. It fails a little as an MMO, really, and is more of an emulator with a chat window most of the time. And a player to player economy, I guess--something I always regard as a necessary evil instead of a main draw to any game that has it. Other games like this now have more features (including hidden abilities), but lack the polish and presentation that PokeMMO has achieved by basically lifting it wholesale from the base games. The things that make this game good (that it perfectly reproduces the original games, but adds some MMO features) aren't really a priority for the devs it seems? They wanna focus on cosmetics and tweaking an already stale metagame into something static and difficult to enjoy (lack of HAs and Legendaries just means they gotta keep nerfing Garchomp and Hydregion to death because--oops--they're just as good and nothing counters them without those features). I really want to just love this game, but it's hard not to notice the wall paper peeling off in the corner. The devs seem to neither want to lean into its strength as an enhanced MMO-lite edition of the original games, nor add anything to make it stand out from being mostly an emulator. The only talk of new features I see is form posts made YEARS before I joined. The game just feels like it's in limbo.

Edit: Other Pokemon MMOs may feel really rough and unfinished (and lacking move animations for the most part), but they at least feel like the devs are hungry for growth, and their games owe their incompleteness to being made essentially from scratch despite having more features of the base games' metagame than Pokemmo does right now, and for better or worse, are designed like actual MMOs. They feel poised to grow whereas Pokemmo does not.

Edited by AnRae
adding another point without double posting.
Link to comment
  • 0
23 minutes ago, AnRae said:

My situation is that I'm new enough and early enough in the campaign(s) that I still *like* the game.

oh I don't disagree with this. This game was fantastic when I first joined and I had a lot of fun during my first year or so. Just that after enough time played, you get to a point where the game is repetitive and the gameplay is never engaging. It's the same repetitive task(s) every single day for money/shiny hunting, or a dead-end PvP scene that offers very little in terms of rewards compared to the PvE counterpart. 

 

I also agree that it's the best game in this genre, nobody else has been able to replicate the well-balanced mechanics, GTL system, shiny rarity, smooth performance, etc. Even the games that do have hidden abilities and gen 6+ pokemon, don't have a breeding system or any diversity in their metagames, it's only OU. 

(rare positive post?)

 

34 minutes ago, AnRae said:

The devs seem to neither want to lean into its strength as an enhanced MMO-lite edition of the original games, nor add anything to make it stand out

Well said. I believe they're pretty content with where the game is, and don't want to risk changing it too much. The playerbase & profit has only grown over the years, so there's really no reason to commit to any large updates or new features. They have a good product that has the potential to be great, but they seem fine with it just being good. 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, Jaawax said:

Remember when we all said that shiny rewards are useless in 4x25 2x31, they said they cant made them 6x31 because it can ruin the economy and nobody will pay again high value shiny. (lol)

 

Now they added rewards in pvp, where we can have free 4 times 4x25 2x31 comp every 2 weeks for everyone who play a little, which actually really influe the economy by offering like 1000 no-perfects comps each weeks, and made breeders less used compare to before (120.000 daily gtl entry vs now 230.000, but I assume there is more and more players than before).

 

I really wants to know whats the argument now for not make shiny rewards 6x31.

Let's not forget that, in an attempt to give us more rare shiny prizes, a significant proportion of the rare shiny market was destroyed with the introduction of the new hordes. Murkrow, Ralts, Gligar, Sneasel, Houndour and other rares are now effectively worthless because they're easily farmable with sweet scent.

 

Not only do we rarely ever see these as prizes because of their prize cooldown system (despite them now being classified as common), the argument against buffing shiny prize IVs to preserve the shiny economy no longer holds water. The rare shiny market is now over-saturated because of a new system that was introduced to avoid exactly this problem.

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Let's not forget that, in an attempt to give us more rare shiny prizes, a significant proportion of the rare shiny market was destroyed with the introduction of the new hordes. Murkrow, Ralts, Gligar, Sneasel, Houndour and other rares are now effectively worthless because they're easily farmable with sweet scent.

 

Not only do we rarely ever see these as prizes because of their prize cooldown system (despite them now being classified as common), the argument against buffing shiny prize IVs to preserve the shiny economy no longer holds water. The rare shiny market is now over-saturated because of a new system that was introduced to avoid exactly this problem.

This bolded statement deserves way more likes than it currently does.

 

Murkrow, Gligar, Sneasel and Houndour were easily a solid 60 - 80m back in 2015, and now they range between 2 - 5m.

 

If the devs hadn't introduced these as hordes, but instead continued summerball, winterball etc tournaments, it wouldn't have actually made a difference to the 'shiny market' they assume will be destroyed, purely on the fact that potentially 4 would be rewarded each year compared to the number which are currently active on the market.

 

Also we are seeing more and more non-shiny prizes in tournaments which aren't Community Combats which decreases the motivation of many players further (except for OU which is a 128 player tour anyway).

 

I think sorting out the tournament prizes should be the first priority, but agree with everything else which has been said on this thread.

Link to comment
  • 0

Notice we are not removing opinions about the actual suggestion or anything contributing. 

 

Bumping doesnt give any benefit- vote score is here anyway to make the thread visible, and spam just really makes the threads less clear to check which post contributed anything and which was not. 

 

As such, we will continue to moderate in this way. If we woudlnt want you guys to give opinions, we would have close it already. 

Link to comment
  • 0
29 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Notice we are not removing opinions about the actual suggestion or anything contributing. 

 

Bumping doesnt give any benefit- vote score is here anyway to make the thread visible, and spam just really makes the threads less clear to check which post contributed anything and which was not. 

 

As such, we will continue to moderate in this way. If we woudlnt want you guys to give opinions, we would have close it already. 

It's been almost one month that none of the devs came here to give their opinions on a popular post, instead of doing that they'd rather write some useless posts or argue with some dumb threads no one cares about. I really hope the whole devs team is preparing some big ass essays to post here and tell us what's up soon or we'll be disappointed once again, classic pokemmo huh?

Edited by Aerun
Link to comment
  • 0

Not too sure why my post was deleted? It was very polite and had good points in it.. But whatever, I'll repost it as it surely must've been a mistake 🤨

 

What are the state of HA and dungeons now? Since for some reason randbattles got priority over them..

 

 Will dungeons and HA be put on hold because of random battles? I saw Rache talking about there being updates coming to Rand battles. Will this happen instead of HA and Dungeons?

Link to comment
  • 0
34 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

 Will dungeons and HA be put on hold because of random battles? I saw Rache talking about there being updates coming to Rand battles. Will this happen instead of HA and Dungeons?

 

On 8/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, LeJovi said:

I have a solution, stop playing this game. And if you do play, just realize that you will most likely end up playing the ladder for rewards that literally don't matter, either that or shiny hunting? Idk. 

 

 Devs obviously don't care, why should we? There are plenty of games out there. 

 

Preach. I think a lot of us are chasing the dragon where we're trying recreate or experience the same high that we all once felt when we played the game, but those days are long gone and are extremely hard to recreate with the direction in which this game is heading. They've been working on HA since 2015 or so, and while the recent update was good in terms of adding random battles, do remember that they chose to add random battles before making HAs and legendaries available to us.  HAs and legendaries are available (or were available incase they no longer are now) to trainers in Battle Tower, yet they don't want to give it to us because they don't want to make it easy. Also, do note that they could provide us HAs in a way that would require you to perform extra steps, then breed new comps from scratch (perhaps you can't use old comps as breeders), rather than fixing it with a simple ability pill. 

 

I wouldn't hold my breath to find out what the unviable method of obtaining HAs or legendaries would be (if any). 

Edited by NikhilR
Link to comment
  • 0

I wish they'd just add HAs to normal encounters/hordes already. Throw HA capsules into the dungeons instead. Or Nature Mints, Bottlecaps, increased Shiny odds, ect. There's plenty of other things they could use as incentive instead of locking a significant portion of better abilities for years. I just want my drought Ninetales 😕

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 10/13/2021 at 11:45 AM, RemixV4 said:

I wish they'd just add HAs to normal encounters/hordes already. Throw HA capsules into the dungeons instead. Or Nature Mints, Bottlecaps, increased Shiny odds, ect. There's plenty of other things they could use as incentive instead of locking a significant portion of better abilities for years. I just want my drought Ninetales 😕

 

Agreed. The lack of hidden abilities makes some pokes either worse than they already are, not playable, or gives to much power to some. If they do legendary pokemon in them like we were told and add some exclusive clothing items like pvp has it will be played content with or without hidden abilities. Would be nice for Blaziken not to be the only fighting type I see in NU.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.