Comp. play needs a shake up - Give us Hidden Abilities

OrangeManiac

Question

I remember a few years ago they said they had completed the first map for dungeons, and would begin working on the 2nd 'soon'

Don't think I've heard anything about it since then, where they worked on other things such as Sinnoh instead. The most recent thing they've said in regards to updates is that they had gameplay improvements for PvP, and they would decide how ambitious they wanted to get for anything beyond that. (This was in May)  Dungeons clearly lost it's priority at some point in their plans, and holding something as valuable as hidden abilities hostage is not the play. There are still other things they can include to a dungeon feature if they still like the idea, but again, holding a key feature from us for years behind something you're not actively working on is pretty rough. 

Of course this completely changes if they *are* actively working on them again, as I like the idea of dungeons, but we haven't heard anything about it in quite some time. 

Kyu has posted a status update a few months ago in a different thread, I don't think we are getting anything significant anytime soon for now—aside from some PvP update mentioned and maybe the usual copy-paste seasonal events.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:22 PM, razimove said:

Hidden Abilities are the Half Life 3 of pokemmo, they say they are working on them, but it's all but a meme

There is no half life 3

There is no hidden abilities on pokemmo.

There is happiness on Halflife 1 and 2 and the same on pokemmo.

But if you guys are complain about hidden abilities me too I will support it

Bump,

I think its at least reasonable that staff comment on how the development of HA's and dungeons are going since its literally been years without a word. PokeMMO has many loyal long-time players and I think they owe it to them to at least say anything. A lot of people in this post have made amazing points. It would really suck for this just to be swept under the rug for nothing like many before it. 

Couple a lack of ambition with the complacency offered by the ridiculous income from a horde of chinese players who won't ever complain and this is what you get.
In the past, they've had to scramble to get something significant out whenever the game started to die, which with each iteration made the game slightly less mind numbingly boring. Now they just don't have to.

They don't have to expand the team to get more shit done as has been suggested for years, why would they when the current model works somehow?

You can call bullshit, you can say you're working on something else, you can say you've had to run maintenance on a bunch of shit we're not aware of. The point is, clearly, even the vocal and invested part of your community isn't aware of anything because you fail time and time again to communicate.

1 hour ago, Draekyn said:

Couple a lack of ambition with the complacency offered by the ridiculous income from a horde of chinese players who won't ever complain and this is what you get.
In the past, they've had to scramble to get something significant out whenever the game started to die, which with each iteration made the game slightly less mind numbingly boring. Now they just don't have to.

They don't have to expand the team to get more shit done as has been suggested for years, why would they when the current model works somehow?

You can call bullshit, you can say you're working on something else, you can say you've had to run maintenance on a bunch of shit we're not aware of. The point is, clearly, even the vocal and invested part of your community isn't aware of anything because you fail time and time again to communicate.

These are pretty much my thoughts. I started this game not too long ago. Played it for hours and hours, just collecting Pokemon and marveling at how fun it was to play Kanto League with modern(er) graphics and other people. I have only four badges, but so many hours of playtime. 

And when I started, this game seemed SOOOO ambitious. But now I realize that all that ambition apparently dried up years ago and I am playing a zombie shell of what this game was. Without anything to look forward to, there's no life in it. Even though there's a lot of content that could keep me content for long while. games still thrive on that ever-advancing goalpost that defines good software development. Plus, it's hard to feel like investing in a game that might not be here tomorrow, which is what I fear when I don't see anything new coming down the pike. That fear might be overblown, given that they are likely raking in money from Chinese players as you said, but it's the impression I am given when I see a game stagnate for so long.

Maybe they won't miss their more demanding players, but I just find it hard to get excited to continue a game that feels so stagnant. MMOs should feel alive and ever-growing. That's part of the appeal.

I think what is frustrating is that every event, the devs have a proof of concept that totally show that they can make events/dungeon-ey sort of experiences that differ from base Pokemon gameplay. I don't know if it changed this year, but the Lunar New Year event that was released in 2020 was honestly some of the most fun I've had playing MMO. The dev team clearly has proven that they know how how to do this stuff, and have it be incredibly fun. I have no clue if they just aren't confident in their ability to be making dungeons or what, and they keep second guessing themselves and delaying them.

How about the developers create a trello board with every entry on what they are working on (Dungeons, Johto, New events etc.) and allow registered users to upvote what they think it's more relevant and the developers make a priority work on that.

In this same way, create a trello for future ideas entries so players can upvote the new things will happen.

Let us know also the cold works (which are currently stopped worling, but will resume soon)

45 minutes ago, Aerun said:

If staff put in as much effort for communicating with us and updating the game as they put effort in abusing power we would be chilling in Galar right now

Wowee this is not a good look,

Quite annoying how staff spend time deleting messages rather than helping to address the problem.

Obviously it is unlikely that moderators have any say/knowledge but you get my point.  

Edited by Etozuri
3 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

why remove posts ?

2 hours ago, Paul said:

bumping this very relevant thread is enough to have your post removed, I'll mark that down as the 97th thing not against the rules that staff are moderating now 

Posts that do not contribute to suggestions have always been against the suggestions box rules, this includes +1/-1 posts and post that only contain the word "bump", if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, then spend some time thinking of something to contribute before you submit a post.

2 hours ago, Etozuri said:

Wowee this is not a good look,

Quite annoying how staff spend time deleting messages rather than helping to address the problem.

Obviously it is unlikely that moderators have any say/knowledge but you get my point.  

You are correct, outside of the dev team pretty much nobody has any knowledge of where things stand, so you can't them to comment on a topic they know nothing about instead of moderating.

Even something like "We too lazy to update shit, so don't wait for anything anytime soon, you all whiny b@tches go make your own game" would be enough.

I mean I would be kind of pissed but pleased at the sime that you had the balls to say whatsup and don't have us waiting for nothing.

Edited by SoulRex