Kolt Of Personality Casual Enforced Tournament (August 1st 10am PST)

We recently hit 75 follows on stream, so as promised I am hosting a casual PvP tournament!

Rules:

1. NU only (untiered acceptable as well)  2. Team must be caught between now and the start of stream  3. No breeding, buying, trading, etc. must be wild catches  4. No deliberate EV training, no more than 125 in one stat and must have at least some points in every stat (I recommend picking a handful of different hordes as well as doing some trainer battling)  5. No hold items  6. No repeatng types on team (cant have both a skarmory and a scizor)  7. No stall teams (match limit will be 30 mins so keep that in mind)

The reason for these hyper specific rules is that I want casual players to feel comfortable entering and don't want PvPers to have a massive advantage over them.

A total of 16 participants may enter, with a total of 12 matches, 8 from main bracket and 4 from losers bracket. If you want to join the tournament be aware that Nakkura and myself will be spectating every match with match limits set to 30 minutes, so be prepared to stick around for as long 5 hours or more.

Prizes:

1st Place:

Full ocarina set

2nd Place:

Comp Roserade + 1mil

3rd Place:

Ox Horns + 750k + 2 leppa stacks

4th Place:

x2 Amulet coins + 250k + 4 leppa stacks

If you wish to join just reply to this topic saying you want to join and I'll add you to the list, we currently need 11-12 more participants. The tournament will take place in Pallet Town.

Edited by KoltorTheGreat

Hi, i would like to participate, my nickname is YJos. I only have some queries, is the use of mts allowed, the format will be 6vs6, and i can evolve the pokemon and use objects to eliminate the evs acquired in the process?

Edited by YJos
17 minutes ago, YJos said:

Hi, i would like to participate, my nickname is YJos. I only have some queries, is the use of mts allowed, the format will be 6vs6, and i can evolve the pokemon and use objects to eliminate the evs acquired in the process?

Yes if you can afford the TMs or even move tutor, then you can use it. If by 6v6 you mean a full team of six then yes. As far EVs go, as long as their spread out you're good, just don't want mons with 252 into 2 stats basically.

42 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Cool prize and nice intentions, but I don't feel the hype with these rules sadly.

Good luck to everyone entering!

No worries, I figured the rules would turn some away.

4 minutes ago, KoltorTheGreat said:

Yes if you can afford the TMs or even move tutor, then you can use it. If by 6v6 you mean a full team of six then yes. As far EVs go, as long as their spread out you're good, just don't want mons with 252 into 2 stats basically.

No worries, I figured the rules would turn some away.

So they must be distributed in the 6 statistics or is it enough that they are in 3 or 4? Sorry for the excess of questions xd

I'd like to participate aswell. Yjos asked something you didn't answer, can we evolve the pokemon caught ? 

The EV training rule confuses me ! What happens if we need to level up to learn a move, do we have to changes hordes just as not to get 252 EVs in one stat ?

Thanks for this Kolt, it looks like fun! 

I'd be up for it for sure. I think it might be better to change the rules slightly to say max of say 100-150 EVs in one stat or something so one person doesn't push the boundaries too much and have an unfair advantage. 

But yeah sign me up!

2 hours ago, Poufilou said:

I'd like to participate aswell. Yjos asked something you didn't answer, can we evolve the pokemon caught ? 

The EV training rule confuses me ! What happens if we need to level up to learn a move, do we have to changes hordes just as not to get 252 EVs in one stat ?

Time for us to pray for good swarm mon ?

2 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Of course you can evolve, it's not a little cup after all. Exactly, I recommend having a handful of different hordes as well as doing some trainer battling.

1 hour ago, atlewis said:

Thanks for this Kolt, it looks like fun! 

I'd be up for it for sure. I think it might be better to change the rules slightly to say max of say 100-150 EVs in one stat or something so one person doesn't push the boundaries too much and have an unfair advantage. 

But yeah sign me up!

I edited it slightly, thanks for the suggestion. Also good luck with your catches!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.