sunny forms dont register in pokedex

4 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Pretty sure i remember hotfix that if you trade that pokemon to another player and trade it back, it should register to your dex. I recall it worked with rotoms when i had problem.

The issue is known to the bug team 

hello, thanks for answering. i trade "sunny cherrim" and the other player didnt get the register in the pokedex either. then he trade to me back and it return as "normal cherrim", so that hotfix don't work in this case (with rotom and burmy does work)

i try trade castform but i cound't because is a gift. is there a especific area in the hoenn safari zone to cath it or is available everywhere on it?

• 1 year later...

Any news on this bugfix?

The "Trading Trick" only works for Rotom

It doesn't work for Castform cause its form gets reset when it's traded.

Zen Mode Darmanitian has the same issue, and Sunny Cherrim as well

Edited by Megalex
On 11/10/2022 at 9:54 AM, Xratello said:

Trade em' with a friend back and forth and they will Register...i had the Same Problem with the rotom form's

Like I said this does NOT work for Castform or Zen Mode Darmanitian

I repeat: The trading trick does NOT work for Castform or Zen Mode Darmanitian

The trading trick only works for rotom. not castform or darmanatian. I've tested it several times

@Bearminator @xJoseee, the trading trick does not work for Castform or Zen Mode Darmanitian, because their form resets on trade (as opposed to Rotom who does not reset on trade)

Edited by Megalex

So it seems that Darmanitian is the only one that can be registered. If you take a ragecandybar to the desert and wake up the statues, half HP them, and catch them, then it gets registered zen mode.

However, castform and cherubi are NOT possible to register. 

Changing forms and trading them reset their form and does not count.

The only way to make this doable, would be to catch a castform or cherrim in weather, but this is NOT possible 

Castform is only in the safari zone. So unless the devs add a 50% chance in safari zone castform encounters to have sun, rain, or hail, it will never be possible.

And cherrim is not able to be encountered, so we will never get cherrim flower form or castform registered.

I'm a completionist and this bugs me very very badly. 

The only solutions would be to 

A) add chance of weather vs castform in safari zone and make cherrim an encounter we can change status on 

Or... The VERY easy fix B) add both cherrim (2nd form) and castform as fairly common swarms.