[Other] Team-building Competition! [ENIX] Edition

221487214_calcingpokemon.thumb.jpg.aeb1e87e3992d55864b531bdc9a35d51.jpg

Teambuilding Competition [ENIX] Edition

What is the Teambuilding Competition?
The Teambuilding Competition is a competition where people who want to compete are given a Pokémon to build a team around. Once the deadline for team submissions has finished, a vote will be held for the best team!

How to Participate

To compete, reply with a PokePaste of your team, as well as an explanation of your teambuilding logic along with the selected Pokémon choice of the tier, Please also include your IGN + your tier choice (one of each tier you play is allowed) Use Showdown Teambuilding to build your teams!

Voting

A panel of judges will select the best team after the submission deadline has passed, judging each tier!

Judges:

Rules

• The submitted team must be viable for the current PokeMMO meta. PMMO PvP Differences
  • Don't copy other players' teams!
  • Be creative! 
  • You can post one team each tier, long as you have experience in that tier.
  • Only Phoenix members can give a entry, friends are welcome to hype the entries up!
  • Judges are allowed to post their own, but won't count towards the entries. (please post here)

Prizes

Competitive ready Pokémon of the selected tier (multiple entries gives you a choice) + any egg moves needed! (3-4x31)

Deadline: 31st July.

Pokemon of each tier to build around in this order (OU-UU-NU-DOUBS-LC)

OU - 461-m.pngUU - 073.png   NU - 479-f.png Doubles - 579.png Little Cup - 564.png

Edited by Kupokun

IGN: Kiralexis

Tier: OU

PokePaste of Team: https://pokepast.es/eaf989dcadd2cea7

Weavile up first since they're the required crux of the team. I tried to capitalize on their high speed and attack stats, giving them a Jolly Nature and a Focus Sash to try and make sure she kills whoever she was sent to kill. If she's faster, I can safely Swords Dance most of the time due to the Focus Sash, and worst case scenario I've got the Ice Shard Priority move to help out. Ice Punch and Night Slash are there for coverage and a stronger Ice Stab when I am faster.

Sigilyph is here as our big counter to Weavile's biggest weakness, Fighting pokemon. As a psychic/flying, Sigilyph has double resistance to Weavile's biggest weakness, and with their high speed and timid nature I should be able to switch in on a fighting pokemon and mess them up, or whoever they send out back. If Stealth Rocks is already up, I can also Whirlwind with Sigilyph for some stalling annoyance.

Gastrodon is a beast, and is my answer to both Electric and Water type moves with their ability and typing. Scald and Ice Beam serve as the only primary damage moves, with Recover and Toxic rounding it out. A calm nature and Special Defense EVs let Gastrodon be a small special wall, too, and we all know how Kupo loves stalls.

Forretress is a great set up pokemon in my opinion, and with Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock he's here to annoy everyone on the enemy team. Rapid Spin will clear out my side if necessary, with Gyro Ball being his only damaging move. Leftovers feel like a given, and he's a good physical wall as well, which is a weakness I otherwise had fairly strongly.

Rotom(Heat) is here for coverage and to be another special cannon, with three of his moves offering big damage to the enemy and Volt Switch for a good old-fashioned switcheroo. I know I can change Hidden Power in PokeMMO to be whatever I want, but Showdown doesn't agree >.> so his IVs are a little sporadic, but he's the only one.

Blissey finalizes the team as the best special wall in the game, with what I believe to be a very standard kit for her, including a secondary stealth rock since I have a semi weakness to Fire and Volcarona.

I hope I did everything right. ?

Drakkmord

OU 

Pokepaste

Weavile, Mowtom, Jelliscent Core. Expert Belt on Weavile for trick people into thinking it has choice band set. Great move coverage adds to that illusion. Punishment on Weavile to shut down pokémon that are stacking buffs. Water Spout on Jelliscent because already have Will o Wisp covering Scald and more damage.

Soft-boiled Chansey for stall. Psywave for gengars, conkeldurrs, brelooms, and volcaronas.

Mixed chomp with EVs to one shot all dragons except tanks and flamethrower over fireblast because RNG sucks. Stealth rocks for obvious reasons

Tanky Volc for lategame sweep. Safeguard to stop toxic abusers

Personal thoughts: Volc will have to snowball to really be successful. I'd prefer to have more fighting types on this team and more pokemon that can use toxic effectively. Would prefer to use a spinner as well. Also thinking about switching out volcarona for a specialized gengar

IGN: Kupokun
Tier: OU - Weavile
Pokepaste: Pokepaste

Weavile:
The star of the show, Bit different from the typical set. Leading with it brings in whatever physical wall they have for the team to toxic it. furthermore i can use the expected will-o-wisp on Weavile to switch into milotic granting marvel scale + mirror coat + lefties, scary wall. while pursuit trapping + Swords dance for mid-late game. Lum berry is a last resort to allow swords dance on low hp cofag and other mons to set up on like Bliss if they have no flamethrower which i'll have to scout for. icicle spear vs Icicle crash was the other thing i debated, don't want to take a important hit with %90 accuracy so i think Swords dance + icicle spear is a safer option.  Hydreigon and other scarfed/prio mons like conk i'll need to switch out into hippo/reuni depending on what it is. 

+2 252+ Atk Weavile Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 237-282 (71.6 - 85.1%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Weavile Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 126-148 (38 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Breloom:
I despise this set with a passion but for this team i think it's worthwhile, sub + Bulk up with special def investment, Poison recovery + drain punch makes it quite fearsome, while having seed bomb to deal with jellicents or hippo to chip down or set up on if they have no roar, while at full hp i can handle a hydrei scarfed/life orb with flamethrower. enough to do a drain punch/sub dependant on damage from nature/set.
252+ SpA Hydreigon Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Breloom: 242-286 (74.6 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Hydreigon Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Breloom: 222-262 (68.5 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Hippowdon:
20 speed evs to stop the speedcreeping from conks, Automatically loses to Bulk up sets but otherwise it's a solid check, primary lead/hazard setter while giving toxic to mons like physical chomps, or any other mons that i can essentially wall enough with the sp.def investment, pretty sure this is about %50 to HKO with timid scarfed rotom-wash, While biss can't touch me unless toxic + wish/soft, can risk a scald from milo first turn to give it toxic depending on Matchup, Earthquake to deal primary STAB to other mons without levitate and Toxic for switches to things like mandibuzz, Giving Rocky helm chipping to anything else that's priority for weavile + sand to give additional chip, having slack off to recover inbetween switches.

Milotic:
My primary Sp.def wall with access to mirror coat to deal damage from volt switch lures from rotoms, keeping in mind this won't affect Hydrei/Weavile or other Dark types. even without burn they only doing %34-41 with modest nature which is quite nice to pair with a weavile that's bound to be willo'd by something at some point, giving it a absolute bulk with sp.def + sand is neutral with lefties. also haze to stop reuni set ups or other mons like gengar or volcarona, Scald for STAB + burn chance makes it a primary sp.def with some threats to physical under sand to pair with hippo + self recovery.

252 SpA Rotom-Wash Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 122-146 (30.9 - 37%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Rotom-Mow Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 228-270 (57.8 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Rotom-Wash:
Primary hazard control + Speed control, can use trick for mons with set up like chansey/reuni/Conk bulk up (for extreme), Volt switch Pivot & STAB + EQ immunity, Pretty standard set, Debated giving it Pain split but i don't see that being viable over the other moves in this team + Timid nature meaning it's coming in to only do one essential thing + another lead choice depending on Matchup.

Reuniclus:
Secondary Rocky helm chipper, went with full def to give minimal damage from scizor sets, Acid armor + Calm mind with Stored power is fearsome, Have to be careful with Hydrei sets but safe with recovery vs U-turn/Pursuit Scizor. This pairs well with the Hippo/Milo core allowing me to set up with either Calm mind or Acid armor depending how the opponents behaviour + matchup, of course with Self recovery.

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 326-386 (76.8 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 188-222 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO 

can recover on both or if it's be scouted as a swords dance set i'll need to get AA up as much as i can, while predicting recovery to keep the momentum going, if they switch they will bring in Hydrei or another special revenge killer/late game sweeper.

Other notes:
This team is mostly immune to sand asides one or two, Toxic spikes + rocks hurt this team once hazard control is gone but asides that i'm fishing will-o for Milotic and free set up with Weavile, Very fun semi-stall and i don't recommend this to anyone that is trying out for the first time. Dies to bulk up conk, struggles with non standard rain teams & Hydrei sub + np sets. 

IGN: SerpentLord

Tier:  OU

Pokepaste (HO Voltturn)

Weavile:

As it is our star mon, i'll start with this guy. Focus Sash SD lategame can definitely be a threat, as it allows me to go for Icicle Crashes on weakened scizors and conkeldurrs while i'm setup, which opens up additional sweeping opprotunities. Pursuit allows abuse of my Volt-turn core, as I can bring it in using my slower pivots to revenge kill and trap a suprising amount of mons in the tier, giving support to my Magnezone lategame if it is the better lategame cleaner, matchup dependant.

Infernape:

A simple, but effective, suicide lead- Rocks, taunt, sash, and a way to punch holes. Really all you can ask for. Didn't have any important damage benchmarks I would like it to hit, so split evenly.

Scizor:

Standard band scizor set- all the good things you want. Bullet Punch to help revenge kill (Functioning as my Priority for the team), U-Turn to chip physdef mons for my Weavile, and Superpower to nuke things when required. As I have Weavile as my designated Pursuit user, I instead am running Aerial Ace- helping a bit with the consistent weakness HO teams generally have to Conkeldurr, providing good chip vs. it

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 178-210 (83.9 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

Magnezone:

Another classic of the Voltturn core, Magnezone functions as my primary scarfer for the team as well as one of my two Volt Switch abusers. Traps teams in classic voltturn along with band scizor, as well as threatening quite a few common Rocky Helmet users that Scizor does not appreciate (Skarmory, Mandibuzz, and Ferrothorn to name a few). Finally, it does also help out Weavile. A single SD from weavile will pressure the likes of Scizor to come out and Bullet Punch, allowing easy trappings of Scizors for your Magne to burn to a crisp.

Rotom-Wash:

It doesn't have my classic EV spread, as I would like to keep that private. But safe to say it does it's job- it takes hits, it gets defogs off, and Trick utility is amazing vs. mons like Volcarona which with setup may threaten my team, and provides a way to beat some stall mons that I may not have properly covered with the rest of my team. It also functions as a semi-slow Volt Switch abuser for my team once it Tricks, and provides Water coverage that I am otherwise lacking. It's also functioning as my Ground immunity for this team.

Garchomp:

A classic and well-known wallbreaker in our meta, it's here for that exact purpose- to wallbreak and open up opprotunities for Weavile to clean lategame, as well as help Scizor and Magnezone chip down walls. It's also functioning as my Electric immunity for this team. Fire Blast provides additional coverage vs. Ferrothorn, so you aren't required to allow it to set up Hazards while you swap.

The Spdef EVs along with Hasty may look a bit concerning- but it makes my Rain matchup a bit easier to handle if I keep chomp healthy. It gives me a 75% of living Kingdra (252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Surf vs. 0 HP / 70 SpD Garchomp in Rain: 160-190 (87.4 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO), which allows me to trade with it the majority of the time.

Other Notes: As with most HO teams, it's matchup vs. common mons like Conkeldurr and Garchomp can lead to forcing you to sac something in order to properly trade or pressure it out. Easiest way to do this is to practice, though Voltturn as well does help- and the fact that said mons cannot swap into the majority of this team safely. The addition of three Choice users (Unless tricking off Scarf) means that if you misplay with one of them, you lose a lot of momentum, making it a little difficult to play if you do not keep that in mind.

Edited by Serpnt

IGN: Commissar

Tier:  OU

Pokepaste

Weavile:

Reasonably, Weavile works best as a revenge killer / late game sweeper with proper support and build, it is squishy but quite offensively versatile and can OHKO quite a bit if you know what you're doing.

Less reasonably, Weavile is the best user of what is probably the worst offensive move in Pokemon, Beat Up. Here we forgo reason, and try to make something fun.

King's Rock + Beat Up makes for around 47% flinch chance. With Swords Dance, you're looking at something similar to Shell Smash Cloyster.

Low Kick boosted with SD gets rid of a lot of annoying Steel/Rock types that Weavile hates. And Ice shard is STAB prio that rounds all this up.

Cloyster + Togekiss:

With these two added in the mix, we're making more bad decisions and going all in on flinching our opponent. 

Standard Shell Smash Cloyster, annoying beyond belief. And a variation on ParaFlinch Togekiss that should allow it to take care of Conkeldurr as it is a major pain for the team.

Dugtrio:

After assembling the 3 musketeers of asshole, and making very bad choices. Dugtrio comes in to do what it does best. Just take out something from the opponent team that you don't want to deal with.

Taunt is a choice to run on this set, but looking at the team as a whole we're way more offensive, and just killing things faster is pretty much the way to go.

Infernape + Rotom-Wash:

With this we try to round up the team with a decent Volt-Turn core that can try and get rid of major pain points and weaknesses of the big three we started with.

Rock, Steel, Fighting, Fire, Water and to some extent Electric types are this team's major weak points, and mostly can be dealt with by these two, enough at least so the others can just clean up.

Notes: The team is oriented more towards being fun than being 100% competitive. Working around all the weaknesses requires a lot of skill and prediction, in addition to the team being extremely reliant on RNG to work well if at all. This is a team where you might lose and your opponent will be mad at you just for using it.

IGN: 0Bradda

Tier:OU

https://pokepast.es/f251331533e9cad1

Sorry I don't have time for a full explanation of EV's (or time to try some of them)

Weavile, Jolly Banded with STAB moves to sweep with massive damage.

Salamence, Specs to Draco oneshot unsuspecting teams, Flamethrower for those pesky Steel types, Intimidate and typing slow down Fighting types as an alternate switch to Hippo. Air Slash for STAB flinching goodness and Hydropump for true dark technologies.

Milotic, Leftovers, Calm, full Sp.Def wall, stops most Sp.Atk users in their tracks, including Rain boosted Kingdra. Mirror Coat for those bold enough to try and break through. Dragon Tail to prevent Taunt setup users. Sub Volc can be an issue but Rocks and Sandstorm can make most useless.

Hippowdon, King of Defence, Rocky Helmet to hurt those game enough to hit it. Rocks setter, Roar to deal more Rocks damage, sometimes killing 4X weak Pokemon before they can get a move off.

Breloom, can break most walls and always a threat with Spore and Substitute. Focus Punch can be used blind if you think they'll switch in Spore immunes, dealing massive STAB damage. Adamant so it's slower than some Volt Switch Rotoms, allowing a post switch Substitute. Seed Bomb for those pesky Gastrodons among others.

Jolteon, Scarfed. Outspeeds everything. Smashed Cloyster going to sweep you? Rain boosted Kabutops? 2x DD Gyarados? All die.

Scarfed Garchomp thinks they have a free EQ? Nope.
Baton Pass for predicting hard switch Electric immunities, HP Ice for those all too common Dragons (people love switching Garchomp in) rounded out with the standard Volt Switch, Thunderbolt STAB combo. No Shadow Ball as its main use is for Gengar who is dealt with by Milotic.

No Toxic users to keep status free for Spore.

IGN: Commissar

Tier:  UU

Pokepaste

Tentacruel

Let's start with some standard stuff. Specially Defensive Tentacruel, while a lot of UU threats are physical, makes it easier to build around.
Scald is your basic offensive move, Rapid Spin because you need it, Haze just solves issues in UU you didn't know you had, and knock off ruins quite a bit of people's plans.
Easy, simple, useful.

Lopunny

UU is dominated by 2 major strats. HO Screens and Sun. Lopunny ruins both their team's leads if given the chance. I went Fake Out over Protect to bluff offensive vs electrodes. Depending on who you're up against, it might save you getting taunted. A worthwhile gambit with little lost if it fails.

Double coats, if things play out correctly just take out a Torkoal. and maybe set up rocks on their side.

Switcheroo Scarf lets you ruin some pokemon's day, with so many mons trying to set up stuff. 

Bronzong

Standard Physically defensive Bronz, nothing to be amazed at, at all. Synergizes nicely with Tenta.

Yanmega + Krookodile + Mismagius

Again, more standard sets:

Yan has scouting ability if the stage is clear from rocks, which is nice. (Ancient power > HP rock is also a choice I later realized but I'm too lazy to edit.)

Krook has very nice revenge killing and sweeping ability.

Mismag will set up nicely when it can.

A decent all-rounder offensive core to complete the team, and can handle a decent chunk of the UU meta without much support, and nearly all of it with proper help of the team.

IGN: Commissar

Tier:  NU

Pokepaste

Rotom-Fan

Offensive rotom fan set, running expert belt to bluff. Rotoms usually all work the same, this one is more offensive oriented. HP Grass for some coverage.

Venusaur + Blaziken + Slowbro

NU's favourite trio.

Works decently well with rotom offense, Venu is decently specially bulky, Slowbro is the physical bulk, and a mixed scarf Blaziken comes a bit surprising.

in-game stats show just how well these work together, so there's not much to debate on their effectivents.

Hitmonchan

Hitmonchan > Hitmontop was an unusual choice. But the team did need more offensive pressure and a good rapid spinner. He fits both nicely, elemental punch for coverage, I went with fire, but all work decently well. I'd test and pick according to playstyle most likely.

Piloswine

Stealth Rocks, bulk, power, and electric immunity. Typing synergizes better with the rest of the team over Golem's Rock, and Steelix's Steel type in my opinion. Oblivious seemed like a nice addition to the mix.

IGN: Neuzzz

Tier:  NU

Pokepaste

Golbat

Best tank NU, can keep Blaziken, Venusaur in check with its types, With Defog & Taunt, it can handle Stealth Rock/Spike Setters easily

Quagsire

A decent tank with Rocky Helmet. It is immune to Water and Electric moves and can be used against Physical Attackers, especially Blaziken and Feraligatr, although can be keep checked by a Venusaur switch-in which allows the opponent to have a free turn.

Can inflict Burned condition with Scald

Eelektross

Has decent bulk with some HP EV investment, it has Levitate ability so it is pretty much safe from being OHKO. Its wide selection of moves of different types allows to have wide coverage against most types of enemies. With a good prediction, Knock off can be super useful, especially when enemy switch out a new Pokémon.

Venusaur

With a good switch in against the Pokémon the enemy is weak against, it's more or less guaranteed that Venusaur will have a free turn to use either Knock Off or Sleep Powder, which can drastically affect the match. Modest Nature with max EV investment on Sp.Atk and Speed allows it to hit hard, and its bulkiness relies on the already good base stats.

Claydol

Could be a weird pick, but it is surprisingly bulky with 105 Def and 120 Sp.Def Base stats. It has access to Rapid Spin to clear out the hazards without affect own hazards, which is a huge bonus against Defog. Levitate + Ground Type is good against common Rock/Steel/ Ground types, especially against Dugtrio where it is not affected by Arena Trap.

Rotom-Fan

Can sweep with Substitute + Nasty Plot, Discharge gives it a 30% chance to paralyze switched-in opponent, which is generally not a Ground type since they don't have high Sp. Def

In summary, this is a balanced team with 2 tanks, 1 tanky hazard setter, 2 bulky damage dealers and 1 sweeper.

IGN: Susume
Tier: OU

Pokepaste

Blissey + Cofagrigus:

Same defensive core as half of OU, cofag offers a lot of pressure in the form of tspikes burns and kind of consistent damage in certain situations while blissey is an amazing mon to wall things while also winning initiative with teleport, rocks cuz there's nowhere else to put them and they're amazing and toxic as a damaging move of choice (Chansey can also be a good choice for obvious reasons, but i prefer bliss cuz it's cuter and has lefties recovery

Togekiss

Togekiss is amazing at getting free wins from people not having a counter for it or you being able to remove the counter from play, not much more to say apart from that also heal bells lets you contest status (toxic cofag without too much fear of burns or setting tspikes with cofag without too much fear of toxic and so)

Mienshao

Pivot, speed control, regenerator, damage and toxic support for certain matchups, amazing and consistant mon overall

Rotom-Wash

Amazing mon overall, offers volt switch, great bulk and defog support (Magnezone can be also a choice to take advantage of the all the moves that maintain initiative if defog isnt valued as much

Weavile!

Banded Weavile features amazing damage, speed control, trapping abilities and good late game threats, this team tries to play around it by maintaining initiative as much as possible while also trying to chip damage with volturns teleports and hazards to set up a mien/weavile sweep

Notes: It's just a normal balanced team with clear wincons and nothing too special on moves, but it's wincons are strong enough to carry you through games, just find which one is better against your opponents team and play around it! :p

IGN: DragoVertex

Pokepaste:https://pokepast.es/a4bd0e74176604e8

Garchomp: Put the rocks or if the foe is OHKO-able Eq. Flamethrower for skarmory.

Weavile: Fast boi, Late game sweep. Get sword dance if possible.

Cofagrigus: Main defencive bulk. Will-o-wisp + Hex combo. Haze if opponent tries to set up.

Blissey: Main special defencive bulk. Toxic stall. Block for opponent stalls. Flamethrower for ferrothorn,skarmory or incoming scizor.

Scizor: U-turn for momentum. Bullet punch to clear low hp pokes. 

Conkeldurr: Main offensive pressure. Drain punch+mach punch for most of the things. Facade for those who resists. Ice punch for dragons and flying. If ghosts switches in switch to blissey ( mostly ghosts are special ).

IGN: ImTheWalrusHere

Tier: Doubles

Pokepaste

My idea behind this team build is to try and counter the standard meta Doubles team on PokeMMO, while also using Pokemon I love and keeping it fun (mostly)

Reuniclus: Our lead. Great all around bulk, Magic Guard ability prevents Toxic chip from occurring. STAB + Life Orb allows it to OHKO Crobat lead without any SpAtk investment, preserving the bulk and preventing the all too common Tailwind + Flying Gem Acrobatics. Recover gives us reliable recovery, and combined with our next Pokemon it should be able to set up a Calm Mind with ease.

Hitmontop: The helping hand in our leading duo. Intimidate cripples physical attack leads and STAB + Fighting Gem enables Mach Punch to priority OHKO the common Tyranitar lead. He also has Close Combat as a stronger alternative depending on the lead, while also being able to Fake Out any non Inner Focus Pokemon. Priority moves like Mach Punch allow it to invest in HP rather than Speed to help with bulk.

Tyranitar: Our all around power house. Sand Stream negates Focus Sash users, Chople Berry prevents fighting type moves from absolutely devastating us. Jolly nature means we outspeed most other Tyranitars in matchmaking as almost 67% of those used are Adamant, allowing us to still 2HKO through opposing Chople Berry Tyranitars with Superpower even after the damage drop. Good coverage and great stats allows T-Tar to be our mid to late game clean up crew.

Magnezone: A Personal favourite of mine, Magnezone has a disgusting amount of potential. One of the most potent revenge killers since Generation 4, the Magnet Pull + HP Fire combo allows us to trap Scizors in field and OHKO them, or trap Metagross and 2HKO them. Volt Switch allows decent chunk damage when switching, Flash Cannon gives us a little more coverage against common threats, and Thunderbolt gives us an even stronger single target Electric attack.

Milotic: As strong as she is beautiful, Milotic brings incredible bulk and great coverage in todays meta. Recover gives us reliable, well, recovery. Refresh allows us to dispel any Toxic before it hurts too bad, Marvel Scale ability grants her extra Physical Defense when afflicted with a status, Scald gives us decent STAB damage and a chance to cripple with burn, and finally Ice Beam grants a strong counter to some of the most strong sweepers in the game, namely Garchomp, Salamence, Hydreigon and Dragonite.

Dragonite: And finally we have one that is near and dear to my heart. Dragonite being my first ever competitive Pokemon I bred myself, I figured it was only fair that I shoehorn her in here somewhere. Able to battle in all states of the fight, be it as a lead, a revenge killer, or a mid to late sweeper, Dragonite is a strong choice for any team or matchup. With the amount of cripple this team has, Dragon Dance can be used fairly safely. Inner Focus prevents anyone from flinching with Fake Out, Extreme Speed gives us a strong priority move for revenge kills or to finish off Pokemon we couldn't quite OHKO. Dragon Claw allows her to fight common threats with STAB, and Fire Punch gives her coverage to help deal with a pesky Scizor, Skarmory or Metagross.

I wanted to create a not completely meta team that could still be competitive while also being fun. Normally I would use Reuniclus as a dual screen setter but felt it fit better as an offensive mon in this hyper offensive team. I look forward to the next one of these!

Edited by ImTheWalrusHere

See the source image

IGN: Inou

Pokepaste: Pokemmo Weavile Event Team! (pokepast.es)

THE TEAM

Dark -------- Fighting ------- Psychic CORE

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image

WALKTHROUGH

See the source image Weavile

- The star of the show!

In order to understand the team formed around Weavile first you have to understand the purpose he plays in the team. Having basically 3 conventional build options (Banded, Sashed or Orb) those roles boil down to 'Revenge killer' and 'Late game sweeper'. 

In my set I've opted to add 2 more roles to my Weavile 'Scout' and 'Anti-suicide lead/Sash'. That's right! More often than not Weavile will act as the team lead unless the opposition team line-up demands otherwise. How you ask? Fake out. Probably one of the BEST fake-out users around with its insanely high speed it can help reveal your opponents intentions being able to fake out any other fake-out user going bar the occasional rare sash ones (in which case you will know its set immediately).

When most people think of Weavile's priority moves they tend to think of Ice shard, which if I'm honest is unable to compete with banded Mamoswine's and makes it somewhat predictable and expected. Fake-out gives it a whole new dimension to the strategies available to Weavile, especially as its mere 70 base HP (no investment) makes it prone to dying easily to neutral moves. What better way to overcome than to give yourself a free turn of damage? Ps. Weavile fake-out damage is no joke.

So what is my Weavile's primary purpose. What is its specific job in the team, what does it really counter?

Only the most prevalent pokemon in the tier that is often used as a lead or with a sash or scarf. Garchomp

The calcs

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Garchomp: 380-452 (90.4 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Wait! I thought it's supposed to counter it? EQ will 0hko us and ice shard KO isn't guaranteed. Scarf suicide lead even will just kill it in the trade!

Aha Fake-out

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Garchomp: 64-75 (15.2 - 17.8%) 

There. Sash broken, no trade in damage, next turn it has to switch or it dies which leaves you free (if correctly predicted) to pursuit the switch or icicle crash the probably rotom that's about to switch in for free and woo, no rocks out either.

What if they're crazy and switch in a ghost to block the fake out?

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 244-291 (93.4 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

They don't want none. But that's also one of Weavile's other targets. Revenge killing Gengar is ZZZ, just watch out for sash. P.s: that's not even switching out damage.

Same goes for starmie, though its a 2hko... except wait!

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 62-74 (23.7 - 28.3%) 

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 187-221 (71.6 - 84.6%) 

Starmie suffers the same fate as Garchomp.

Now Weavile is incredibly fragile, that's why I give him the life orb, because if anything does hit him he's probably dead unless its a safe switch-in. There-in lay two of Weavile's biggest glaring weaknesses. Fighting types and ground types. But to be more specific it hates priority moves from pokemon that it's own priority moves will do nothing to and sadly they are very popular pokemon in the tier. Scizor, Mienshao, Conkeldurr. That leads us to our next pokemon!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the source image Reuniclus

- This is Weaviles cute blobby little psychic friend and he just loves to take all of the things Weavile hates. Toxic / Will-o-wisp? Magic guard says yum! Fighting / physical priority moves? defence go brr. Ferrothorn? Lemme just set up a sec.

With full defensive investment, hp and a rocky helmet that bullet punch or mach punch that was intended for Weavile now hurts the opposition more than it does Reuniclus! Of course the looming threat of a U-turn from a banded Scizor still looms large for Reuniclus, if it switched into a bullet punch and the pokemon is banded it'l be fine as that's a problem for later!

The main purpose for this pokemon is a bulky offensive / defensive pivot for Weavile to hard switch to when confronted with things it really doesn't like. But on top of this Reuniclus also puts the opponent on a time limit to shift him, because if he is not removed / phased or hazed promptly enough within one or two calm minds he will begin to hit like a truck with insane special and physical defences to boot allowing him to single handedly 6-0 teams which are unable to deal with him. Thanks to psyshock not even blissey can save them!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the source image Conkeldurr

- Sometimes that old sayings are right. It's good to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer! This couldn't be any more right for Weavile!

The very presence of Conkeldurr within the team line-up will automatically have the opponent reconsidering making use of toxic and will-o-wisp. One prediction and Conkeldurr's guts comes online. Not only this but if they choose not to our fully Sp.def invested Conk' with left overs still brings a powerful pivot for Weavile to switch into with the longevity to last the entire match.

To add a little perspective

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Conkeldurr: 277-328 (78.9 - 93.4%)

To which~

Drain Punch 96 - 113.2% (44.4 - 46.4% recovered) -- 75% chance to OHKO

And that's with guts /not/ online.

But what else does he do? Well, with the set we have given him. He generally all-around claps cheeks as if given the chance a setup with bulk up makes it a complete beast. A milotic without haze will be broken within moments strong physical walls that Weavile can't deal with get broken down and Conkeldurr gets to generally be the terror that he is. Ideally he's to intercept a burn either will-o-wisp or scald intended for Weavile or the others and then within a single bulk-up be capable of 0hko'ing a large portion of the tier with mach punch allowing him to clean-up late game if needed. Ultimately due to the absence of fighting moves on our Weavile the use of Conkeldurr allows us the coverage capacity to run the type of Weavile we are.

At this point we've had the luxury of setting up a core that performs the roles of supporting and checking other pokemon but generally provides little else to the team! Seeing as our Weavile luuuurves chip damage and haaaaates taking it we need to provide a hazard setter and hazard remover for our boi weavy.

Dun dun duunnnnnn

See the source image Mandibuzz 

- Our boi weav hates nothing more than hazards on the field? (who does?) And who loves to remove hazards AND not get trap-killed by Magnezone? Mandibuzz doez!

The set we're running is a various mixed set with very little in the way of actual attack moves making it prone to taunt... Providing they can out-taunt our mandibuzz! That's right, with taunt this pokemon can help in the destruction of stall as well as prevent opposing pokemon from setting up and even have them kill themselves upon our mandibuzz's rocky helm! Not only that, with defog he will happily remove hazards for the other members of our team while ALSO checking many opposing threats. With its only attacking move as foul play it also gives the luxury of not caring about its own offensive stats while checking many set-up sweepers with their own power. Troublesome sub-sleepers like breloom also have no power heeeere as foul play will always break the substitute while overcoat makes it immune to spore! It's only draw back is that it has to be rather thoughtful of its use of roost but with its fairly low speed investment not many things are going to be going after it (for better or worse)

See the source image Chansey

- Did someone call for de blob? Our fifth pokemon! Chansey!

Chansey for all intents and purpose is... pretty basic b****. What you see is what you get, everyone knows what it does and everyone knows how you beat it. The thing about having it on this team is with the sheer volume of physically bulky pokemon we have, dealing with chansey isn't exactly simple as very rarely are you going to be able to pin it down especially as with double maximized defences it might not even need to switch. It's greatest weakness is probably its susceptibility to trick!

But wait... no wish / teleport? NOPE! No healing bell? NOPE! Most of our pokemon have recovery abilities or items as well as immunities to toxic / burn to the point they even benifet with it. While it can be nice to cleanse these, with a team so inherently resilient it would be a waste of a move slot. Instead Chansey is bringing the stealth rock! That's right! She's rockin' out with her stealth rock out. The team as a whole isn't dependant on stealth rock per-say as its a rather bulky offense based around Weavile this means that a pokemon who we aren't going to be leading with can be our stealth rocker to casually switch in, take a hit, drop a fat rock on our opponents front door step and then switch out. Primarily here for a little stall, a strong defensive pivot as well as our teams main source of status. Wielding toxic it threatens just about anything that looks to switch in, and no one enjoys getting hit with the status. It also means that its a safe prediction at this point that your opponents next Pokémon is going to be immune to it. Que our final pokemon!

See the source image Magnezone

- Tadaaaa our final pokemon! Magnezone!

Does just like it says on the tin 'ZONE' this pokemon on the back bench will make your opponent very cautious, the bane to both Milotic, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and a plethora of other pokemon. Coming in with magnet pull Magnezone is guaranteed to remove your steel type problems trapping them to faint with hidden power fire and wielding the scarf he also has the potential for late game clean up. Boasting yet another immunity to toxic on the team and a fairly reasonable chonkiness to keep him around late into the game. This pokemon rounds off our team with its second special attacker with powerful electric coverage and a strong neutral steel move that at the very least can reach up to 48% damage on a hippowdon! Arguably with smart switching and predictions its biggest threat is... well... Itself.

Also! One of Weavile's best friends, as it handedly removes scizor and Ferrothorn (Although it cannot switch into Scizor! Must predict!)

252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 316-372 (112.4 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 316-372 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Ferrothorn: 180-216 (51.1 - 61.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 144-170 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 242-288 (61.4 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not too shabby!

Edited by Poipoi

IGN: Complutum
Tier: NU

I asked some friends to give me a list of Pokemon they'd like to see me team-building on the NU Tier, I ended scrapping a lot of their suggestions (RIP for the totally unrealistic teams that got dipped) until I came out with the team you're about to check out here: [NU] Competition
I had to mess with their movesets a lot until I was satisfied with the result, this background should explain why there are Untiered mons on this team (there were a bunch more that didn't make it)

Rotom-Fan:   318453434_Rotom-FanGIF.gif.d75edc18826bdfa235626af6793648c4.gif

The building rock of this Competition. I considered its most common set, Defogger, Trick user to trap non-careful players, and some STAB damaging moves. While Scarfed it will outspeed everything (Sceptile, Espeon, Dugtrio and even Accelgor), and will still outspeed slower Scarfed mons like Vanilluxe or Blaziken. Rotom-Fan will act as a Volt Switch user trying to gain momentum, once Trick is used it will serve more as a generalist being able to use Defog or Air Slash flinch. One more thing to mention is that thanks to its moveset it can deal consistent damage to the 3 very common starters of NU (Venusaur, Feraligatr and Blaziken) although it won't be able to OHKO the first two (not even with Life Orb as Venusaur and Feraligatr are too tanky).

252 SpA Rotom-Fan Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Venusaur: 212-252 (70.4 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Rotom-Fan Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 230-272 (73.7 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Rotom-Fan Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blaziken: 284-336 (94.3 - 111.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Houndoom:   1940810307_HoundoomGIF.gif.879a3f9a37a7e8e9f94b829e45f04eaa.gif

Not a personal favourite but a really diverse attacker. The movepool of Dark type moves is quite big and that makes it hard for the opponent to predict our moveset. The maximum investment of EVs on Special Attack is to make sure it can 2OHKO Quagsire and deal one-time heavy damage with Overheat to Pokemon swapping in like Golbat or Nidoqueen, which are very common on NU (and it obviously demolishes any Pokemon weak to Fire type moves like Venusaur, Vanilluxe or Steelix so I won't provide calcs). I chose to bring Thunder Fang as a coverage option over Sucker Punch and Foul Play despite its lack of damage to clutch a final hit on Water mons that don't expect it (it puts a defensive Mantine in a though situation). Finally, Pursuit is meant to be used as a revenge killer option against low HP slow Pokemon.

252 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 214-253 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Overheat vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Eviolite Golbat: 195-230 (55 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Thunder Fang vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Golbat: 73-86 (20.6 - 24.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Thunder Fang vs. 248 HP / 164+ Def Mantine: 224-265 (60 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sceptile:   1398745773_SceptileGIF.gif.cdf19f6cfa54b35b48ad75e0e063295d.gif

I'm gonna do a throwback, Drakkmord's Sceptile single-handedly won against all other Starter Pokemon after an amazing Final battle. Sceptile isn't a Pokemon to mess up with, and just like Houndoom it can very well bring a mixed set of Physical and Special moves. Sceptile is incredibly fast and provide potential OHKO against Pokemon like Venusaur, Blaziken, Houndoom, Quagsire, Manectric, Gallade, Hitmontop, Pinsir, Dugtrio, Golem and the list goes on (offensive but bulkier Pokemon like Typhlosion, Drapion or Feraligatr to name a few fall heavily in the 2OHKO range thanks to super effective moves). Due to Sceptile's pressure (combined with the opponent not knowing if we're running a Physical or Special build at first) we can pull a Swords Dance set-up, thus being able to wipe off any Pokemon with the exception of heavy tanks like Steelix, Bronzor or Lickilicky.

252 Atk Flying Gem Sceptile Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Venusaur: 272-322 (90.3 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Sceptile Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 352-420 (89.3 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Houndoom: 284-336 (97.5 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Lapras:   1087786195_LaprasGIF.gif.c714ecd72212f6c67e1fd69f49759daa.gif

Although Lapras is an absolute favourite of mine, this Pokemon is here thanks to external influence. Lapras is my second sweeper with a totally unpredictable build based on Curse. It serves as Water Absord bait at first, although its ability is Shell Armor, more on this later. Thanks to its typing Lapras can tank perfectly Ice damaging moves (which 3 of my mons are weak to), while dealing fairly well too against Water and Fire type Pokemon. However, Lapras' main weakness is its lack of recovery, which is why I recommend not bringing it out early on, as there are many threats in NU and Lapras will need to be in prime condition to sweep. The core idea of this build is to prey on the opponent's lack of knowledge of our uncommon Pokemon and moveset. As soon as we use Curse once the opponent will likely think of three ways to bring us down: to Badly Poison us / to use an offensive Pokemon based on Critical hits like Absol, Drapion or Honchkrow to break our buffs / to use a Physical Sweeper with a Fighting move (which are common) like Blaziken, Gallade, Hitmontop, Pinsir... Trying to cause Status Ailments on Lapras won't work thanks to it knowing Heal Bell (which can be used to heal the Status Conditions of other Pokemon in our party if needed), and will only give us more room to set-up. Bringing out a Critical hitter will probably net us a sweet "Dude wtf I didn't crit even once, you're a hacker" thanks to Lapras' ability Shell Armor. I gave Lapras enough bulk to deal with any Fighting move and punish with Ice Shard the stat drop of Close Combat.

252 Atk Blaziken Close Combat vs. 152 HP / 140+ Def Lapras: 344-408 (78.3 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Lapras Waterfall vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Blaziken: 302-356 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Absol Night Slash vs. +1 152 HP / 140+ Def Lapras: 94-110 (21.4 - 25%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
(There are many calcs here to take into consideration, but I've played Devil's advocate and doing these calcs as if I Lapras enters the field and can't Curse even once. It can tank a Close Combat from Blaziken and thanks to the Defense drop of Close Combat OHKO Blaziken back in the same turn with Waterfall)

Musharna:   15783267_MusharnaGIF.gif.0beeaefa1a4bd9f3b2c5ed93daba9e47.gif

An old classic that deserves more love. Despite being very tanky, I decided not to invest any points in Def to increase my chances of survival against the hardest Special Attackers. This is because there are a lot of Dark type Pokemon out there that can easily kill Musharna (like Absol, Drapion, Honchkrow and Zoroark) and Fighting types that should be easy to stop bring out super effective moves on their common movesets (like U-turn Blaziken, or Crunch Feraligatr). Investing everything into Special Defense makes Musharna able to stop with ease STAB super effective moves from Rotom, Froslass or Houndoom, just as it can stop Special Attacks common sets from Espeon, Eelektross, Manectric, Vanilluxe or Typhlosion (if they are holding Choice Specs it will come down very close to a 2OHKO). Finally, to apply some pressure on Fighting and Poison types (like Golbat or Nidoqueen) it has Psyshock as an offensive resource, as well as Signal Beam to hit back at Espeon or Slowbro, as well as incoming Dark types with low HP.

252 SpA Rotom Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Musharna: 158-188 (36.2 - 43.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Froslass Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Musharna: 140-168 (32.1 - 38.5%) -- 1.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Musharna: 174-206 (39.9 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Espeon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Musharna: 132-156 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Altaria:   845165216_AltariaGIF.gif.9420906008bd9bf63642a4ced278ab5d.gif

The most stable tank of this team and my in-game current team too, praised by CptnBaklava and loved in the ENIX server for a reason. Altaria is an amazing generalist of a tank, it can both easily fend off super offensive Pokemon like Blaziken and take incoming Toxic thanks to Natural Cure. The lack of Rock and Dragon type moves in NU makes Altaria virtually weak to just Ice and nothing else (Altaria won't be able to tank any Ice moves but luckily Lapras can easily do so from Vanilluxe, Piloswine and Froslass, or Ice Punch from Feraligatr, Ambipom and some others). As Altaria is bulky all across the board it can stop incoming set-ups with Haze (check the calcs below) and chip away their common walls with Toxic. Sadly, the perfect tank must have at least one flaw, and its offensive pool is very limited. That's why I run it with Dragon Breath, to avoid being Taunted with a nice 30% chance of Paralyzing the opponent despite being a Ground type.

252 Atk Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 220 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 72-84 (20.8 - 24.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 220 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 147-174 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Drapion Poison Jab vs. 220 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 157-186 (45.3 - 53.7%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Rotom Thunderbolt vs. 220 HP / 36 SpD Altaria: 220-259 (63.5 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 220 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 142-168 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Edited by Complutum
Inou made me jealous with their cool sprites

IGN: Complutum
Tier: Dubs

I couldn't avoid deviating a little bit from standard sets, but we're here to have fun and experiment. This is a fairly tanky Trick Room team with a Speed control Crobat and a quirky Hydreigon, check it out here: [Dubs] Competition

Reuniclus:   1354093078_ReuniclusGIF.gif.dab7d328ac842d0a77e811d94f41fa4f.gif

The mandatory Trick Room setter. Having Reuniclus as a key component for this team was a great excuse to use a fun set with Lum Berry and Trick Room. If Reuniclus gets Taunted the Lum Berry is consumed and can still cast Trick Room, which is a must to get the game going and hitting hard first. Reuniclus is tanky enough to survive STAB moves from Special Attackers (Hydreigon and Chandelure mostly), but Tyranitar and Scizor should be avoided. Once Trick Room is up, Reuniclus is fully invested in Special Attack EVs and will be a giant threat with its varied movepool, it should be intimidating enough against people who open up the battle with Mienshao or Crobat as they're both in OHKO from Psyshock. The two other moves (Shadow Ball and Focus Blast) are meant to scare away common threats with Steel, Ghost and Dark typing.

252+ SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 338-398 (108.6 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Escavalier:   1627797939_EscavalierGIF.gif.ee6de5c5de505af813a0f0988ebcfe4b.gif

This is the most uncommon Pokemon of this team. Escavalier is terribly slow but that's exactly why it's here, it will move first against enemy TR teams and hits like a truck. I brought Protect to scan out possible Fire moves, which will instantly OHKO Escavalier, although Chandelure will help too on this matter later on. Escavalier has two very strong STAB moves that exert a lot of pressure, while X-Scissor can net Critical Hits easier, Iron Head has a very nice 30% chance of flinching. However, the most defensive Pokemon will stay at a 3OHKO range due to Escavalier not having super effective moves to deal with them, like Salamence or Rotom.

252+ Atk Escavalier Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 123-145 (31.2 - 36.8%) -- 77.4% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Escavalier X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 48 Def Rotom-Wash: 133-157 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Crobat:   1833440077_CrobatGIF.gif.c93184ed4a4db8d40e239804bd5959d9.gif

It is here to bring some Speed control to the table. As we already know, Crobat is great to jump first on the battlefield thanks to its amazing Speed and will Speed tie against an enemy Crobat or Jolteon. Combined with Reuniclus, they pose a great threat against Fighting types with Fake Out at the beginning of the battle and it's a great companion to help its partner set up Trick Room. Crobat will very likely move last when in TR so it's mostly used outside of it, with its moveset it is meant to stop the enemy from setting-up or using Status moves with Taunt and helping other Pokemon enter the field safely with U-turn.

Chandelure:   737395080_ChandelureGIF.gif.a001b969c1d877982555a04289833bdd.gif

The flying candle is a great addition for this team both defensively and offensively. I invested a lot of EVs on HP to Defense to make sure it can set up a crucial Trick Room if Reuniclus can't, with enough bulk to survive Rock Slide or Earthquake threats. Its typing and ability synergizes very well to save Hydreigon, Escavalier and Mamoswine (my main damage dealers) from enemy Fire and Fighting moves. Offensively, with TR active on the field it will move faster than non-TR enemy Pokemon and will deal easily with Pokemon weak to its STAB moves. Lastly, Energy Ball is meant to give coverage against Water types and Rain Teams which won't like it at all.

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 200 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 260-308 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
200+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 200 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 218-260 (70 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
56 SpA Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 176-208 (57.8 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
56 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 165-195 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mamoswine:   351131150_MamoswineGIF.gif.244d1579e13d8edf3e2c2439c58c527b.gif

This big fella has being a giant threat for any Dragon in Dubs for some time already. It's meant to cause as much damage as possible and use all the TR turns to corner the enemy with its amazing offensive capabilities. It's carrying Life Orb to OHKO non-defensive Salamence with a priority move Ice Shard (Garchomp will perish too) as well as dealing a terribly high damage against not careful neutral Pokemon. When on TR it can choose between two damaging moves besides Ice Shard; Earthquake and Superpower. Thanks to its ability it can't be Intimidated and it can very well 2OHKO defensive options and put at high risk a big chunk of common Dubs Pokemon across the board. Earthquake can surprise the enemy if we swap in Crobat or Hydreigon to avoid damaging our partner. To bait out possible priority moves like Fake Out or Mach Punch I brought Protect which is fairly standard in Dubs.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 452-536 (136.5 - 161.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 142-168 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 294-348 (83.5 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Scizor: 231-274 (67.3 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 374-439 (102.7 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hydreigon:   264059272_HydreigonGIF.gif.df05c336fc0428f065bb66ab57d8c809.gif

I almost made it here without something stupid. To top this team off I brought something that will piss off any Singles OU player. A Modest bulky Choice Specs Hydreigon without Speed investment. It's a very risky option but hopefully will surprise many that don't expect such a hard hit from Hydreigon, nor being at a weird Speed position with TR. With as much HP as this Hydreigon has, it barely sits at the OHKO range of most Close Combat users so it needs to be in TR to capitalise on dealing damage first. However, it can deal espectacular single damage with its two STAB moves against any non-Specially defensive walls (it is fair to say that super effective moves vanquish the enemy from the mortal plain), or go for a more wide and agressive option like Hyper Voice or Heat Wave to scrap damage from both foes.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hitmontop: 205-243 (67.4 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Blastoise: 211-250 (70.5 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Crobat: 267-315 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 295-348 (91.3 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Ferrothorn: 144-171 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Edited by Complutum
  • 2 weeks later...

OU: Inou (SerpentLord) 

- Good overall teambuilding, and the ideas behind the team are both interesting and very effective in theory. Along with a decent defensive core, seems very effective. There are a few movesets I have trouble with, however it should be a good ladder team with some tweaks.

UU: Commissar (Kupokun)

- In spite of being our only option, your defensive core seems solid and support Punny is definitely an interesting choice to work with. (Reminder that Krook gets Close Combat here and Mismag may wanna run Nplot as suggestions though)

NU: Neuzzz (Baexx)

- Good defensive core of Bat/Quag/Clay, along with subplot tom and two other mons meant to cripple for it (Fthrower ebelt eelek + knock & powder venu). A few movesets may need tweaking, double knock being one. Also lacks a bit on the physical pressure side, mixed eelek may be fun to play with.

DB: Complutum (Crible)

- Some dubious choices that were clarified and which in the end we agree with, you cover your bases well and have sound reasoning for all of your decisions + a good archetype to work with. However it struggles a bit with offensive leads or something like Whimsi, the former which can just double target a TR setter (no Redirection or fake out) and the former of which can simply out-taunt (No mental herb/fake out for that one either).

Our overall winner for this event is going to be @Poipoi's OU! I couldnt find very many holes in this one, and it has some out-of-the-box sets that with the provided calcs seem very effective. I'll DM my thoughts on the team overall on Discord myself.

• Neuzzz locked this topic