OU Teambuilding Competition July

286breloom1920x1080.thumb.jpg.eec3b1cb74066131a4dd4bd96d2caa40.jpg

Welcome to OU Teambuilding Competition This is a competition where you prove your teambuilding skills. Basically, what we are going to do here is see who can build the better team, hence the name. for the first OU edition i will give you guys a pokemons to build a team around (the team you sumbit need to be a pokepaste Link ). Along with the team, you will post a short summary that may include: your teambuilding process, how the team works. After a week, I will close submissions and vote with judges

The pokemon you can build a team around :

Breloom Breloom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Rules 

1 The submitted team must be viable for the current PokeMMO OU meta 
2 Need atleast one  of the pokemon i listed above in your team

3 Don't copy other player's teams!

4 Be creative. We also judge on thinking outside of the box and trying to harness the potential from some Pokemon with creative ways.

judges : 
Luke
pablobacas
Huargensy

Kriliin 

Mkns

Deadline

28 july 11pm gmt+2 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210728T210000&p1=338&p2=232&p3=179&p4=136&p5=213

Prizes:
image.png.cb7ebe071226c58be7489d0eb7d4452b.png 1st Place Prize
1 3x31 2x30 pokemon that is in the team you builded + 10 pp max
image.png.fe5701b171f05b963925f78091b6009f.png 2nd Place Prize
10 pp max

Edited by Quinn010

I'm not nearly as well-versed in competitive as most. I'm not even currently in a Team so I just queue matchmaking, make mistakes, self teach. but here we go: https://pokepast.es/ad5066e672768d71

My thought process:

Spoiler

The team has to be built around Breloom. For it, I went with a Swords Dance set instead of a Spore variant. I actually use this in MMO and it catches some ppl by surprise; they switch into something for the Spore but instead I'm Sword Dancing. I like priority Mach Punch too to clean up any low hp stuff hanging around. If you can manage full SD buffs, Mach Punch can be scary. Breloom is a nice one to switch into Tyrannitar and scare it out. 

Getting low hp stuff is helped along by Stealth Rocks so I put in Chansey for that, as well as T-Wave on it to cripple fast sweepers. Wish and Heal Bell support on it. Con of this is it's shut down by Taunt, so would have to figure a way to get rid of the taunt mons. Chansey can come in on any special attack and I can pivot with Teleport assuming I'm not Taunted.

To protect Breloom, I've got Chandelure flash fire to come in on any fire attacks. I'm scarfing it to outspeed threats. Also for revenge killing. I gave it Trick as well incase I need to shut something down. 

I hate to waste a space but I had to put special Lucario in here to deal with any Cloysters running King's Rock. Inner Focus prevents flinching and Vacuum Wave smacks it pretty good. I'd like to be able to run something else tho. Aside from that, it's Dark Pulse is good against things like Jellicent and Cofagrigus that would give my Breloom issues.

I think having Bulky water types are important so I have Flame Orb defensive Milotic. Honestly what was on my mind for the most part was something with defensive bulk and Ice Beam to deal with Garchomps. I think it could be okay against Volcarona too with Haze and wittle it down with Scalds. 

And finally we got Crobat. I honestly love this thing. Conkeldurr Mach Punches getting the better of you? This thing eats those for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's FAST at 200 speed and outspeeds the popular fighting types, Mienshao, etc. It also can't be flinched with Inner Focus so no Fake Outs from that or Scarfed Togekiss being trash. I made it HP and Speed so it can be annoying longer. Super Fang ignores stats and always takes 50% of their current HP. Taunt stops any move they make to heal it off, and Brave Bird can clean up. This can mess up Breloom himself. Good to deal with Walls that don't scare you out. I threw Defog on there to have it if I need it. 

And there we go. Hopefully not too trash lol  

Edited by Staggiie

https://pokepast.es/180a346ca3f30b74

building process :
watching skyandskt in season 2

trust your opponent to not letting volcarona setup and kill all that can stop breloom (salamence/dragonite/mandibuzz/crobat etc...)
252 SpA Choice Specs Volcarona Overheat vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 192-226 (88.8 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 284-336 (140.5 - 166.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dragonite: 156-184 (78.7 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

chip other mon with uturn and keep momentum to never lose pressure 
2 choice band can end game both if breloom killed the things that can stop dragonite and scizor like hippo/cofa
garchomp mixed is the best mon in OU and can pressure a lot of physical wall aswell
starmie is here to spin to make the game enjoyable for volca

i hope i ll win i really put a lot of time to make the team euw.png.dfd62d606f7b665fb19a6008d4363120.png

Hi everyone.

Been wanting to build around Breloom for a while so this was the perfect opportunity! It was pretty tough to put together but here's what I came up with:

https://pokepast.es/2f30818379288558

Here's my thought process of building the squad and rationale behind some of the EVs:

Spoiler

Having tried Bulk Up Breloom in the past and found it a bit too slow, I decided to go with a more offensive Breloom for this team. 204 HP is for Poison Heal and being more difficult to OHKO from non super-effective hits. 140 speed with Jolly outruns defensive Gliscor, which is (unless I’m mistaken) the fastest wall in OU. This gives Breloom much more set-up opportunities than a slower Bulk Up variant, since we can spore any defensive mon in front of us and get a Swords Dance up. 68 attack was a jump point for immediate damage on some walls i.e. Bold Rotom Wash and Jellicent, 52 SPDef was a jump point for predicted volt switches to get Breloom in safer, and what was left was dumped into defense to take less from banded Bullet Punch, etc.

Knowing I wanted to use Breloom as the wincon, the next thing was looking at what Breloom can’t take on at +2. Offensive Ghosts were obvious, as well as Fire types like Volcarona.

Choosing a defensive Tyranitar covered both of these, as well as giving me a rocker. 44 EVs in attack gives you a 93.5% chance of OHKOing a switching Chandelure with Pursuit, and Rock Blast is for (sub) Volcarona. 136 and 252 in HP and SPDef mean you can tank a lot of special hits, including a +1 Bug Buzz. The defence investment guarantees you live a +2 Icicle Spear from Adamant Cloyster, provided you don’t take any entry hazard damage. 36 EVs in speed lets you outrun Pelipper, and if your opponent switches in while you get up stealth rocks, you can OHKO max HP from full with Thunderbolt as they go for the Defog. This (niche) move could be changed (maybe to Rest for longevity or Crunch/Stone Edge for more immediate power), but I figured the popularity of Rain and threats posed by its sweepers meant it was more or less worth the slot. I've also had players try to set up with Gyarados and Cloyster on defensive Tyranitar, and it didn't end well.

Breloom also can’t do much against Skarmory, Ferrothorn or Scizor, and Mandibuzz, so Magnezone took a slot as the team’s scarfer. I’m running Teleport over Flash Cannon or Tri-Attack until your opponent’s electric immunities have been taken care of, as I thought the loss of momentum of being locked into either vs Hippowdon/Garchomp etc., wasn’t worth it. Nothing much to say about the EVs here. Max max.

Since I’d added two mons weak to Fighting, the next thing needed was something to take on strong physical attackers like Conkeldurr/Mienshao/other Breloom (which ironically are super threatening), so I went with Mandibuzz as the teams’ defogger and physical wall. Brave Bird deals with the three attackers. 12 speed is to be able to taunt Milotic (which the team otherwise struggles to deal too much damage to, especially if Flame Orb has been activated and we can’t sleep it) and outspeed other Mandibuzz. 148 EVs in defence lets you survive a banded Stone Edge from Kabutops, which I thought was a good benchmark (though without Foul Play I can't actually do anything to it in return), while 100 EVs in SpDef lets you tank a Modest Specs Hydro Pump in rain from Kingdra.

Tyranitar and Mandibuzz hate being burnt/hit with Toxic respectively, so I wanted to add a cleric that could double as a second wincon if Breloom goes down for whatever reason. Togekiss fit this role. Its speed investment outruns min speed Rotom forms, giving you the option of Roosting or flinching them down, provided you have a boost or two up. The HP and SpDef+ lives modest Specs Hydro Pump in rain (seems to be my benchmark for everything, lol), avoids the 2HKO from any Scarf Hydreigon (a big threat to the team), and the rest in defence helps with U-turns and other physical hits. While Heal Bell does clash with Toxic Orb, Breloom forces switches, so hopefully it wouldn’t be too much of an issue. Being able to heal itself of status also helps Togekiss beating down Blissey, etc., 1v1.

For the final slot, I wanted something to get some momentum back from VoltTurn, which the team doesn’t deal with too well, particularly if hazards are up. Garchomp naturally came to mind here, but in an effort not to get 6-0d by Weavile, I’ve gone for an offensive Swampert instead. Although it loses out on the better speed control the team would gain from having Garchomp, Swampert synergises far better defensively since we have 4 grass resists. 236 attack Adamant Life Orb Ice Punch picks up OHKOs on bulky Garchomp, bulky Dragonite, does 74% minimum to max HP max Def Gliscor and can pick off a weakened Hydreigon with a 70% min roll. Toxic is there to wear down walls that the team otherwise struggles with (Cofagrigus, Porygon2, etc.), while Rest is there so that Swampert can keep coming in to tank strong hits (204 HP and 40 Def takes 87% max from Banded Kabutop’s Waterfall in rain and OHKOs back with Waterfall) - plus Togekiss can awaken it whenever it gets a chance to use Heal Bell.

Good luck to everyone taking part and looking forward to seeing the variety of uses people propose ?

Offense Team featuring Breloom

https://pokepast.es/9fac8978b44775b2

Once I've red that I will be building a team with breloom I knew I wanted to build it with an hyper offense team with a suicide lead for my entry.

Skarmory (Suicide Lead): A lot of people tend to use Aerodactyl as a suicide hazard setter lead but I wanted to try something different. With skarmory's ability sturdy, you're guarantee that you'll be able to get up rocks without getting 1 OHKO but instead of using custap berry and run mental herb to prevent taunt from faster pokemons and to taunt them back.

Breloom (Spore+Set-up): With an speed investment of 136 ev, breloom can outspeed uninvested defensive rotom and put it to sleep avoiding potential defog and allowing your team to gain more momentum. 

Gengar (All-out Sp.Attacker):

With it's vast movepool gengar can be a pain to deal with. Having HP fire for scizor, icy wind for dragons mainly garchomp, energyball for some extra coverage and shadowball for its stab. Gengar is a beast.

Cloyster (Set-up Wall breaker): Drastically increasing its attack, sp attack and speed by 2 stages due to shellsmash, Cloyster is an excellent wall breaker on OU and with kings rock + its ability skill link it can be an annoying painful threat.

Dragonite (Set-up Physical Sweeper): Probably one of the best Physical Set-up Sweepers in the OU META also having to learn extremespeed for priority makes Dragonite a formidable candidate as a sweeper in general.

Reuniclus (LateGame Sweeper): Lastly for my last pokemon on my team I wanted to use my all time favorite. Reuniclus with the double dance/set-up set can easily win you the game. With the help of its amazing ability and bulkiness, Reuniclus is invisible with the right use.

Thanks and Goodluck to all of the participants of the event!

IGN: ArvyCVS

Edited by Arvy

Breloom balance
https://pokepast.es/04ef7df46f4c7624

Breloom

Spoiler

Breloom @ Toxic Orb  
Ability: Poison Heal  
Level: 50  
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 236 SpD / 60 Spe  
Careful Nature  
- Drain Punch  
- Protect  
- Toxic  
- Leech Seed  

Sporeless spdef Breloom; a blasphemy
Instead of using Breloom as a wincon, i decided to use it as a general annoyer. I chose toxic instead of spore to weaken some would be counters such as Cofagrigus and Mandibuzz. This set generally beats Cofagrigus outright, more so if it switches in on toxic or leech seed.
Protect instead of sub to scout choice moves, gain initial TOrb proc, and gaining recovery through poison heal and leech seed. 
EVs are setup to gain maximum poison heal recovery, 236 sdef to hit the jump point with careful nature, hits 98 speed with 60 EVs which allows it to outspeed max speed Conkeldurr and drain it if its on low hp.

Mandibuzz

Spoiler

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers  
Ability: Overcoat  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 44 Spe  
Careful Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Taunt  
- Defog  
- Roost  

Spdef defog Mandibuzz
Specially defensive taunt Mandibuzz is our first answer to Volcarona, and completely neuters DoubleDance Reuniclus, two of the biggest threats to Breloom.
Mandibuzz offers the third fastest defensive taunt after Gliscor&Crobat/Golbat , and renders quite a few defensive pokemon useless. Physically defensive Volcarona can beat Mandibuzz's brave bird spam, and thus is not the only answer to Volc on this team.
Taunt in combination with toxic instead of defog is also very strong on Mandibuzz, but unfortunately the team doesn't carry another option for defog user. BB is chosen over foul play for Volc and fighting types.
EV setup is pretty standard for fully specially defensive Mandibuzz with alot of speedcreep for taunt & some Breloom's. Generally very underrated mon, and often very annoying to try to beat if lacking the strong tools to do so.

Gyarados

Spoiler

Gyarados @ Leftovers  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 180 HP / 164 Atk / 164 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Waterfall  
- Power Whip  
- Ice Fang  

Bulky dd 3 attacks Gyarados
I chose Gyarados as the second answer to Volcarona and the teams main wincon. 3 Attacks is chosen over taunt/sub for increased coverage. Wreaks havoc against offensive teams with its coverage, and is able to hit just about anything except steels.
EVs are setup with quite a bit bulk; 164 speed with jolly allows us to hit 201 speed after one dd, which outspeeds the unboosted metagame. 180 Hp hits 193 hp, allowing us to hit the maximum leftovers number. Rest 164 is dumped on attack, and is just enough to hit even attack number, which gives one extra point on first dd, and also always OHKO's opposing Jolteon.
164 Attack is not enough to OHKO physically defensive Rotom-W at +1, but generally Rotom-W is not a problem with this team, and also with max attack it would still be a dirty roll, unless using adamant nature.

Jolteon

Spoiler

Jolteon @ Life Orb  
Ability: Volt Absorb  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Thunderbolt  
- Volt Switch  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Shadow Ball/Signal Beam

LO Jolteon
Jolteon is the sole special attacker of the team, and nicely easens our electric weakness from Mandibuzz & Gyarados. Could be substituted with Magnezone for the removal of the Steels, but i like Jolteons ability to deal with non scarfed Garchomp's and even 2hkoes physdef Hippowdon most of the time. LO is chosen over Specs for easement of prediction.
Jolteon also gives us a nice piece of pivoting and cleaning power with its base 130 speed and quite strong spa. Signal beam can definitely be chosen over shadow ball to hit Hydreigon quite hard.
EVs are standard, max max; could use 29 IV hp to hit 139 hp and have the optimal LO number and spend last 4 into spdef. With perfect IV's its better to put last 4 into HP to have odd number.

Hippowdon

Spoiler

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 12 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Slack Off  
- Roar  
- Stealth Rock  

Physdef helmet Hippo
Hippowdon is our stealth rocker, and a general stop to many of the physical attackers like Dragonite that can give us problems. Toxic,rock slide/stone edge, ice/fire fang or even yawn can be chosen instead of roar, but i like the phasing power.
Our secondary electric immunity, altough physically defensive doesn't like taking hits on the special side.
Could definitely be substituted with SR Metagross, to make the team stronger against Cloyster and Weavile, but Hippo has way more staying power, and combines nicely with Mandibuzz's Overcoat and Breloom's Poison Heal, and reverses weather against rain.
EV's are pretty standard, with some speedcreep to outspeed some low speed Conkeldurr that try to just outspeed Hippo.

Infernape

Spoiler

Infernape @ Choice Band  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Close Combat  
- U-turn  
- Mach Punch  

Banded Ape
Choice banded Infernape is our 6th and last mon, chosen to give us VoltTurn, powerful fire and fightning coverage and some needed priority. Mach punch could be substituted with rock slide or thunderpunch, but i wouldnt recommend it as it renders the team quite weak to things like Cloyster.
Infernape is our main breaker and tertiary answer to Volcarona lacking psychic. Infernape's 108 speed tier is also appreciated against MMO's metagame which has alot of 100,102, and 105 speed mons running around. Brelooms toxic&leech seed annoys and weakens many of Infernape's answers like physdef Mence, Cofagrigus etc which easens Infernapes job nicely.
EVs are standard max max.

Closing thoughts

Spoiler

The team went 20-0 on testing on low ladder, which definitely isnt enough to claim it as a top tier team, but at the very least shows it's potential.
javaw_2021-07-22_21-07-51.png.57fb3fe4749f650b12d6f15f6e500f9c.png

Ice types can definitely wreak havoc on us as our only resistance is Infernape, which has less than stellar defenses. Offensive Starmie can also be a problem, as it can carry coverage to just about everything on the team except Jolteon. Opposing Gyarados can also run over the team. 
Considering our only flying resist is Jolteon, and the teams general weakness to Starmie,Gyarados and ice types, it could definitely be possible that the team is stronger with Magnezone instead of Jolteon. Magnezone also allows us to power past Skarmory easier, which is an okay stop to Gyarados, and very strong against Breloom. Magnezone can also dent Metagross heavily, which will take on Gyarados at full health.
However Jolteon is what i originally landed on, and thus it is what we have chosen and the strong hidden power ice combined with easy predictiveness of LO is very nice.

IGN : Nevari 

Edited by Scorpioni

Loom Sand Balance 

286.png 248.png477.png623.png 558.png 227.png

I started wanting to build a more bulky team around breloom since most submissions were using offensive teams,for that reason i went with the SpDf Breloom set main benefits of this set is its ability to switch into bulky waters with ease and both OU rotom forms and set up on them or just force a switch its grass typing and immunity to status lets it do that. Set details: i went with sd>bulk up for immediate threatening power at +2 , protect to secure the activation of the toxic orb esp vs rotoms and protect also provides more healing which is a plus not to mention chip damage coming from sand/toxic lastly i went with 2 stabs as its attacking moves as i feel that the coverage they give is the best, drain is a must so replacing seed bomb with something like facade would make breloom completely walled by ghosts like cofag and jeli. Spread is pretty simple just max spdf with enough speed for other looms and skarmory.

I decided to pair breloom with a trapper to remove mons like gengar,starmie,reuni etc. originally that mon was weavile but i changed it to tar after i realized i wanted to go more on the bulkier route and especially after i realized that most of the pokemon i added benefited from sand,so i decided to use Scarf Tyranitar. Scarf is needed for gengar and it provides the team with some necessary speed control. Moves are self-explanatory and so is the spread.Next i added the defensive core of Gliscor Jeli which cover eachoter quite nicely. I made Bulky Gliscor my rocker with EQ and U turn to offer some momentum and to get out of there vs rotom and provide breloom with free setup, went with quite a bit of SpDf simply so i can switch in without worries into LO Garchomp which is usually a menace for these type of bulkier teams,speed is for those nasty +speed ice beam ttars. Toxic Jellicent is another even better water switchin which is useful vs rain and since im running double steel in the back kingdra doesnt click the dragon move for free. Toxic is for any bulky mon trying to come in e.g rotom or mandibuzz also in combinaton with taunt it forces both blobs (chansey and bliss) out and the rest is obvious. Speed is for skarm to stop it from recovering or spiking and also nice vs peli potentially stopping roosts or defogs, u can add more speed for stuff like mandi and milotic but i feel like the bulk is more useful. Next up we have our second set up sweeper and more needed speed for this team. SD Excadrill is both a great revenge killer and a sweeper in sand or with the rapid spin boost and it just fits the team providing spin support & breaking power. Moveset is simple but effective rock slide i feel is better than iron head in most cases and pretty nice in revenging gyara after some chip damage, iron head is mainly nice for opposing breloom. I usually wouldn't go with adamant but this team has very good checks for mons that would outspeed ada such are chandy and opposing exca. Ada provides much greater power for revenging stuff like gyara and for putting reuni in tars crunch/pursuit range the little SpDf is for +0 reunis focus blast after rocks and lefties>LO is for longevity especially in games where u have to spin multiple times. I had the most trouble trying to figure out the last pokemon but in the end i went with PhysDef Skarmory as i needed a check for gyara and exca and something that can phaze scary setup sweepers like reuni, originally in its place was twave rotom for gaining momentum and checking some but not all of the mentioned threats, skarm is just much better defensively and u turn on glisc still provides some sort of momentum. Brave Bird is its best attack , WW is for phazing like i said before and spikes are just nice wearing down bulkier teams u can put toxic>spikes if u want to rely more on status than hazards, phys def is needed for gyara and exca and speed is for opposing skarm so u WW faster and for fat breloom.

- Thanks for reading! and gl to everyone.

IGN: Repposh

Click the title for the pokepaste

breloom.png tyranitar.pnggliscor.png jellicent.png  excadrill.pngskarmory.png

Edited by repposh

Semi Sand team. 

https://pokepast.es/81d3f37f056c6335

Breloom has been EV'd to outspeed defensive mence. Breloom is only here to sleep stuff so that ttar can set up sand and switch to the threats. 

Ttar is our special wall. Enough speed to outspeed mandibuzz with no speed investment. 2ko with stone edge. This baby is our main hazard setter. Gave it babiri to handle zone a bit better. It can handle all types of zone except specs so there's that.

Banded drill is our sand abuser. Not much else to be said about it. 

Cofa is our fighting and spinning check. The team so far is ridiculously weak to conk and other brelooms as well. Its a decent wall to kabutops as well. 

Gastro is our rain counter. Nothing much needs to be said about this. 

Scarf chomp is to just catch people by surprise. Added SR to its set in case ttar failed. 

I didn't see the need to add a defogger or a spinner on to the team. The goal is to force the opponent to defog giving us an extra turn. Its a pretty standard team with ttar and exca at its core. I really wanted to add sand force instead of rush but I wanted a little speed control hence rush. I'm not a pvp player by any means so its just a rudimentary attempt at something from a newbie. 

Edited by EricRasp
Grammar

Offensive Loom Team

https://pokepast.es/c43747a45e163b0e

Main objective of this team is weaken the enemy and getting avenged by breelom.

possible threats:

- Gliscor acrobatics (can be stopped by rotom)

- Togekiss (can be stalled by chansey and/or rotom)

- infernape Mixted (it's hard to stop, but can be avenge killed by breelom if uses close combat twice)

- Conkeldurr Bulk up can be countered by hippowdon, but can leave it with a lot of damage if bulk +2 or flame orb+1, At this point hippo MUST force switch using roar because breelom can't treat with it.

- hydreigon Taunt sub can hard counter all this team. If chansey has no seismic toss

- gengar sludge bomb focus blast can do a lot of damage to this team if chansey has no psywave.

The team can start with rotom or chansey to switch. The main weakness of this team should be the scarf users because the lack of speed. But with surprise factor breelom can do a lot of damage ?

Chansey: It can wall almost all kinds of special sweepers like volcarona, hydreigon. Also has access to teleport, which can give a really important momentum if opponent is switching or trying to stall

Hippowdon: Hard counter of physical attackers like mienshao, conkeldurr if no ice punch/close combat. It is able to throw Stealth rock and cripple most of breelom checks like volcarona

Chandelure: This is the special sweeper in the team, covers ferrothorn from fire-moves like flamethrower and checks almost every set of volcarona (Except Hidden Power Rock),also works as a bait for pursuit users giving breelom his momentum to use Sword Dance and sweep the opponent

Ferrothorn: Hard Check for Gyarados, and most special attacks if that mon has scarf and not using Fire-moves like hydreigon. Also it's pretty annoying if rival hasn't any thing to kill him. Covers chandelure and hippowdon from any water-type moves

Rotom: Usually, the lead pokemon it can pivot with volt-switch and cripple with will-o-wisp or Pain split to counter mixted garchomp (Mostly he can't kill if you predict it with pain split:
252 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 99-118 (63 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
and next draco meteor hits
-2 252 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 51-60 (33.5 - 39.4%) -- 15% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

so if rotom predicted correctly the draco meteor will not die, if not it's time to be revenge killed by breloom because flamethrower can't do anything to breelom at -4 :kek:

Breelom: This is the most annoying mushroom ever existed, in the right moment he can use spore and boost. It can hit very hard to weavile, Scizor, hydreigon, Tyranitar And most sweeper with low defenses. funny fact, is nobody expects it.

I used a very similar team in the World Cup but with the same mechanic, hope this team could win the contest ? GL everyone.

IGN: Clayclover

Edited by clayclover

Breloom Balance

breloom.gifrotom-wash.gifempoleon.gifhippowdon.gifmandibuzz.gifvolcarona.gif

Spoiler

Ok so i started the build with 3 attacks + sd because loom has an insane potential to sweep even without the need to spore something. Stone edge is here to surprise Bold Salamence, Crobat and Bold Sigilyph which are the most common counter for breloom

+1 252+ Atk Breloom Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Salamence: 172-204 (85.1 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Breloom Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sigilyph: 208-246 (116.2 - 137.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Breloom Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Crobat: 208-246 (108.3 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Next we got Rotom-W which basically is our counter for annoying togekiss, it allows to outspeed it and discharge to kill it, the spread also allows rotom to lives dmeteor from chomp to either punish it with hp ice or with some predictions pain split it to be full hp.

Empoleon amazing double types can wall both stab of kingdra which is the main abuser with specs, ice beam to neutralize dragon types like mence mentioned above and hydreigon. Knock off to knock eviolite from chansey or walls that rely on items to gain hp like ferro, tentacruel.

So far we got no resistance to conk so to remedy this we got hippowdon with rocky helmet to punish it + sand. The invest  outspeed blissey by 1 point and outspeed minimal invested speed conk that would try to be faster than you.

Reuniclus is a big problem against this team and specially for breloom if it's not boosted with sd, for this we have mandibuzz with taunt. The spread outspeed non-speed rotom by 2 points and can annoy it with toxic+taunt or roost before the rotom volt switch. The sp def invest can also lives draco meteor from chom

252 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 212 HP / 164+ SpD Mandibuzz: 129-153 (60.8 - 72.1%) -- not a KO

Last spot was hard to choose, it was either chandelure as a special sweeper or an pursuit trapper to neutralize gengar that annoys a lot breloom.
I ended up choosing volcarona in case breloom couldn't clear the opposing team. Volcarona can setup on gengar unless rocks are up or gengar has taunt. Safeguard allow volcarona to 1v1 big special walls like blissey or chansey. Last move is roost to extend his longevity agains't physical attacker 

Alright I'd like to start this by saying I've had this team done for like 4 days but I've been too lazy to post it.

Final version: https://pokepast.es/e84554046b81e2bb

So I chose a sub-punch breloom set, because it can easily destroy teams if the opponent has no real answer to it. (like cofagrigus)

The evs are to outspeed a jolly tyranitar, even though it's not too common to see in OU, ev'ing to outspeed it would give a lot of certaincy in your own predicts. This helps to gain momentum in your matches. You could also run an adamant set if you prefer that.

When I was told to build with breloom, starmie was the first thing on my mind. The 2 are a great offensive combo, with really well matching typings. I chose hidden power fire for the potential scizors. Scizor can be annoying for this team with uturn spam, because our physical wall gets hit quite hard by stealthrocks, but would also be forced out due to the opponents pokemon coming in through uturn. Getting trapped by a scizor with pursuit would ofcourse be a catastophy. This also helps with ferrothorns which this team can struggle with if you dont get a chance to get a substitute up with breloom.

As for the item, I chose expert belt because it gives a bonus of extra damage, while not taking your hp, this item also pairs with his great coverage. I chose psychic over psyshock for any bulk up conkeldurrs out there, which would otherwise cause trouble. It's ev'd to outspeed gengar, and put the remaining evs in hp.

As for spdef tanks, I chose hippowdon and rotom-wash. I chose hippowdon because I'd seen endiii use it before, as well as it being a nice answer to volcaronas. The added benefit of also being able to get stealth rocks makes him an important member of the team.

For rotom-wash, I picked it because I would struggle with rain, but then again, rain is never super hard to beat since most good people dont use it. This + breloom should be able to handle rain matchups just fine. Rotom is also a nice help for mixed garchomps, as they usually run EQ, flamethrower/fire blast and dmeteor.

My physical wall is mandibuzz. I chose it because it is definitely an underrated pokemon in OU. It's a good wall for breloom, and other big physical threats in the tier such as scizor. It also learns defog which was needed in the team. 

Last pokemon, metagross. I chose metagross because in previous versions of the team I struggled with weavile a lot, this takes care of it as well as give this team some more speedcontrol. Its ev'd to outspeed a garchomp. 

Previous versions of the team, incase you're curious;

Version 1: https://pokepast.es/9246402acabea7fd

Version 2: https://pokepast.es/d2cd4553584cc1d8

Edited by KevinDaPokeTrain
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your patience! We are ready with the results!

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place
@MaatthewMLG(IGN: iMat)

Spoiler

breloom.gifrotom-wash.gifempoleon.gifhippowdon.gifmandibuzz.gifvolcarona.gif

A bulky team with good typing coverage, has answers for all of the common threats in the tier while also creatively using some uncommon sets you might not expect to see in the tier.

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place
@isi1993(IGN: RealDevilLegend)

Spoiler

Tentacruel  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteSkarmory  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteReuniclus  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteGarchomp  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteChandelure  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & Whitebreloom.gif

A balance team centred around bulk up Breloom, a very solid defensive core paired up with enough offensive power to not be toothless.

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd Place
@clayclover
(IGN: Clayclover)

Spoiler

breloom.gifhippowdon.gifChansey  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteChandelure  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteFerrothorn  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & Whiterotom-wash.gif

Bulky team centred around supporting SD Breloom, great offensive synergy while also maintaining good momentum to bring in breloom as much as possible with Teleport + Volt switch

Edited by Quinn010

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.