Balancing opponents in PvP Metagaming

caioxlive13

Question

Recently, some Players Appeal a BAN of king's rock, and hax itens, for PvP Matchmaking. A strategy most used by low elo players.
My suggestion, that even make this useless ban appeals becomes more rare, is a Balancing of your Opponent in Matchmaking
Like something that happens in other games, when the level of your oppponent, is according to your rank.

Examples:

If you are a player in Veteran Rank, you face in pvp only players that are in Veteran Rank, Professional Rank(One Rank Below) and Top Ranks(One Rank Above), without facing in this rank Trainers and Novice Trainers
If you are in Novice Trainer Rank, you face in PvP only player that are in Trainer(One Rank above) or Novice Trainers

This end somethings that players don't like:

- Strategys "OverPowered", that if appear a OverPowered Strategy, the players that use it easily reach in High Rank, and is more easily to tier council make a suspect test for him ,and if don't be overpowered, the player that use it, don't go up and kept in low ranks.
- Novice Trainers and Top Rank Problem, is obvilious that a Top Rank have more skill that a novice trainer Rank that always are in this rank. But, if for some miracle, the novice player win a match against a top rank, the top rank lose much Elo. It is not fair, because sometimes is determinated by RNG chance the match

And with balancing PvP, can open new doors to reward pvp, like Reward for Ranks, that work of this form, for a Example:

One of reward base is 500 BP. But, if you win this reward in Veteran Rank, you'll receive 1000, 2000 or 2500BP. However, of Wiin in Novice Trainer Rank, the reward still base reward.
Naturaly, is more hard to obtain rewards if you are in high ranks, with this, but to be fair, the rewards comes better.

The Rewards is better in Ranks More High. i Think it is a good idea, and anyone can submit reply that i can answer you.

Edited by caioxlive13

5 answers to this question

Another troll thread from a troll themself.

So my message doesn't get deleted, I'll respond to your suggestion:

My suggestion, that even make this useless ban appeals becomes more rare, is a Balancing of your Opponent in Matchmaking
Like something that happens in other games, when the level of your oppponent, is according to your rank.

Especially during certain timezones, it can be very difficult / impossible to match with an opponent at a similar level to you (except OU), so good luck finding a game if you're attempting to play NU, UU and Doubles (MMO does not have a huge competitive playerbase compared to the handheld or other games)

Also, as discouraging as it can be at the beginning, how are low ELO players supposed to learn the meta and think of suitable teams if they don't play against a range of skills, especially players who are elite rank? If low ELO players play against each other, they'll both just end up using the 6 most popular Pokemon or random stuff, not knowing how it's beneficial in the tier.

One of reward base is 500 BP. But, if you win this reward in Veteran Rank, you'll receive 1000, 2000 or 2500BP. However, of Wiin in Novice Trainer Rank, the reward still base reward.
Naturaly, is more hard to obtain rewards if you are in high ranks, with this, but to be fair, the rewards comes better.

All you have to do is create certain teams and spam the ladder. It's incredibly easy to get up the rankings if you play loads of games, especially if you're playing in a timezone when the tier is really popular or when several are trying to obtain the 10,000 BP vanity item, (the exception being if you're consistently in the top 20 of the leaderboard).

Although it will definitely increase wealth for PvP players, this is extremely high rewards for a system which relies on matchup fishing - therefore I think this is also a terrible suggestion.

Anyway I hope this thread doesn't receive 300+ comments like the other one you started.

Edited by Imperial
12 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Another troll thread from a troll themselves.

So my message doesn't get deleted, I'll respond to your suggestion:

Especially during certain timezones, it can be very difficult / impossible to match with an opponent at a similar level to you (except OU), so good luck finding a game if you're attempting to play NU, UU and Doubles.

Also, as discouraging as it can be at the beginning, how are low ELO players supposed to learn the meta and think of suitable teams if they don't play against a range of skills, especially players who are elite rank? If low ELO players play against each other, they'll both just end up using the 6 most popular Pokemon or random stuff, not knowing how it's beneficial in the tier.

All you have to do is create certain teams and spam the ladder. It's incredibly easy to get up the rankings if you play loads of games, especially if you're playing in a timezone when the tier is really popular or when several are trying to obtain the 10,000 BP vanity item, (the exception being if you're consistently in the top 20 of the leaderboard).

"Also, as discouraging as it can be at the beginning, how are low ELO players supposed to learn the meta and think of suitable teams if they don't play against a range of skills, especially players who are elite rank? If low ELO players play against each other, they'll both just end up using the 6 most popular Pokemon or random stuff, not knowing how it's beneficial in the tier." - Going up in Ranks. In ranks more highs, he need to adapt teams because start to get harder , win matchs if you are full random team.
"All you have to do is create certain teams and spam the ladder. It's incredibly easy to get up the rankings if you play loads of games, especially if you're playing in a timezone when the tier is really popular or when several are trying to obtain the 10,000 BP vanity item, (the exception being if you're consistently in the top 20 of the leaderboard)." - And in this point, you're wrong. Read Again: "the high your rank, the better the rewards". To he earn Too much BP and MatchMaking Points, need to go to High Rank, where need a good skill to win with frequency.

In High Ranks, Skill have more Value that count with RNG, and use Random Team With Hax itens

Edited by caioxlive13

I did not read the post and I won't, but bro stall is not broken in the actual metagame but I agree it is very strong and one of best styles to play at the moment.

You say to people use offensive things with the argument it requires skill, but bro lemme tell you a secret, setup screens and dance or somethings isn't that skillfull (actually it is pretty brainless).

It is possible that someday one change in the game would change the meta and make an style super overpowered but it is not happening right now. And even if it was happening we would not ban a style of playing the game but the pokemon/item/anythings that it's causing the problem.

I don't know if you know how a ban happens and I don't judge you because most comp players don't know that too, but I suggest to you read a post in competitive section about tiering and how bans works, it is named Tiering Etiquete something like that, you can also search in Smogon or even videos on youtube.