[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

Hi, GEC has worked perfectly for me since I downloaded it about a week ago, but today I get this error when launching it. I've never touched any of the files since installing it. Any idea how to fix this? Windows 11 btw, if that matters

image_2024-01-09_021909106.png

• 1 month later...

So i have this kind of problem i dont know if its my laptop graphic but i cant scroll down my GEC down for other options. ive try to but a mouse with a scroll in the middle still it cant scroll down but the Gec is working. its just i want to put some themes on it but unable to. 

thanks if u help me one this oneGEC.thumb.jpg.62b4b77f465fe8a09de06d6b769e325f.jpg

On 7/17/2021 at 11:22 AM, Gilan said:

Hello everyone,

I just got approval from the PokeMMO staff on Aug 30th for my app. (Latest update 12/4/2022)

Please keep in mind this is a BETA release and only for Windows 64bit systems (32bit will come soon, and I want to get a MacOS version at some point). Expect bugs, crashes, it just plainly not working, etc.. I ask that you report these bugs back to me in the following format:

Description of issue (what happened, what were you doing, etc.):

Is the issue reproduceable (i.e. can you make it happen again)?

Anything in the debug folder? if so please make a https://pastebin.com of the debug files

Did the app spit out an error to you? (if so please screenshot it)

What PokeMMO client theme were you using?

What ui scaling is your client on?

I may reach out to you to gather additional details depending on the issue.

Here is the download linkhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/hr23yrqsr4tsz8s/GEC_Package.zip/file

Google Drive alternative link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pVF59IYXpthMCuCnjdm-zcHp4KxTijs/view?usp=sharing

v1.0.2 changelog

IF YOU ARE UPDATING: the process is the same as the first install, except this time it will ask you if you want to replace the files, select "replace all". Do not worry, this will not overwrite your save data.

Copy that zip file to your ./PokeMMO/data/mods folder and then perform an "Extract Here"

Example path to .exe file: ./PokeMMO/data/mods/Gilans Encounter Counter/GEC/GEC.exe

(if instead the folder in your mods folder is /GEC Package/ navigate into it and bring the Gilans Encounter Counter folder up one level)

You can create a desktop shortcut for the .exe file if you wish. If you want the tool to boot up with PokeMMO, create a batch file

CUSTOM THEMES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD:

Reveal hidden contents

Bear theme (only Expanded Mode):

unknown.png

Here is a video with installation instructions and a walkthrough of the app:

Hope you enjoy!

Want to make your own custom theme for my app? Check out my quick run through of how to do it

KNOWN BUGS (not yet fixed in downloadable version):

- Fullscreen mode unsupported at this time. (unsure if I will be able to fix this, as the Fullscreen mode for PokeMMO is not capturable, even by regular screenshot methods; and it prevents any window from being on top of it) Best suggestion is to just play in borderless window mode while using the encounter app.

- Safari Zone encounters don't always count properly. This is due to the "A wild X appeared!" text is not up on the screen for a long interval. Currently working on a fix for this

- Doesn't count Zorua species (will count as the species it is currently illusion'd as)

- German ROMs do not count single encounters. This is caused by a typo in the single wild battle start text.

Fixed bugs and update in downloadable version:

- jre path location that exists in a personal user folder path will not work. If you don't see a black window pop up on startup, this is most likely the culprit. (prevents counting) I have a fix for this and will be implementing it very soon!

- Settings page is too tall and doesn’t scale with smaller screen sizes. You should be able to drag the settings page up and down which should trigger it snapping to the top or bottom. This will allow you to access the rest of the page. Will add a scroll feature in the future.

- If you use custom strings, my tool will not currently work for you. I am working on a fix. awkways has posted a workaround for the timebeing.

- Certain pokemon aren't being counted, while others are (and I'm not on 1.25x, 1.5x, or 1.75x ui scaling). This is likely due to my program being unnecessarily strict on image matching when the font rendering is slightly different (due to anti aliasing or something). I will relax the restrictions in the next update which should alleviate this issue. Also check if your antialiasing is set to "no antialiasing" (in Graphics) and High DPI Font is enabled (In Interface)

- The black window is still not showing up. Likely due to the PokeMMO main.properties listing a mod name that does not exist. A workaround on the user side can be to delete this mod name from the main.properties file. An code-side fix will be included in the update I will be pushing later this week.

-Gilan

Does this also work at android version?

• 1 month later...

Hey! I have this problem with the Gilans encounter counter, and i don't know if anyone has had this happen and knows how to fix it, I would be very grateful if someone knows how to fix it. Last year I was using it very easily, but I don't Last year I was using it very easily, but I don't know what happened that it started to show this problem every time I tried to run it.  I even deleted the game and re-downloaded everything from the beginning and it still shows the failure.

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-21 222703.png

Edited by Alayongamer

If anyone comes here I found out something, if its not counting make sure GEC and pokemmo are on the same language my GEC for some reason was on Japanese so the thing was looking for the Japanese name of pokemon.

HI! I'm trying the counter and I must say that it works very well, but I'm noticing that in Italian it doesn't count single encounters. Can it be fixed? From how I understand this depends on the phrase at the beginning of the battle, which in Italian is "Appare x selvatico!" (at least in White where I'm testing it). Alternatively, is there any py file that can be modified to circumvent the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I cant get the encounter counter to work. I've tried for a while. It just doesnt count pokemon. I followed the video to set it up perfectly. Out of nowhere it counter 2 encounters that did not happen and then it stopped counting encounters. Can I get some help? I would really like to be able to see how many times I've encountered pokemon. Thanks in advance

I found the solution. Delete the encounter completly and reinstal it. Worked for me 😄

On 1/9/2024 at 9:19 AM, yoitsbee said:

Hi, GEC has worked perfectly for me since I downloaded it about a week ago, but today I get this error when launching it. I've never touched any of the files since installing it. Any idea how to fix this? Windows 11 btw, if that matters

image_2024-01-09_021909106.png