[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

52 minutes ago, kaaru13 said:

1. windows 64bit 10

2.I followed the video and didn't move anywhere

Ok so 2 things you can try:

1. You’re on a Windows 10 ‘N’ version. If this is the case, try installing the “Media Feature Pack for N versions” (www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack)

2. Download the community version of Visual Studio (visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/)

After you’ve installed 1, try running the GEC with PokeMMO as normal.

Basically, the issue appears to be a Windows file that my app is looking for, but cannot be found on your machine.

47 minutes ago, MayMilotic said:

@HEARTEATERS Can you tell me where you found the savedata?

You can check the saveData and config folders for the GEC.

The files in question are:

• gecconfig.json
    • image.png.d919d87e4e392b59140c6d910b06538b.png
    • ^ As shown in the image above, this file saves the configuration that you had the tool at (saved position being the position the gec was on screen)
  • countFile.json
    • image.png.1f00e84a5a023a693bc87292625a3573.png
    • ^ As shown in the image above, this file saves basic information for your profiles and hunts in a tree structure.
  • encData.pkl
    • This file cannot be visually shown as it is a pickle bytes file. But, this file contains all of the encounter data (what species, how many, when, what hunt, what profile, order stack of species for the expanded mode, etc.)

So while you may be able to reconstruct the json files, if the encData.pkl file is corrupt, it cannot be recovered.

Corrupted save files should not be an issue in the currently available GEC version. This is because it renames the save files to something like "encDataDelete.pkl", and then tries to save a new version of that save data. If it is successfully in completing the save action, it will then delete the old save file. If during this process, your computer shuts off unexpectedly, you will find a tmp file and the "Delete" file in your save folders. Simply rename the "Delete" file back to the original name, and delete the tmp file, and the tool should continue to work.

If stuff is still getting corrupted, then something is not right...

Edited by Gilan
1 hour ago, MsGardevoir said:

Hello, sorry for my bad english i use google translate

I got the encounter to start up but it doesnt show me the enounterd pokemons the tab stays empthy.

Thank you I hope I can have a solution to this problem. if you need a little more details i can give them to you2089431909_QQ20210922185658.png.4dfc33ca3dd491089f88d90b04199f53.png

One of your custom string files is bad. It is lacking a proper header. Please fix it, or remove it from your strings folder.

21分钟前,Gilan 说:

One of your custom string files is bad. It is lacking a proper header. Please fix it, or remove it from your strings folder.

Thank you for your help.

I tried to reinstall the game.

Now debug doesn't show errors.

But the enounterd pokemons the tab stays empthy.

There is no black window when I run the program.

30 minutes ago, MsGardevoir said:

Thank you for your help.

I tried to reinstall the game.

Now debug doesn't show errors.

But the enounterd pokemons the tab stays empthy.

There is no black window when I run the program.

Is there a new error in the gecDebug file?

31 minutes ago, MsGardevoir said:

Can you check to see if there is a file called "fonterArgs.json" in the './Gilans Encounter Counter/cache' folder?

If it is there, can you go to the './Gilans Encounter Counter/utils' folder and open a Command Prompt in that location?

image.png.0d433de25152ac8cf61ed8d296abbe51.png

then enter the following into command prompt:

GilanFontGenerator.exe "../cache/fonterArgs.json"

for example:

image.png.ac209adbb851bc21fd9399cd4b18cd4e.png

and press enter to run the command.

Then, can you report back the output it gives (ideally in a PM, incase there is personal info in the file path)?

2 minutes ago, YoitzzTB said:

For some reason my counter doesn't count. Downloaded it and followed all steps through the video, the counter appears on my screen as normal and when encountering a horde or a single pokemon the encounter doesn't go up; stays at 0.

Does the black window appear at start-up?

Is the gecDebug.log file populated with any information (opens in notepad)? The file can be found in the './Gilans Encounter Counter/debug' folder.

1 minute ago, Gilan said:

Is the gecDebug.log file populated with any information (opens in notepad)? The file can be found in the './Gilans Encounter Counter/debug' folder.

Yea, the black box appears at start up of the GEC counter application. The gecDebug.log is populated with 

ERROR:root:gecException:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 940, in find_best_match_confirm
cv2.error: OpenCV(4.5.2) C:\Users\runneradmin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-req-build-1y7gm6kn\opencv\modules\imgproc\src\templmatch.cpp:588: error: (-215:Assertion failed) corr.rows <= img.rows + templ.rows - 1 && corr.cols <= img.cols + templ.cols - 1 in function 'cv::crossCorr'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1306, in run_app
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1152, in detect_new_encounter
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 948, in find_best_match_confirm
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'shape'

4分钟前,Gilan 说:

你能检查一下'./Gilans Encounter Counter/cache'文件夹中是否有一个名为“fonterArgs.json”的文件?

如果它在那里,您可以转到“./Gilans Encounter Counter/utils”文件夹并在该位置打开命令提示符吗?

image.png.0d433de25152ac8cf61ed8d296abbe51.png

然后在命令提示符中输入以下内容:

GilanFontGenerator.exe "../cache/fonterArgs.json"

例如:

image.png.ac209adbb851bc21fd9399cd4b18cd4e.png

然后按回车运行命令。

然后,您能否报告它给出的输出(最好在 PM 中,以防文件路径中有个人信息)?

719861980_DYPDFGMZWS8AGMBB1NPH.png.35a24a21be40fd6ed9290dc362a39ea0.pngThere is a file called "fonterArgs.json" in the './Gilans Encounter Counter/cache' folder.

I tried to open GilanFontGenerator.exe, nothing happens.

9 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Ayee, I just cleared the gecDebug.log file and it works perfectly fine. By far the best counter i've used, thanks a lot for this my man ❤️ Keep up the good work, the community appreciates this a lot.

8 minutes ago, YoitzzTB said:

Yea, the black box appears at start up of the GEC counter application. The gecDebug.log is populated with 

ERROR:root:gecException:
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 940, in find_best_match_confirm
cv2.error: OpenCV(4.5.2) C:\Users\runneradmin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-req-build-1y7gm6kn\opencv\modules\imgproc\src\templmatch.cpp:588: error: (-215:Assertion failed) corr.rows <= img.rows + templ.rows - 1 && corr.cols <= img.cols + templ.cols - 1 in function 'cv::crossCorr'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1306, in run_app
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1152, in detect_new_encounter
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 948, in find_best_match_confirm
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'shape'

1 minute ago, YoitzzTB said:

Ayee, I just cleared the gecDebug.log file and it works perfectly fine. By far the best counter i've used, thanks a lot for this my man ❤️ Keep up the good work, the community appreciates this a lot.

Ah ok. Yeah that bug is something that I've been struggling to fix, because it's not reproduceable. I think it's occurring because the app fails to find the PokeMMO window for some reason, even though it's open. Will implement code to handle it in the future and hopefully it will prevent it from occurring again...

8 minutes ago, MsGardevoir said:

719861980_DYPDFGMZWS8AGMBB1NPH.png.35a24a21be40fd6ed9290dc362a39ea0.pngThere is a file called "fonterArgs.json" in the './Gilans Encounter Counter/cache' folder.

I tried to open GilanFontGenerator.exe, nothing happens.

Just to make sure... It must be run in the Command Prompt as I showed in my previous post. Just running the .exe by double clicking on it will not work.

If you did run it through the command prompt, and nothing occurred, is it possible an anti-virus is blocking it? For it to give no feedback at all is unusual.

24分钟前,Gilan 说:

只是为了确保......它必须在命令提示符中运行,正如我在上一篇文章中展示的那样。仅通过双击运行 .exe 是行不通的。

如果您确实通过命令提示符运行它,但没有任何反应,是否有可能是防病毒软件阻止了它?因为它根本不提供反馈是不寻常的。

687106816_QQ20210922233802.thumb.png.805aec4ae2029ffcc69ca2b07e6d7abb.pngSorry, my previous operation may be wrong, now cmd is running

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gilan, do you have like a git repo where the source is hosted for this tool? I can see that much of it is written in Python and I have some experience in software development with Python, I'd like to have a poke to see if I can port it to Linux without too much trouble. Do you have any technical documentation or will I have to work it out by myself?

1 hour ago, DamianTe said:

Hey Gilan, do you have like a git repo where the source is hosted for this tool? I can see that much of it is written in Python and I have some experience in software development with Python, I'd like to have a poke to see if I can port it to Linux without too much trouble. Do you have any technical documentation or will I have to work it out by myself?

I will always support your mad obsession with Linux , you got this ?

1 hour ago, MrMalz said:

I will always support your mad obsession with Linux , you got this ?

I will do almost anything to avoid using Windows, MacOS is better except that it comes attached to Apple's hardware and pricetags

Plus it fits the Porygon branding :^)

Edited by DamianTe
added snarky comment

For me it doesnt working. I make everything right.

The Black Window opens and the counter is there but doesnt count anything. 

My Rom Language is German. UI Skaling is 1.0. Theme is the same as in the Video.

I changed the Theme for Tests too.

I using the HD Mod but tried it without that mod too.

I change my window to borderless. 

The Debug Files are empty.

Nothing works. What can i do?

Edited by ScufBr3cher