[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

6 hours ago, LuukyPuuky said:

I can sir indeed, there were 3 things in there. 

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-11 085659.jpg

hmm, you appear to be on an old version. Did you install the tool from the google drive link or the media fire link? I'm wondering if I forgot to update the file in google drive or something...

This error used to occur because I had a list of client languages that I would check against when pulling the client language from the main.properties file of PokeMMO. It worked fine for the default client languages, but broke when you used a custom string (as I would try to check the custom string language name against my list and fail to find it, thus the KeyError). I've since fixed this.

3 minutes ago, Gilan said:

hmm, you appear to be on an old version. Did you install the tool from the google drive link or the media fire link? I'm wondering if I forgot to update the file in google drive or something...

This error used to occur because I had a list of client languages that I would check against when pulling the client language from the main.properties file of PokeMMO. It worked fine for the default client languages, but broke when you used a custom string (as I would try to check the custom string language name against my list and fail to find it, thus the KeyError). I've since fixed this.

I have reinstalled via the media fire link.

I do currently use the custom Mister string and awkways told me it is compatible with your counter. 

1 hour ago, LuukyPuuky said:

I have reinstalled via the media fire link.

I do currently use the custom Mister string and awkways told me it is compatible with your counter. 

Can you switch to English client language in-game, and then boot up the encounter counter app. Confirm it isn't working in that case and then open that same gecDebug.log file and see if the error has changed?

Wondering if it's an error due to the header of the mister strings having 'nk' as its identifier, when the string filename is strings_mr.xml

2 hours ago, Gilan said:

Can you switch to English client language in-game, and then boot up the encounter counter app. Confirm it isn't working in that case and then open that same gecDebug.log file and see if the error has changed?

Wondering if it's an error due to the header of the mister strings having 'nk' as its identifier, when the string filename is strings_mr.xml

Okey i went back indeed to the normal string of english, and it booted up just fine. it works again but i don't know if that is a coincidence so i will test it more often right now. There is no picture needed of the debug script because there are no errors that are occuring. 

After some testing I have discovered it is indeed the Mister string that is causing the problem of the black box not occuring and that will be the problem of the counter not working. 

"Wondering if it's an error due to the header of the mister strings having 'nk' as its identifier, when the string filename is strings_mr.xml" --> as i found out it definitely is. 

37 minutes ago, LuukyPuuky said:

Okey i went back indeed to the normal string of english, and it booted up just fine. it works again but i don't know if that is a coincidence so i will test it more often right now. There is no picture needed of the debug script because there are no errors that are occuring. 

After some testing I have discovered it is indeed the Mister string that is causing the problem of the black box not occuring and that will be the problem of the counter not working. 

"Wondering if it's an error due to the header of the mister strings having 'nk' as its identifier, when the string filename is strings_mr.xml" --> as i found out it definitely is. 

Okey Atlewis helped me with it and i just had to replace the whole strings and leave the header of the string. I fixed it now.

Great help thank you Gilan!

On 1/13/2022 at 8:19 PM, ZeroWithCapitalZ said:

Hello Gilan thank you for this amazing tool,it works like a charm. But i have a little problem here my menu for the counter is zoomed in,i reinstalled the mmo and the gec package too but it  shows the same. Is there any solution for this? 

164212601732720220113_172344.jpg

yes, you can scroll (mouse wheel or two finger swiping on touchpad) when it is like that. The gui can't be resized currently.

You aren't the first person to get tripped up by it, I should make it more obvious you can scroll down.

Edited by Gilan

I keep getting this error message.. Can you give me a fix if possible thank youuu ♥

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 882, in <module>
  File "gui.py", line 663, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 448, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 285, in __init__
  File "json\__init__.py", line 299, in load
  File "json\__init__.py", line 354, in loads
  File "json\decoder.py", line 339, in decode
  File "json\decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

23 hours ago, itsjustafox said:

I keep getting this error message.. Can you give me a fix if possible thank youuu ♥

File "gui.py", line 882, in <module>
  File "gui.py", line 663, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 448, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 285, in __init__
  File "json\__init__.py", line 299, in load
  File "json\__init__.py", line 354, in loads
  File "json\decoder.py", line 339, in decode
  File "json\decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

unfortunately requires a complete uninstall and reinstall of the GEC.

I am working on some pretty major changes to the GEC and will provide updates when I can. Among the major changes being worked on are:

- Fix saving, so no more corrupted save files

- Rewriting gui code in Java (per pixel alpha transparency, aka really cool custom themes will be possible), I'm not as strong in Java as I am in Python, so this is taking some time

- Improved customization of the tool (greater control of how you want your GEC to look)

- Backend improvements

- Simplified mode (this will work like legacy encounter counters, it won't count by species, but will at least provide functionality where my more sophisticated method doesn't work for certain users)

- Minimize to tray

- Other stuff

2022 will be a good year.

Hi Gilan! I was using the GEC and it was working before, however now I cant even open the exe file as it shows this

File "gui.py", line 19, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 971, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 955, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 665, in _load_unlocked
  File "PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 546, in exec_module
  File "pywinauto\__init__.py", line 89, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\findwindows.py", line 42, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\controls\__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\controls\uiawrapper.py", line 47, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 181, in <module>
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 169, in _build_pattern_ids_dic
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 50, in __call__
  File "pywinauto\uia_defines.py", line 63, in __init__
AttributeError: module 'comtypes.gen.UIAutomationClient' has no attribute 'CUIAutomation'

Thanks in advance!

Hey, @Gilan

I tried to get into this amazing experience with your mon encounter, however, I'm either missing something, or is it not working for me...

The main problem is - there is no black screen poping off. Encounter does turn on, but it doesn't count anything.

So I started from the basics..

I downloaded it from Mediafire link. Zipped it out.

Encounter file looks like it's in required place, at: C:\Program Files (x86)\PokeMMO\data\mods\Gilans Encounter Counter

Tried to change interface scale, but realized that it won't make a change as the black screen does not appear when lauching the GEC.exe file.

Debug files are empty. I tried doing the trick with "fonterArgs.json" in the './Gilans Encounter Counter/cache' folder.

When opening a Command Prompt in that location with CMD method, it opens the cmd and after entering ntGenerator.exe "../cache/fonterArgs.json" it gave me this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PokeMMO\data\mods\Gilans Encounter Counter\utils>GilanFontGenerator.exe "../cache/fonterArgs.json"

C:\Program Files (x86)\PokeMMO\data\mods\Gilans Encounter Counter\utils>Error code [193] when trying to load jvm.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Error: failed to load VM runtime library!

I'm confused and looking for any solution..

Btw, my PC is 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. Windows 10 Pro

I also wonder if I need to somehow add this as mod in pokemmo client, but I guess not, since it's not showed in your video.

Would you lend me a hand in this situation?

For those that are having issues right now, I'm sorry, my only response at the moment is to do a clean reinstall. If that doesn't work then I'm sorry. Currently working on a very updated version (a big overhaul), so I'd rather not spend my time debugging for the old version... I hope you can understand.

lWT41MI.gif

Spoiler

showing off semi-transparency and GIF animation that's possible in the upcoming version. Should open a whole new world to customization of the tool.

Even cooler ?

mX3FA7Y.gif

Testing pulling a GIF image from the web, making necessary modifications, and then displaying it. Have to unoptimize gifs to work properly (otherwise they kinda tend to bug out)

Edited by Gilan
8 hours ago, GodArthur said:

image.png.43dec94ff5638fb1c6044b248b7f2013.pngI have solved the problem of shortcuts, but why this program does not work, it does not record the number of encountered monsters.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:10 PM, Gilan said:

For those that are having issues right now, I'm sorry, my only response at the moment is to do a clean reinstall. If that doesn't work then I'm sorry. Currently working on a very updated version (a big overhaul), so I'd rather not spend my time debugging for the old version... I hope you can understand.