[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

4 hours ago, EMINENCIA said:

I think is against rules if you run the game directly. But if you only run a tool, would be a fault too?

The tool will not work in the situation you are describing.

32bit is still not supported, sorry.

hello, been using the counter for a little while no with no problem until recently.qbout a week ago my frames have been dropping likr crazy ONLY when the ecounter is running. it never did this before.i hve a decent dektop so the frame drops im getting arre kinda ridiculous... anyone having these same problems or any fixed this this already?

2 hours ago, PumpActionWang said:

hello, been using the counter for a little while no with no problem until recently.qbout a week ago my frames have been dropping likr crazy ONLY when the ecounter is running. it never did this before.i hve a decent dektop so the frame drops im getting arre kinda ridiculous... anyone having these same problems or any fixed this this already?

I have noticed that this happens, though I cannot really figure out why. Usually disabling v-sync/free-sync in the pokemmo settings helps alleviate the framerate issue.

It might also be an issue of PokeMMO thinking that it is unfocused (I think there's a setting that decreases framerate when it's not in focus), which might be a result of how I overlay the tool.

Status update on me and my plans for this tool.

So, I haven't released an update for the tool in some time. I have not abandoned it by any means. However, I haven't had too much time recently to work on it. Work and personal life (was on a camping trip, and then thanksgiving trip, got a girlfriend recently, etc.) has taken up a ton of my time, I've very little free time at the moment.

I likely won't be working on the tool again until January.

Thank you to everyone who has at least tried out my tool, and I apologize to those for which the tool does not work. There have been well over 3,100 downloads of my tool and that doesn't count the google drive link (cause it doesn't show # of downloads). Makes me really happy that my work has been used by so many people around the world for a game that I've always had a lot of passion for.

I will work on making the tool even better come January, I am even thinking of completely overhauling the code to better conform to how I want to tool to look and operate. There are a plethora of features and fixes that need to be implemented, and I appreciate everyone's patience with me.

Sincerely,

Gilan

Hey fellow people,

I got a problem with launching this tool with a batch file.

Somehow the game launches but the tool crashes while trying to launch.

image.png.5cd5ed649b1425d6d2483dd28bb03a85.png

Any help or fixes on that?

Here is the code: 

start D:\PokeMMO\PokeMMO.exe
start D:\PokeMMO\data\mods\"Gilans Encounter Counter"\GEC\GEC.exe
exit

Edited by LyNix

Has there been any update to this tool to make it more stable if you alt tab the game window while playing? I remember wanting to use it because it doesn't count mons that I kill or fight multiple times if I'm not able to instantly run, however it wasn't consistently counting if I alt tabbed to check a discord message or start up a new youtube video for example.

12 hours ago, ReArtI said:

when i want to start it i am told is it a virus? 

If you installed it from the link in the first post of this thread, then no it is not a virus. Anything flagging it as a virus is a false positive. The version that is currently released to the public was reviewed by the PokeMMO staff.

Of course all this means is that you’re trusting my word and that the pokemmo staff did a thorough review. But, I’d like to think I’m a fairly trustworthy member of the community, I’ve been here a long time and was a Game Master twice.

Also, there are more than 3,500 downloads of this app with no reports of it messing with people’s systems.

13 hours ago, Grashopper said:

Hi everyone!
Would love to have this encounter mod, sadly when copying the zip file into my mods folder it doesnt show up for me in the in-game "Mod Management" options like all the other mods do. 
Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

you are doing nothing wrong just run the file

On 12/18/2021 at 6:53 PM, Grashopper said:

Hi everyone!
Would love to have this encounter mod, sadly when copying the zip file into my mods folder it doesnt show up for me in the in-game "Mod Management" options like all the other mods do. 
Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

It’s an application package. Please follow the installation instructions as seen in the video on the original post.

On 12/7/2021 at 12:16 AM, LyNix said:

Hey fellow people,

I got a problem with launching this tool with a batch file.

Somehow the game launches but the tool crashes while trying to launch.

image.png.5cd5ed649b1425d6d2483dd28bb03a85.png

Any help or fixes on that?

The batch file doesn't work since the application searches for the files inside user's name when a shortcut is created. 

A workaround I found goes like this~

(i) copy the the target field's of PokeMMO and GEC, in your case

• start "" "D:\PokeMMO\PokeMMO.exe" 
  • start "" "D:\PokeMMO\data\mods\Gilans Encounter Counter\GEC\GEC.exe" 

(ii) Then just save the notepad as 'name.bat' and SAVE it in either the folder which has the GEC app or the debug folder in the GEC Mod's Folder. It seems to work for me in either of those two folders.

(iii) Then you can just create a shortcut of that bat file and move it anywhere ya like and it'll open both the apps. If you wanna pin it to the taskbar or start menu, just open the target field by clicking properties of the bat file which is not the shortcut(aka name.bat here) and type '/cmd c' in the beginning and you'll be able to pin it. 

• 2 weeks later...
于2021/9/22 PM8点49分,Gilan 说:

One of your custom string files is bad. It is lacking a proper header. Please fix it, or remove it from your strings folder.

image.png.9737b9240bbf990e68a595716d929bc5.png

I have the same problem, can you tell me how to find and delete them in the file

On 1/5/2022 at 7:47 PM, MissSamus said:

the encounter stopped working for me after the winter event.  is there any info on how to get this mod working again?

Yeah, as you've found out.. re-installing fixes this problem. But the real question is.. how does this keep happening? I had it happen once, others have had it happen more often. It just randomly stops working and after a clean re-install it works again.

This wouldn't be a major issue, but you do lose your data. I'm wondering if there's a way in the files where I can retrieve my encounter data, for if it crashes again that is. Could someone point me in the right direction perhaps?

17 hours ago, BoltBoy said:

image.png.9737b9240bbf990e68a595716d929bc5.png

I have the same problem, can you tell me how to find and delete them in the file

For example, in the default strings_en.xml file this is the header:

image.png.7270653e8546137034e01bfd4e9c32db.png

For me, english is my primary strings file (i.e. if there is a string id missing in the strings file you currently have select, like a custom strings file, then it will default back to this english file to look for the string). Only one of the xml strings file should have is_primary set to a value of "1", all others should be "0".

Example of one of my custom strings file:

image.png.12fbe67130917eb128ee92cb38a034ef.png

You can open and edit xml files in plain text editors like Notepad.

13 minutes ago, ZwoeleAnjer said:

Yeah, as you've found out.. re-installing fixes this problem. But the real question is.. how does this keep happening? I had it happen once, others have had it happen more often. It just randomly stops working and after a clean re-install it works again.

This wouldn't be a major issue, but you do lose your data. I'm wondering if there's a way in the files where I can retrieve my encounter data, for if it crashes again that is. Could someone point me in the right direction perhaps?

Keep the files in config and saveData, and transfer them to new install. If this causes it to not work also, then unfortunately your old data is lost ?

I had thought I made the saving robust enough, but clearly not, and will be improving it in the future.

-Gilan

Hey Gilan, 

For some reason the counter doesn't count anymore. I have tried to reinstall the whole thing again and still it doesn't count.

I don't know what is wrong with it and maybe you do know. 

- It opens up fine

- I can change the theme's 

- I can do any setting i want basically

- When I encounter a pokemon there is not a little sprite seen on the encounter counter

- When I encounter a pokemon there is not a number adding up

One thing is that I do have a custom string for texts being faster. This string has not been updated since beginning of the halloween event. How could i remove that string and reinstal the normal string? 

+ I have reinstalled it and still it doesn't work

Update on the strings --> i replaced it with the normal strings but still it doesn't work 

Update: I think i have found the problem (together with awkways) the black box doesn't show up when i open it --> no number will show up next to the pokeball when openend

Encounter counter not working.jpg

Edited by LuukyPuuky
6 hours ago, LuukyPuuky said:

Hey Gilan, 

For some reason the counter doesn't count anymore. I have tried to reinstall the whole thing again and still it doesn't count.

I don't know what is wrong with it and maybe you do know. 

- It opens up fine

- I can change the theme's 

- I can do any setting i want basically

- When I encounter a pokemon there is not a little sprite seen on the encounter counter

- When I encounter a pokemon there is not a number adding up

One thing is that I do have a custom string for texts being faster. This string has not been updated since beginning of the halloween event. How could i remove that string and reinstal the normal string? 

+ I have reinstalled it and still it doesn't work

Update on the strings --> i replaced it with the normal strings but still it doesn't work 

Update: I think i have found the problem (together with awkways) the black box doesn't show up when i open it --> no number will show up next to the pokeball when openend

Can you give me the contents of the gecDebug.log file in the debug folder?