[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

8 hours ago, DamianTe said:

Hey Gilan, do you have like a git repo where the source is hosted for this tool? I can see that much of it is written in Python and I have some experience in software development with Python, I'd like to have a poke to see if I can port it to Linux without too much trouble. Do you have any technical documentation or will I have to work it out by myself?

The code is not publicly available. This is intentional, and I do not have plans to release it in the future, sorry.

My main reasoning for this, is that I do not want people to take my code and build illegal (botting) programs with it.

It’s also the reason that the included license file explicitly states that use of my code without explicit written consent from me is forbidden.

4 hours ago, ScufBr3cher said:

For me it doesnt working. I make everything right.

The Black Window opens and the counter is there but doesnt count anything. 

My Rom Language is German. UI Skaling is 1.0. Theme is the same as in the Video.

I changed the Theme for Tests too.

I using the HD Mod but tried it without that mod too.

I change my window to borderless. 

The Debug Files are empty.

Nothing works. What can i do?

Please get into a wild battle with my app open. Click on my app and try left ctrl+f, and see if it counts anything.

If not, please note down the Pokedex ID of the wild pokemon. Then click on my app and hit left ctrl+d. Enter the pokedex ID number in the pop-up dialogue box. Then in a private message here on the forums, send me the generated images in the debug folder.

so i downloaded the mod yesterday, and it seemed to be working perfectly fine, untill i closed it once and tried to open it up again. it showed me this

image.png.47c055eebe458c8c8e9d7e3d9ff8af74.png

i tried uninstalling and installing it again a couple of times, but every time when i close it once and try to open it up again it shows me the exact same error.
using windows 10 64. bit 
i made a shortcut on my desktop to the GEC.exe which i've kept in the folder.

any clue on what i could do?

*edit: i also tried it without making a shortcut of the exe*

Edited by eensteen
1 hour ago, eensteen said:

so i downloaded the mod yesterday, and it seemed to be working perfectly fine, untill i closed it once and tried to open it up again. it showed me this

image.png.47c055eebe458c8c8e9d7e3d9ff8af74.png

i tried uninstalling and installing it again a couple of times, but every time when i close it once and try to open it up again it shows me the exact same error.
using windows 10 64. bit 
i made a shortcut on my desktop to the GEC.exe which i've kept in the folder.

any clue on what i could do?

*edit: i also tried it without making a shortcut of the exe*

there’s a flaw in my saving methodology that should hopefully be addressed in my next update. But, it’s curious this is happening every time you close the app.

Are you closing the app through the close button in the settings ui or closing it from the windows task bar or letting it close with pokemmo? Or are you closing it via a different method (ie task manager)?

Have you named your Profiles and/or Hunts? If so what did you name them exactly?

When you reinstalled, did you completely delete the previous installation (ie delete the full Gilans Encounter Counter folder)?

3 hours ago, Gilan said:

there’s a flaw in my saving methodology that should hopefully be addressed in my next update. But, it’s curious this is happening every time you close the app.

Are you closing the app through the close button in the settings ui or closing it from the windows task bar or letting it close with pokemmo? Or are you closing it via a different method (ie task manager)?

Have you named your Profiles and/or Hunts? If so what did you name them exactly?

When you reinstalled, did you completely delete the previous installation (ie delete the full Gilans Encounter Counter folder)?

The first time i closed it through the close button in the menu, the rest i just closed it via the windows bar.
I did not name any of my hunts i just let it count.
and for the first time i just redownloaded the pack without uninstalling and for the rest i deleted everything before installing again but it basically did not make a diffrence.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ternyla said:

Hey! 
It is not working for me, the black window is not showing up. The debug file sais this. image.png.7a89098973638205f614849130ed6432.png

There is something wrong with your main.properties pokemmo file. My program is trying to read it, but there’s a weird character in there that doesn’t conform to utf-8 encoding.

Can you private message me your main.properties file? (./pokemmo/config/main.properties)

1 hour ago, MalseTijger said:

I love the fact that the file gets flagged as Trojan and riskware by 2 anti virus software's, mind explaining yourself?image.thumb.png.062428d644315ef7014836feff1c916d.png

If you are going to state red flag(s) in the .exe or the entire program .zip, please provide the link next time so all can see what you were referring too. I have added the link below from virustotal.com.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/522a2ed02db95dbd3d8522cb3e45ade922ab3bad1358d217030bbf0dd5e8c9c9/detection

To add to this, I truly believe these are just false positives. Especially considering @Gilan had to go through the painful process of having his program dissected to ensure it does not contain any malicious software and that it worked. If you take a look closely, majority of the BIG anti-virus software names do not flag anything within the program files indicating any type of risk for malicious software. I can safely say at this point that this more likely a false positive within the few anti-viruses flagging this.

And lets be real... "riskware".. ? lol. That is the literally the most ridiculous term I have ever heard. Any software ever used will always be considered riskware. Period.

2 hours ago, MalseTijger said:

I love the fact that the file gets flagged as Trojan and riskware by 2 anti virus software's, mind explaining yourself?image.thumb.png.062428d644315ef7014836feff1c916d.png

When I uploaded this it did not throw any flags. I have to run it through virustotal and send to the pokemmo staff team, who also run it and do other tests I am not privy to before approving.

These are indeed false positives. I can assure you there is no embedded virus to my program.

I am actually surprised it is now throwing false positives. I will look into this.

In regards to the false positives, this does not look like something I can fix. The antivirus program that is flagging it is some Chinese-Based company (I’m US based). I will be unable to communicate with them.

I submitted my app originally to virustotal on September 17th 2021 and nothing was flagged.

@Darkshade Should I remove the download link until I somehow figure out how to resolve this? Genuine question as I don’t want to get in trouble because some antivirus thinks my app is bad.

9 hours ago, Gilan said:

In regards to the false positives, this does not look like something I can fix. The antivirus program that is flagging it is some Chinese-Based company (I’m US based). I will be unable to communicate with them.

I submitted my app originally to virustotal on September 17th 2021 and nothing was flagged.

@Darkshade Should I remove the download link until I somehow figure out how to resolve this? Genuine question as I don’t want to get in trouble because some antivirus thinks my app is bad.

@Gilan I personally would not bother at all. Jiangmin Antivirus has been throwing false positives for several years. It's frankly ridiculous not to trust 23 other well known, if not famous databases, Avast, Kaspersky, etc.

GEC scans clean on the latest Malwarebytes update.

Results:
https://0bin.net/paste/hbL12ikO#vtums-4IW0T377O6U+WEfmCFa8H7cujL7D+C/uyPE5t

JSON dump:
https://0bin.net/paste/3csXcbLz#DUGAnf8sY67Mr26y05Ca2P3d0NtvF6FbwFxeZzEtO5U

Version: 4.4.10.144
Components Version: 1.0.1499
Update Package Version: 1.0.47068

https://www.softperfect.com/contact/knowledgebase.php?article=13

https://groups.google.com/g/virustotal/c/iRq5Ojn4W8k?pli=1
https://www.reddit.com/r/antivirus/comments/gp7v18/virus_total_virus_in_vlc_jiangmin_antivirus_engine/

They've had a notorious history of software needing to be added to their whitelists. Perhaps now that it appears that Opswat has acquired the engine, you might have some luck in regards to actually contacting someone now.

https://www.opswat.com/partners/jiangmin

K7 Antivirus is an American-based company as well.

https://www.k7computing.com/us/

69273175.jpg

Edited by nurver9
formatting
2 hours ago, EternalSinsX said:

Any Help? Not sure what i need.

64 bit windows 10 

IssueGilian.PNG

What is your OS build?

For example, my OS build is 19043.1348

You should be able to see this from the "About your PC" settings page

• 2 weeks later...

Counter is generally working great, except one time where it randomly added a few hundred floatzel encounters during my Electabuzz hunt. I think I had pokemmo minimized at a time when I'd encountered a floatzel horde, and when I came back it had changed the number. I haven't been able to recreate it, so it's possible I forced it to get stuck in a loop or something.

Also, just FYI, I get this error when I try the data dump, but it's probably got something to do with the saving methodology you mentioned in a previous post.

image.png.5aa60f654d5737425cc9420f3eea049f.png