Why are the Gym Leaders stupidly harder

I have been playing platinum and I am on the ice gym but there is one more pokemon added which makes it so f-ing hard to do and the levels are made higher then normal this is so f-ing annoying and is making me broke from buying more supplies making gyms even harder. This just annoys me so f-ing much

Hello! I don't have a definitive reason as to why everything's harder, but I can give my best guess. The games were made for a younger audience and thus never really had any challenge to it. I imagine they wanted the game to actually give you a challenge. If you're having a tough time, try grinding to the level cap, change up your team, or maybe even get a pokemon from the gtl. Ice is weak to rock, fighting, fire and steel, so try to use some of those types to help you out! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling though ?

The gyms were made harder both because the target age group isn't small children like it is in the originals, and to make players better at the game when they beat it than they were when they started it to better prepare them for the more difficult postgame content and PvP. Amusingly, this often involved level reductions instead of level increases though to compensate for the better builds the trainers were given here, especially in Sinnoh since the original Platinum seemed to like to solve its balancing problems with high levels alone.

Most of the challenges in the game can be overcome with a reasonably balanced team after a bit of training, or by changing the way you approach them. With a new move, strategy, or party member (the GTL can speed this up), you should be able to come out on top after a few tries. The AI is usually very predictable, so if you remember how it reacts to any particular situation, you can often make a switch at the same time to something that gives you an advantage, such as switching to a fire type on a turn that you know it's probably going to use an ice move. Prediction will take you far in this game.

The game is pretty hard, but as long as you're willing to either grind a bit or try new things when your usual tactics don't work, there's always a way forward.

whats issue you having against ice gym? i had no issue since ive been doing speedrun with right team, i find it ice gym is a jokes but what kind issue you having problem? your high levels are dying? or cant counter? or cant use any other pokemon to backup? or ? 

what i mean right team is ive been using Empoleon and nidoking and krook and staraptor and magneton and jellicent to beat them doing storyline unless you talking about level 100 rematch version.

now currently im using nidoking and empoleon and swampert and scraggy and litwick and dodrio on my team i still dont have issue since i've already figured how to counter and sacrifice 1 pokemon (i got no tank to keep it alive then switch) to backup from any status problem that i might die (paralyze or frozen or poison or sleep kills me more than burn do )

• 3 weeks later...

The stupid Mamoswine is so stupidly hard it just spams earthquake and with ice I CAN'T DO ANYTHING AGAINST IT and the other pokemon that stupid Weavile is some how FASTER THEN MY POKEMON 4 LEVELS HIGHER THEN IT. THAT STUPID THING OUTSPEEDS MY HIGHER LEVEL TEAM. And the whole team switch thing in the first part of the battle MAKES IT SO DAMN HARD TO PREDICT HER TEAM. I have had it with this stupid gym I knew I should have played a DS Platinum ROM so I don't have to deal with shit like this

40 minutes ago, Tsukajii said:

It will take to long to get on my teams level so no ITS NOT EZ

I gave you a solution and you say it's too hard to level and give moves to one Pokemon that will make your playthrough a piece of cake.

Rather you would prefer to triple post complaining in caps lock on your own thread.

Good luck dude...

7 minutes ago, Bryce said:

I gave you a solution and you say it's too hard to level and give moves to one Pokemon that will make your playthrough a piece of cake.

Rather you would prefer to triple post complaining in caps lock on your own thread.

Good luck dude...

Im too far in to remove a member