[GUI Customization] Create your own PokeMMO theme (Theme Shop)

Create your own PokeMMO theme (Theme Shop)

By: AnonymousPoke

Hello everyone! I have decided to put my skills to use for the entire PokeMMO community. I have recently ventured into creating PokeMMO themes and I thought, why not make some themes for the entire community (for a cost of course). Below I have an example of what I have completed and posted within the client customization section and to show how far and heavy changes I can go with creating a theme. I initially setup a tier list system for you to choose from, but I decided to take a similar approach to what @Staggiie has done a previous GUI Theme Shop. Below my example work, I will have an outline/template to help guide how you want the theme done ?

*Note: There is no technical timeline to get "your" theme done. I will work to get them done asap and payment will not be required until I have the theme completed. I will PM you my IGN once your theme is completed for the price you have agreed to send over for my time and effort.

My Work:

Template Submission:

IGN: ??? (So I know who I am working with)

Theme: ??? (Needs to be Pokémon related or color theme related)

Additional Info: ??? (Anything more specific you want to put about the theme)

Price: ??? (You name the price)

Please post in this thread below with your template submission and I will look to get started on it. Just remember, I will put time and effort into these themes and I will make sure they are perfect as if they were my own theme I created.

*** THIS IS FOR PC GUI ONLY. I WILL LOOK TO ADD ANDROID GUI SUPPORT IN THE FUTURE ***

Install Instructions (Once you have the theme I created):

1.) Download the theme I have created for you.

2.) Unzip and extract the folder to: \PokeMMO\data\themes

3.) Open PokeMMO

4.) Go to Settings -> Interface -> Theme

5.) Select: (Your Theme Name)

Edited by AnonymousPoke
  • AnonymousPoke changed the title to [GUI Customization] Create your own PokeMMO theme (Theme Shop)
2 minutes ago, Staggiie said:

I once upon a time had a theme shop here

I've been away for 14 months so I closed it. I let ppl choose their price. Now if I open mine back up I'ma feel like I'm stepping on your toes oof lol 

Nice! Yeah I understand what you mean. If that is what you decide, that is all up to you. The main reason I chose 3 tiers is to help simplify the process and of course the amount of money attached to the tiers. Lets be real, it takes time and effort to make a theme.. especially a super customized one. I feel the prices are reasonable.

Glad to see someone come up with this. 

As much as I'd like to make a custom one for myself through you, I don't think I'm knowledgable or articulate enough to actually do justice to the amount of money I'd be paying. I guess I'll think on it and contact you ?

6 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

Glad to see someone come up with this. 

As much as I'd like to make a custom one for myself through you, I don't think I'm knowledgable or articulate enough to actually do justice to the amount of money I'd be paying. I guess I'll think on it and contact you ?

I have modified my main post for a 4th tier list called "blended" that would better help with the price amount one is spending. Get to pick and choose what you want per say ? 

Whatever you decide, not a problem at all. I would say throw anything and everything at me with what you would like to see in the theme and I should be able to do reflect that in the theme quite well. But as mentioned, whatever you decide.

1 hour ago, AnonymousPoke said:

Lets be real, it takes time and effort to make a theme.. especially a super customized one. I feel the prices are reasonable.

I had alot of generous people actually that chose to give me quite a bit. It was what helped me buy/breed all my current 60+ comps. But yeah I understand, it is alot of work. I got pretty overwhelmed with it eventually bc I just got SO MANY requests one after another, after another. And there's always a few that will PM you asking for such and such changes and to patch the themes everytime there's a new update. It gets wild. Almost like a part time job. Trust me, I know the work it takes. I'd get hand cramps from all the GIMP editing and a headache looking at all the coding.

I prioritized people that were paying more of course but I considered it practice to do the free or cheap requests at my leisure. It's your gig tho so of course do it how you want. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do or anything.

My point actually was that IF I decide to make themes again (I've only been back playing 4-5 days and had 3 people ask me if I was gunna start again) they would come to me since I don't charge, I take donations, it would be cheaper for the same thing. And that would step all over this gig you're starting. So it's a bit of a pickle.

Not saying I'm gunna start back. I told the ppl that asked that I didn't know and would think about it. But NOW...oof...you beat me to starting again. Well done xD

No biggie tho. I'm probably not gunna do themes again anytime soon because that would be rude af to you. I wish you the best and have fun! If you need any help with anything, let me know.

15 hours ago, Staggiie said:

I had alot of generous people actually that chose to give me quite a bit. It was what helped me buy/breed all my current 60+ comps. But yeah I understand, it is alot of work. I got pretty overwhelmed with it eventually bc I just got SO MANY requests one after another, after another. And there's always a few that will PM you asking for such and such changes and to patch the themes everytime there's a new update. It gets wild. Almost like a part time job. Trust me, I know the work it takes. I'd get hand cramps from all the GIMP editing and a headache looking at all the coding.

I prioritized people that were paying more of course but I considered it practice to do the free or cheap requests at my leisure. It's your gig tho so of course do it how you want. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do or anything.

My point actually was that IF I decide to make themes again (I've only been back playing 4-5 days and had 3 people ask me if I was gunna start again) they would come to me since I don't charge, I take donations, it would be cheaper for the same thing. And that would step all over this gig you're starting. So it's a bit of a pickle.

Not saying I'm gunna start back. I told the ppl that asked that I didn't know and would think about it. But NOW...oof...you beat me to starting again. Well done xD

No biggie tho. I'm probably not gunna do themes again anytime soon because that would be rude af to you. I wish you the best and have fun! If you need any help with anything, let me know.

Yeah, that is somewhat my goal. I want a way to fuel some money to me so I can start building COMP teams but also assist with the PokeMMO community with there own themes they would like. I look forward to the many request as you have mentioned, but I know I am going to eat my own words in the future if I get busy with lots of request.

I think prioritizing them is just being logical and realistic to be honest and no hard feelings here at all. I definitely didn't think you were stepping on my toes or trying to tell me what to do, so all good.

I still stand by what I said... if you want to come back and do the theme shop thing, then go for it! It is not about being rude or anything of that nature. Let's be real, we have different styles of work so someone could choose what they would want similar to the type of car they choose from different dealerships. lol.

*I will say, I thought about it and I have revamped my original thread to somewhat of a similar approach (I might as well copied you at this point) and decided to let the person name the price as that would be fair. Maybe down the road do a tier list system once I have done many requests and built a good foundation. So, I appreciate the idea! ?

• 2 weeks later...