Johto Message

EricRasp

Question

12 answers to this question

8 hours ago, EricRasp said:

a small disclaimer/info box right below the HG/SS rom

I can almost guarantee you this won't stop people from asking. Almost in the same as how people still ask what ivs and what evs are despite the info being written on the pokemon summary page itself.

image.png.2bcc28cc0c94adb774e190dda36f25fb.png

So yea I think its not the best idea instead what the devs should be focusing is giving me an unlimited flying carpet vanity kek.

Edited by BrokenJoker
3 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

I can almost guarantee you this won't stop people from asking. Almost in the same as how people still ask what ivs and what evs are despite the info being written on the pokemon summary page itself.

So yea I think its not the best idea instead what the devs should be focusing is giving me an unlimited flying carpet vanity kek.

That's the thing, the info for IVs/EVs needs to be accessed by hovering over it. This suggestion is to lay the info out bare so they have no choice but to read it. 

You know whatelse people are forced to read through and still ask questions about?....the mother flipping story. Despite the game freezing up all npcs around you and in some cases blacking out the screen (except for the text )until you go "through the text" people still ask story related stuff they were clearly told how to do even though they were forced to read it.

So no forcing people to read it won't solve the problem.

11 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

You know whatelse people are forced to read through and still ask questions about?....the mother flipping story. Despite the game freezing up all npcs around you and in some cases blacking out the screen (except for the text )until you go "through the text" people still ask story related stuff they were clearly told how to do even though they were forced to read it.

So no forcing people to read it won't solve the problem.

You must be a Johto fanatic. 

So, just because you think it won't work out the suggestion is invalid? You know how many questions about the story people are not asking? Thats because they could read and process the information hence understanding it. If your argument is that people still ask questions about the story even though they can read, then what about all the questions they don't ask because they understood? 

Keep in mind that this is a suggestion area. It's not up to me to decide if this suggestion would solve the problem. The devs have their own judgement. I never said that this would solve the whole problem of people crying out for Johto. But, I'm sure that this will help reduce the amount of people asking. 

I think the suggestion is invalid cause attempts to force people read to stuff in the past hasn't stopped them from asking what was clearly explained to them in the text. Implementing this suggestion to "shut them up" would be like doing the same thing over and over again and expect to get a different result.

yes your original post implied your suggestion would stop people from asking

12 hours ago, EricRasp said:

Please just shut them up

Pretty sure that doesn't mean reduce the number of people asking. 

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

Pretty sure that doesn't mean reduce the number of people asking. 

You probably don't know what a joke is. It's alright, I understand. 

I think the suggestion is invalid cause attempts to force people read to stuff in the past hasn't stopped them from asking what was clearly explained to them in the text. Implementing this suggestion to "shut them up" would be like doing the same thing over and over again and expect to get a different result.

There is often no 100% solution to anything. I think that's pretty evident. Nobody is forcing anybody to read something. All I'm saying is to put it out there in the open and if people want to read it, they will. 

This suggestion was merely suggested to hopefully reduce the amount of people asking the question. I know that there are dummies out there that will read it and continue to forget about it. Just like how we look at our watch to know the time, only to look at it again because we didn't pay attention the first time. 

yes your original post implied your suggestion would stop people from asking

Not really since the shut them up part was a joke. 

You're clearly confused and are bad at telling jokes

1st you suggest

4 hours ago, EricRasp said:

This suggestion is to lay the info out bare so they have no choice but to read it.

which essentially forces people to read it

Then you go on to say this

1 hour ago, EricRasp said:

Nobody is forcing anybody to read something.

Well you are the one who is suggesting people get put in a position where "they have no choice but to read"

And then you go on to say this 

1 hour ago, EricRasp said:

All I'm saying is to put it out there in the open and if people want to read it, they will.

The info is already out there you just have to open your eyes.

Please actually read those chats and see that what ever infos you wanted to address on that tiny little space has already been mentioned in those chats and more. Therefore putting infos about it on there would be redundant ,wouldn't offer as nearly as much info as what they find here and would be a complete waste of time. 

5 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

You're clearly confused and are bad at telling jokes

1st you suggest

which essentially forces people to read it

Then you go on to say this

Well you are the one who is suggesting people get put in a position where "they have no choice but to read"

And then you go on to say this 

The info is already out there you just have to open your eyes.

Please actually read those chats and see that what ever infos you wanted to address on that tiny little space has already been mentioned in those chats and more. Therefore putting infos about it on there would be redundant ,wouldn't offer as nearly as much info as what they find here and would be a complete waste of time. 

Many people do not use forums so expecting people to go to the forum and search is just a bad idea. Its the equivalent of people asking those questions in discord. 

Once again, nobody is forcing you to read. The information is out there and you can read if you want to or just ignore. 

I've got to thank you for this ez publicity. We can keep this charade running for a couple pages. Always nice to get more eyes ^^