Confirmation Price from Selling Pokémon/Item in GTL

Voeux

Question

12 answers to this question

I just realized recently how bad this oversight is.

It is a HUGE problem imo.  I've actually been burned 3x now for around 100k each time for lack of confirmations.

You can laugh at user error, but interface design should prevent glaring problems.

The biggest issue is touch screen devices, it's WAY too easy to accidentally hit sell when trying to change the DEFAULT $100 price!

And when you make that mistake, as I found out, it gets bought literally instantly, you have no time to even cancel your listing.

Tbh it's almost designed to cause this pain to people.  :(

And the default sell price should probably have no value (certainly not $100!) or it just shouldn't light up the sell button until the user has modified the price.  This is extremely easily fixed by any of these methods.

And somewhat as bad, as the NPC shop not having Buy Confirmation.

This has also burned me.  Touch screen might not register your item selection, so you hit buy without double checking and end up with some useless $30k TM that you have try and dump for $2k.

I pray to the devs to resolve this!  <bows>

(also praying this lack of confirmation wasn't set up as an intentional money sink...)

2 hours ago, ReekRend said:

I just realized recently how bad this oversight is.

It is a HUGE problem imo.  I've actually been burned 3x now for around 100k each time for lack of confirmations.

You can laugh at user error, but interface design should prevent glaring problems.

The biggest issue is touch screen devices, it's WAY too easy to accidentally hit sell when trying to change the DEFAULT $100 price!

And when you make that mistake, as I found out, it gets bought literally instantly, you have no time to even cancel your listing.

Tbh it's almost designed to cause this pain to people.  ?

And the default sell price should probably have no value (certainly not $100!) or it just shouldn't light up the sell button until the user has modified the price.  This is extremely easily fixed by any of these methods.

And somewhat as bad, as the NPC shop not having Buy Confirmation.

This has also burned me.  Touch screen might not register your item selection, so you hit buy without double checking and end up with some useless $30k TM that you have try and dump for $2k.

I pray to the devs to resolve this!  <bows>

(also praying this lack of confirmation wasn't set up as an intentional money sink...)

I repport one bug relationed with this. Is about "," and ".", that system of Pokemmo counts like decimal separator. And because this, you list a pokemon in GTL writting this : 8,999 . And GTL Put: $1000.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:37 AM, Financier said:

This was suggestes like 30 times here, never implemented. 

So what you're saying is, the Devs are sadistic?

I thought it was interesting that they permaban people for "GTL scamming" (sorry to bring that up) for taking advantage of too-quick buyers' remorse, but they have it set up for sellers to get scammed by interface mistakes/no confirmation and snipers are allowed to smash.

Perhaps the Devs should be banned for setting that up?  I mean I feel like they are scamming me when it happens.

Ha-ha just kidding.

But srsly add confirmation dialogs to everything else or ban yourselves.  :)

Why only rescue the buyers who DO get a confirmation?  :(

And they limit markup price to 10% but you are free to hit the wrong pixel and lose an item at 99% markdown?  :(

23 hours ago, ReekRend said:

So what you're saying is, the Devs are sadistic?

I thought it was interesting that they permaban people for "GTL scamming" (sorry to bring that up) for taking advantage of too-quick buyers' remorse, but they have it set up for sellers to get scammed by interface mistakes/no confirmation and snipers are allowed to smash.

Perhaps the Devs should be banned for setting that up?  I mean I feel like they are scamming me when it happens.

Ha-ha just kidding.

But srsly add confirmation dialogs to everything else or ban yourselves.  ?

Why only rescue the buyers who DO get a confirmation?  ?

And they limit markup price to 10% but you are free to hit the wrong pixel and lose an item at 99% markdown?  ?

No, i was just saying that this was suggested, but never implemented. Tf are you on about? 

51 minutes ago, Financier said:

No, i was just saying that this was suggested, but never implemented. Tf are you on about? 

Just joking.

If it's such a popular suggestion, and an obvious issue hurting players, you'd think a simple solution of confirmation dialog would have been added.  I am honestly a bit surprised if it's already been suggested that much.

Lol I just lost 120k on Android again from this issue.

Perhaps it isn't intentionally sadistic, I haven't seen the Android client on other devices so maybe the devs don't know how the interface looks on some?
I do want to say that they've done an amazing job on all the cross-platform clients and it all works beautifully, as a programmer myself I am extremely impressed.

So on my 2000x1000px android phone, not only is the GTL Sell dialog tiny, but the box to input price is actually smaller than the Sell button, and it about half a centimeter above it.  In between is the Fee box, which is also smaller than the Sell button.

Maybe on different Android devices this layout comes out differently?  I know it can be difficult to design interfaces that look right in every display system.

But on my device it's ridiculously hazardous, very easy to accidentally brush Sell while trying to set the price.

Why does it even have a $100 default?  Leave the price blank, so it can't be sold until the user sets a price (will prevent most mistakes and snipe griefing, not all).

And please add confirmation dialog, that would prevent close to 100% of mistakes and snipe griefing (and further complaints).

I'm not expecting interface to be fixed for every possible device, I really appreciate all of the hard dev work so far.

See screenshot, it only just occurred to me that maybe this wasn't intentional.... (the tiny layout; now the lack of confirmation I still question... )

Keep in mind this is a touchscreen, my thumbprint is bigger than the price/fee/sell button all together.

Screenshot_20210915-120151_PokeMMO.thumb.jpg.412ebf05bf039d9faf28c1e7b46ed283.jpg