Ban king's rock from PvP

JorgeFirebolt

Question

There's no need to explain why, it's frustrating to play a PvP, be about to win, you still got a counter vs Cloyster, and then, from nowhere, when cloyster just sets up Shell smash, tada, you get flinched!

It's literally one of the most unhealthy PvP items. For those who say that "King's rock is ok 'cause paraflinch exist eksdee", paraflinch can be stopped by lots of things like natural cure users, electric types, or heal bell cleric users, while king's rock cloyster is just a spammy unhealthy mon with no solid counter if boosted and flinch is done to it's counter.

It's not healthy to have a broken wallbreaker such as Cloyster with a 41% to flinch it's enemy and a 10% on each move. I bet I'm not the only one who was having a good match, close to win, then king's rock cloyster comes from nowhere and flinches the pokemon that can stop him. (Example: Magnezone, reuniclus, metagross, chansey/blissey at full health, cofagrigus, etc...)

Just ban it, it's the most unhealthy thing you can see on this PvP metagame. I'm open to any against argument and to answer them.

Edited by JorgeFirebolt

204 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, jvxyz said:

Ok.

unknown.png

Let me use one argument that players that posted here use:
All counters, except lucario, can be flinched and doesn't work against cloyster. And all pokemons you posted here, except conkeldurr guts flame orb, can receive TOXIC, and with spam of recover moves, is easily countered

Edited by caioxlive13
4 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Let me use one argument that players that posted here use:
All counters, except lucario, can be flinched and doesn't work against cloyster. And all pokemons you posted here, except conkeldurr guts flame orb, can receive TOXIC, and with spam of recover moves, is easily countered

If you weren't dumb you would understand that I put in some wallbreakers...

On 7/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, jvxyz said:

Well, let's check. Garchomp is most used physical. And the opposing pokemon is Physical wall. When you trade to a special attacker to try to counter... You depend of 10% chance to opponent miss toxic. if toxic hits, he can trade for a special wall, and try to set up a hazard. An kept trading until your wallbreak dies.

Volcarona now, he is a special wall. No players that play decenty PvP, leave volcarona in front of a chansey, unless volcarona is your last pokemon. If you trade or not, the next move is certain a toxic. If you trade for a scizor, ok, but if it other pokemon that don't are steel type, you receive a toxic. Synchronize? well, doesn't work, because chansey have natural cure.

You understand now? lucario is our only counter for cloyster, and from same argument and way to think, except conkeldurr, that can buff itself with toxic, all wallbreaks you're talked can be easily countered by toxic + trade from a wall to resist for the type of wallbreak(Physical or Special)

On 7/9/2021 at 8:48 PM, caioxlive13 said:

You understand now? lucario is our only counter for cloyster, and from same argument and way to think, except conkeldurr, that can buff itself with toxic, all wallbreaks you're talked can be easily countered by toxic + trade from a wall to resist for the type of wallbreak(Physical or Special)

need from predict, and if you're always badly poisoned, doesn't a good idea kept badly poisoned pokemons in field. and if you predict wrong, you can lose, like use fake out in a low life lucario. he have a chance of not faint and can have Steadfast, boosting speed of him after flinch.

Edited by caioxlive13
6 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Volcarona now, he is a special wall. No players that play decenty PvP, leave volcarona in front of a chansey, unless volcarona is your last pokemon. If you trade or not, the next move is certain a toxic. If you trade for a scizor, ok, but if it other pokemon that don't are steel type, you receive a toxic. Synchronize? well, doesn't work, because chansey have natural cure.

Safeguard Volcarona is the premier stallbreaker set though. Also you're comparing toxic to a 125 BP (+ STAB) multi hit move from a +2 pokemon that can flinch you half the time.

Stop sidetracking

15 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

image.png.b705b1fba73b3700bcd9f923bc2aa81e.png
Well, Huargensy talk to me who is healty and who isn't, but look at this team? Is healty play against that and guarant a 50+ turns match?

I thought I would not answer you anymore, because you are ridiculous and hard-headed to understand, but since you mentioned me, because you probably ran out of meme answers, yes, I have a 6 walls team that I have not used for months because under pZ, you can check the replays if you are such a fan of me, I play offense in uu. Do you know that pZ nasty knocks down the whole team, right? I myself said in the first comments that I put in this forum that I played every style of game, from offense balanced and stall. Is there a problem? The guy from the SS sent me a message asking me for a team cake, and said he liked it and well played, he knows well that it is a form of play, you can't understand it? Why do you keep making a fool of yourself? Stop comparing an item of luck and that stopping it is not in your hands with something that if you can stop using your head and building well, luck should not be a deciding factor in a competitive game and that is what you want to do, stop crying because you feel bad and they end up wallowing you, you have a brain, use it to differentiate luck and skill in a game (Since you are a fan of mine, I put you ss of my teams that I usually use)

Screenshot_20210710-095741.png

IMG_20210710_100330_058.JPG

I kept talking, the ban of king's rock leave meta of pokemmo, that have 150k of varietys defensive sets, with more options of defensive set and less offense sets.
And, for players that think Cloyster King's rock is "OverPowered", players that play with cloyster knows: Is better focus sash to safety use Shell Smash. Is not a good idea king's rock, especially that , even 4% players use lucario, you can found one and be countered.

Edited by caioxlive13
57 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I kept talking, the ban of king's rock leave meta of pokemmo, that have 150k of varietys defensive sets, with more options of defensive set and less offense sets.
And, for players that think Cloyster King's rock is "OverPowered", players that play with cloyster knows: Is better focus sash to safety use Shell Smash. Is not a good idea king's rock, especially that , even 4% players use lucario, you can found one and be countered.

Look, if you do not understand with words, I hope that with tests you will do it, here is a replay of a duel of later generations, in case you go out with "the walls this and that" it is a balanced team shooting offense, so you can see that this affects To all types of game, 3 counters that are supposed to weaken it only ended up being dead weight due to an indicated recoil, there the cancer of the item, luck is something that should be avoided as much as possible and that item only promotes it more https://youtube.com/watch?v=-X7mfKBfWag&feature=youtu.be

On 6/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, caioxlive13 said:

Stall is a legitimate strategy. I don't play stall but there's things to stop it if you know what you're doing.

I never did play much pvp, I'll admit. In fact, I'm back after a 14 month break, but pokemon is pokemon. Team theory crafting is a constant and you have to be able to evolve with the meta (assuming nothing is OP hax BS) such as this King's Rock, Quick Claw issue. 

When I still played early last year, those items were banned, as they should be.

How do you deal with stall without those? Simple. There's multiple options:
-Taunt
-Encore
-Set up on them w/ Substitute (sub blocks the dreaded Toxic you're so afraid of)
-Trick a choice item onto them
-Perish Song

Or just simply use a counter to it. Chansey for example, strong fighting types will scare it out. Conkeldurr especially. It can't be Toxic'd it it's running Flame Orb + Guts because it will already be status'd. Breloom, another good one.

If Toxic is a huge issue, run Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, subs, Pokemon that can't be Toxic'd, Safeguard, etc.

There's plenty of options. Form a strategy against a problem. Your team has to be prepared for a variety of opposing strategies, Stall included. Just use your head. Critical thinking...what a concept. 

And lastly, if you have to use RNG hax to win, you're bad.

Edit: Holy fuuuuu someone remind me how to post images lmfao

Edited by Staggiie

This discussion should have been over a long time ago if we just muted Caio and his ramblings. As much as I'm an advocate of listening to both parties fairly, Caio has made it clear that no matter what the other side says he is not willing to back down. It's pointless to discuss this further as everyone has made their case adequately. Just mute the guy and get this over with. 

On 7/11/2021 at 3:24 PM, PedroLindoUnico said:

I think King's Rock IS unhealthy but the only thing that I say is that makes no sense ban it having another things allowed.

I totally agree. But getting rid of King's Rock is just the stepping stone for the changes that we desperately need (also remember that there is one more item that can cause flinches, I believe razor claw or something like that), which also include evasion-boosting abilities, bright powder, quick claw, dugtrio and hell knows how much more. But for now, one thing at a time- let's actually start with something and get rid of what bothers us the most.

On 7/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, caioxlive13 said:

I forgot one mention: Cloyster King's rock is 25% of cloysters found in meta gaming. And 8% of players use cloyster.
0,08/4 = 8/400 =4/200 = 2/100 =1/50 = 0,02 = 2%. Counter for Cloyster King's rock is 4%, but 2% of players use cloyster king's rock. 

And now, if is really overpowered, why 2% of players use cloyster king's rock?

1° - Don't is a good choice, once time that focus sash leave us with chance to set up shell smash. it is better
2° - Is a 50/50 against walls, but RNG some times f*** you.
3° - The principal counter have 2x more usage than cloyster king's rock, and checks for him have more usage.

It is a pathetic nerf if ban him, because a little amount of players use it. And this only give more advantage for walls, that dominate meta gaming.

Is unhealthy, yes, i agree, is unhealty depend of RNG. But kept 100+ turns in match, and play with the PP of opponent moves is more unhealty

Edited by caioxlive13
On 7/9/2021 at 1:36 AM, caioxlive13 said:

Well, comparate. Chansey wins 51% of matchs, and he is a tank.
image.png.ef40251de18fc7b7b970dc978bb413d3.png
One volcarona have 16,24%. Oh my god, less sucess comparate to Chansey and Blissey
image.png.eecff98b30b449f8bd5af84b62301aa8.png
Rotom-Wash, according to matchmaking, a wall.
image.png.d41b353ec691d33d36740d876b9880c3.png
OMG, he have more sucess that Gengar and Volcarona.

Let's check win rate.

image.png.e4836d0ecbafc902d84227c163e40cf3.png
The best victory rate is from nidoqueen, a Never Used pokemon, but checking only pokemons that have 10% or more usage, Rotom-Wash Again.
See now? Walls are best checking Win Rate.

You seem confused about Pokémon roles so I'll explain some of them to you. First of all, Chansey is a wall, not a tank. The difference between both generally comes down to reliable recovery and offensive presence. In Rotom-Wash's case, it's not a wall, but rather a defensive pivot. Unlike pure walls, it can actually come in and grab momentum from your opponent, usually through U-Turn/Volt Switch. And what benefits most from that? Offense. Balance. Not Stall. Another role for Rotom-W is Defogger. I don't think I need to explain this one, or how well Rotom-W performs at it. And then you compare both of them to... Volcarona. I'm not even gonna go there. Also to your last point you mention Nidoqueen but leave out Mamoswine. Yup, offense sucks. Stall king. 

Edited by LifeStyleNORE
On 7/12/2021 at 7:46 PM, LifeStyleNORE said:

You seem confused about Pokémon roles so I'll explain some of them to you. First of all, Chansey is a wall, not a tank. The difference between both generally comes down to reliable recovery and offensive presence. In Rotom-Wash's case, it's not a wall, but rather a defensive pivot. Unlike pure walls, it can actually come in and grab momentum from your opponent, usually through U-Turn/Volt Switch. And what benefits most from that? Offense. Balance. Not Stall. Another role for Rotom-W is Defogger. I don't think I need to explain this one, or how well Rotom-W performs at it. And then you compare both of them to... Volcarona. I'm not even gonna go there. Also to your last point you mention Nidoqueen but leave out Mamoswine. Yup, offense sucks. Stall king. 

Because of this i separate pokemons in 3 categorys:
Wall/Defense : With more defensive function in team
Support: With more support function in team, like Setting up Hazards, Clearing them, set up Tailwind, taunt walls, put up Reflect/Light Screen, etc.
Offense: With your function in team of attack with offense forçe. Includes WallBreaks and Offenses.

On 7/12/2021 at 7:58 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Because of this i separate pokemons in 3 categorys:
Wall/Defense : With more defensive function in team
Support: With more support function in team, like Setting up Hazards, Clearing them, set up Tailwind, taunt walls, put up Reflect/Light Screen, etc.
Offense: With your function in team of attack with offense forçe. Includes WallBreaks and Offenses.

Rotom, with a defensive pivot, is a defensive, even having offense moves, your function is more, tank.

there are pokemon that have ability to avoid flinch, stop crying and accept that they won't change, and also counts by rng, by chance, there were other changes like garchomp sword dance that were banned,because they are not a chance, but every time they are used they work, in addition to the ability to break the flinch strategy, there is a move called knock off that takes the opponent's item.
One additional Info: I make the calc and 1,22% of wins of all matchmaking, the winner have a cloyster king's rock. if you want to test, make this calc(I only calculed with the number and if have decimals result, i count only the 2 first decimal numbers)
9% of players use cloyster
48,36% of players that used cloyster win with him. 
Calc 48,36% of 9 = 9 . 0,4836 = 4,36 
4,36% 
of matchs is win with cloyster in team.
28,19% of cloyster that win matchs, are holding a king's rock.
Calc 28,19% of 4,36 = 4,36 . 0,2819 = 1,22 
the players that defend this nerf really want a ban of "overpowered item" that 1,22% of players used and win with this. This is closest to the usage of charizard in OU. stop crying, and forfeit for this ban.

I prefer to play original luck-based pokemon games. You guys really no fun, need to accept u can lose against a crit or endless freeze or confused to hit yourself or paralysed to unknown number of rounds. If you nerf everything, this will not be fun anymore. Please go and play chess. Everyone has same pieces with no difference.

3 hours ago, LimonluSoda said:

I prefer to play original luck-based pokemon games. You guys really no fun, need to accept u can lose against a crit or endless freeze or confused to hit yourself or paralysed to unknown number of rounds. If you nerf everything, this will not be fun anymore. Please go and play chess. Everyone has same pieces with no difference.

Congrats, you create courage to protect the meta pokemon. We need more players like that, to make difference, and don't let the minory try to control the PvP

On 7/12/2021 at 12:58 PM, caioxlive13 said:

I forgot one mention: Cloyster King's rock is 25% of cloysters found in meta gaming. And 8% of players use cloyster.
0,08/4 = 8/400 =4/200 = 2/100 =1/50 = 0,02 = 2%. Counter for Cloyster King's rock is 4%, but 2% of players use cloyster king's rock. 

And now, if is really overpowered, why 2% of players use cloyster king's rock?

1° - Don't is a good choice, once time that focus sash leave us with chance to set up shell smash. it is better
2° - Is a 50/50 against walls, but RNG some times f*** you.
3° - The principal counter have 2x more usage than cloyster king's rock, and checks for him have more usage.

It is a pathetic nerf if ban him, because a little amount of players use it. And this only give more advantage for walls, that dominate meta gaming.

Is unhealthy, yes, i agree, is unhealty depend of RNG. But kept 100+ turns in match, and play with the PP of opponent moves is more unhealty

So let's enable the withering moves and the evasion moves, and if only 1% of the players will not be a problem, you are a genius, here it does not matter how many people use it or not, the problem is the item and its effect, no how much they can use it, if they enabled the fulminating moves probably only a minority use it, but that minority will only be winning their duels due to its rng factor, I don't know why you still don't understand it

mods just lock this thread Jesus Christ. Extremely sad that the Admins always do the same fucking shit. Give some snobby vague reply because they can not justify any of their ludicrous reasoning, then let the thread derail by some clueless PVE player which has no idea what he's talking about.

We get it, these shitty items no one likes are here to stay. We'd all much rather you had some transparency and decency to justify this choice rather than avoiding the topic at hand or deflecting. But yet again we are all used to it.

Pretty disappointing. 

Edited by Lvkee
On 7/13/2021 at 2:46 PM, Huargensy said:

So let's enable the withering moves and the evasion moves, and if only 1% of the players will not be a problem, you are a genius, here it does not matter how many people use it or not, the problem is the item and its effect, no how much they can use it, if they enabled the fulminating moves probably only a minority use it, but that minority will only be winning their duels due to its rng factor, I don't know why you still don't understand it.

RNG factor that f*** some players, like me, that miss 3 OVERHEAT with infernape.
50% chance, only in multi-hit moves. 
And, before argument, read this:

On 7/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, caioxlive13 said:

there are pokemon that have ability to avoid flinch, stop crying and accept that they won't change, and also counts by rng, by chance, there were other changes like garchomp sword dance that were banned,because they are not a chance, but every time they are used they work, in addition to the ability to break the flinch strategy, there is a move called knock off that takes the opponent's item.

And remake or adapt our copypasted team. this won't change and you still win tanking, and players still use this to win some matchs, winning for walls, and lose to the first special fight-type that found

On 7/13/2021 at 4:01 PM, Lvkee said:

mods just lock this thread Jesus Christ. Extremely sad that the Admins always do the same fucking shit. Give some snobby vague reply because they can not justify any of their ludicrous reasoning, then let the thread derail by some clueless PVE player which has no idea what he's talking about.

We get it, these shitty items no one likes are here to stay. We'd all much rather you had some transparency and decency to justify this choice rather than avoiding the topic at hand or deflecting. But yet again we are all used to it.

Pretty disappointing. 

If really this is OverPowered, at least 20-30% of players need to use. and 1,22% of players use. Following your critery usage, this is only a common strategy used by minory that Hyper Offense team doesn't have any work to counter, Balance easiy lose our walls, and stall don't win.

The Cry, is allowed

Edited by caioxlive13
4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

If really this is OverPowered, at least 20-30% of players need to use. and 1,22% of players use. Following your critery usage, this is only a common strategy used by minory that Hyper Offense team doesn't have any work to counter, Balance easiy lose our walls, and stall don't win.

The Cry, is allowed

Usage has nothing to do with something being overpowered. It's the same brainlet excuse people who want Landorus-Therian to be banned from Smogon tiers have been using for years despite more overpowered/unhealthy pokemon/strategies having less usage.

4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

RNG factor that f*** some players, like me, that miss 3 OVERHEAT with infernape.
50% chance, only in multi-hit moves. 
And, before argument, read this:

And remake or adapt our copypasted team. this won't change and you still win tanking, and players still use this to win some matchs, winning for walls, and lose to the first special fight-type that found

There are Pokemon that have the ability to always hit, doesn't mean we should allow evasion boosts. Same applies with sturdy and OHKO moves.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:26 PM, suigin said:

Usage has nothing to do with something being overpowered. It's the same brainlet excuse people who want Landorus-Therian to be banned from Smogon tiers have been using for years despite more overpowered/unhealthy pokemon/strategies having less usage.

Talk this to players that sayed some pages earlier, that lucario is a useless in OU with 4% usage. I sayed, Usage isn't a doccument.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:26 PM, suigin said:

There are Pokemon that have the ability to always hit, doesn't mean we should allow evasion boosts. Same applies with sturdy and OHKO moves.

Don't allow evasion boost, it is fair, but the most part of hax is part of the game, like 10% miss overheat, Toxic 90% acc. 

And for contrary your argument: Toxic Cannot Miss even if your pokemon are in a semi-invulnerable turn, if used by a poison-type. But, he don't ban 2-turn attack with semi-invunerable turn.

7 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Talk this to players that sayed some pages earlier, that lucario is a useless in OU with 4% usage. I sayed, Usage isn't a doccument.

Don't allow evasion boost, it is fair, but the most part of hax is part of the game, like 10% miss overheat, Toxic 90% acc. 

And for contrary your argument: Toxic Cannot Miss even if your pokemon are in a semi-invulnerable turn, if used by a poison-type. But, he don't ban 2-turn attack with semi-invunerable turn.

Once again, usages  has nothing to do with what people told you about lucario. When are you coming out and telling us you're just a troll account for clowning around?

On 7/15/2021 at 6:09 AM, razimove said:

Once again, usages  has nothing to do with what people told you about lucario. 

Well, players talk that if the pokemon is low usage, he don't be a good choice in PvP, and the same players talk: Usage doesn't matter for potential of Pokemon.

No comments.
First: Calculate the Win rate of strategys.
Second: Look for possible counters and "checks"
Third: If this is your difficult to win with your copypasted teams and sets, read the two lines of text before, and adapt our team. I reccomend you go to Casual plays to test your new strategy. Example:

If you have trouble with Physical Walls and Cloyster, try to adapt our team to receive a special infernape. the set? try to search. The result: Physical walls certainly don't have trained some Special Defense, or your base stat special defense is low. With a special move, the chance of Hit Kill is high. And for cloyster, to him flinch, if he haves a king's rock, need to use ice shard, that only hit 1 time,10% flinch, or Rock Blast/Icicle spear, 50% flinch. And if you use Vaccum Wave? Well, or he faint without cause any trouble, or use ice shard and count with a 10% flinch chance

On 7/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Example:

If you have trouble with Physical Walls and Cloyster, try to adapt our team to receive a special infernape. the set? try to search. The result: Physical walls certainly don't have trained some Special Defense, or your base stat special defense is low. With a special move, the chance of Hit Kill is high. And for cloyster, to him flinch, if he haves a king's rock, need to use ice shard, that only hit 1 time,10% flinch, or Rock Blast/Icicle spear, 50% flinch. And if you use Vaccum Wave? Well, or he faint without cause any trouble, or use ice shard and count with a 10% flinch chance

"Physical walls certainly don't have trained some Special Defense, or your base stat special defense is low." - One example is Skarmory, Tank every physical move, but... Your special defense is low, the only thing that prevent him from take OHKO is your ability Sturdy. Nothing than a Mold Breaker pokemon doesn't stop
"And for cloyster, to him flinch, if he haves a king's rock, need to use ice shard, that only hit 1 time,10% flinch, or Rock Blast/Icicle spear, 50% flinch. " - For this reason, cloyster is better focus sash. The special defense of him is low, after shell smash? A special lucario doesn't have any trouble to faint him. A special Infernape counts with 10% flinch if cloyster try to use ice shard, but if he use any other move, it is Over to cloyster.

I talked for a example, this is more cases from our Unique Pokemmo PvP. 
Aim for a Better PokeMMO for all!

On 7/15/2021 at 8:52 PM, caioxlive13 said:

"Physical walls certainly don't have trained some Special Defense, or your base stat special defense is low." - One example is Skarmory, Tank every physical move, but... Your special defense is low, the only thing that prevent him from take OHKO is your ability Sturdy. Nothing than a Mold Breaker pokemon doesn't stop
"And for cloyster, to him flinch, if he haves a king's rock, need to use ice shard, that only hit 1 time,10% flinch, or Rock Blast/Icicle spear, 50% flinch. " - For this reason, cloyster is better focus sash. The special defense of him is low, after shell smash? A special lucario doesn't have any trouble to faint him. A special Infernape counts with 10% flinch if cloyster try to use ice shard, but if he use any other move, it is Over to cloyster.

I talked for a example, this is more cases from our Unique Pokemmo PvP. 
Aim for a Better PokeMMO for all!

Pros portugueses que não entenderam, tradução:
"Walls Fisicos certamente não tem uma defesa special bem treinada, ou sua stat base de Defesa Special é baixa" - Um exemplo é Skarmory, ele tanka qualquer move fisico, mas... Sua defesa especial é tão Ridicula que só o sturdy pra não deixa-lo tomar OHKO. Nada que um pokemon de Mold Breaker não resolva
"Para um Cloyster flinchar o oponente, se ele tiver a king's rock, ou usa ice shard(que acerta 1 vez, então a chance é 10% de Flinchar) ou Rock Blast/Icicle Spear(Acertam 5 vezes, então a chance é ate 50% de Flinchar)" - Por esse motivo, cloyster é melhor Focus Sash. A special defense dele já é baixa, depois do shell smash então? Lucario com set special não tem problema nenhum em dar o OHKO nele. Infernape com Set special, o que pode parar ele é a 10% de chance flinch do ice shard, que não causa nada de dano no infernape. Se o cloyster não ir de Ice Shard no infernape e tiver de king's rock, só aceita que ele tá morto.

Eu apenas citei um Exemplo, tem mais casos do nosso Meta Unico de PvP no PokeMMO
Alvejando um PokeMMO melhor pra todos!

Edited by caioxlive13