Change the dates for NU/UU Seasonal Crown Tournaments

Imperial

Question

I understand you're busy, but I'm hoping this will get some attention (alongside the other threads) @Kyu

Earlier today it was announced that Lucario will be suspect tested next month - 

The previous month we had Porygon-Z announced in the tier, which was centralising. Players have adapted to it since, but this is the problem I would like to address.

Lucario is even more centralising and a threat than Porygon-Z is/was (I won't go into detail as there's the above thread for that).

However the issue I have is that Lucario (alongside Porygon-Z previously) will take into effect when the seasonal crown tournaments begin meaning that players will have to adapt in a very short period of time (whereas once again OU and Doubles will have the tournaments taking place in the same meta).

Please all I ask amongst many others in the community - is to please change the dates for the UU and NU tournaments, moving them back a week or moving the tier changes a week later so players can either play in the same meta they've played for the last 3 months or can have enough time to adapt to the new changes.

Edited by Imperial

2 answers to this question

On 6/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, Imperial said:

I understand you're busy, but I'm hoping this will get some attention (alongside the other threads) @Kyu

Earlier today it was announced that Lucario will be suspect tested next month - 

The previous month we had Porygon-Z announced in the tier, which was centralising. Players have adapted to it since, but this is the problem I would like to address.

Lucario is even more centralising and a threat than Porygon-Z is/was (I won't go into detail as there's the above thread for that).

However the issue I have is that Lucario (alongside Porygon-Z previously) will take into effect when the seasonal crown tournaments begin meaning that players will have to adapt in a very short period of time (whereas once again OU and Doubles will have the tournaments taking place in the same meta).

Please all I ask amongst many others in the community - is to please change the dates for the UU and NU tournaments, moving them back a week or moving the tier changes a week later so players can either play in the same meta they've played for the last 3 months or can have enough time to adapt to the new changes.

i think that it's better only invert dates of UU/NU finals with the Doubles/OU dates. OU and Doubles doesn't have pokémon moving up too much than UU/NU. Since Garchomp's Ban, no pokemon have passed on Ubers. Doubles is played on Ubers tier, so never a pokémon will be banned of tier, after all, a pokémon being banned from doubles is the same of being Banned from competitive play. Now, UU and NU, their metagaming changes every season, because of high movement of that tiers. So, i'm on favor on doing those final season tours to UU/NU before tier changes, and after tier changes the final season tours for OU/Doubles