Ability to filter GTL Pokemon in multiple egg groups

Bryce

Question

Recently was trying to get Water Spout egg move on a Squirtle when I realized I had to essentially transfer the move across multiple egg groups, and to do this I had to find a specific Pokemon in BOTH of those egg groups.

I don't see any downside to adding a 2nd egg group filter when searching GTL that would only be used if applicable to specific Pokemon.

5 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Bryce said:

I had to find a specific Pokemon in BOTH of those egg groups

This is a rare case where only Wailmer/Wailord -> Remoraid/Octillery -> Squirtle

Can you specify for adding 2nd egg group filter?

In example above, if you search Water A, u won't get Wailmer/Wailord and still have to work backwards if not referring to any external source

4 minutes ago, Riesz said:

This is a rare case where only Wailmer/Wailord -> Remoraid/Octillery -> Squirtle

Can you specify for adding 2nd egg group filter?

In example above, if you search Water A, u won't get Wailmer/Wailord and still have to work backwards if not referring to any external source

I'm a little confused about what you're asking.

Yes you'd still have to work backwards a bit to find what's compatible with this intermediary Pokemon but at least you'd know what has to be a female and can make sure it can learn the egg moves of what you're trying to breed across. In this case Wailmer male with Water Spout bred with female Remoraid/Octillery, then bred again with another Remoraid/Octillery to become male to be bred with the female Squirtle.

I usually use PokemonDB for my questions regarding the game, but their egg groups listed aren't EXACTLY the same; Water 1/2/3 instead of A/B/C and the absence of a Chaos egg group. So I think adding a 2nd filter really has no downside.

11 hours ago, Bryce said:

I'm a little confused about what you're asking.

Because I don't understand your suggestion too lol. That's why I ask if you could be more specific.

Regarding water 1/2/3, they are a/b/c, just different wordings.

Chaos group is amorphous, humanoid = human-like

I used to use Bulbapedia listings, it's somewhat clearer for me

11 minutes ago, Riesz said:

Because I don't understand your suggestion too lol. That's why I ask if you could be more specific.

My suggestion is simply adding a 2nd egg group filter that can further reduce the pool of Pokemon to find those in both egg groups as opposed to just one.