Trader npcs in Kanto

ErnestoEsteban

Question

Now, I don't know if this was already reported, so here goes.

I wanted to trade the male Nidoran for the female Nidoran in the tunnel between Cerulean and Vermilion, and did it, but then, when I went down Route 11 to the building connecting it to Route 12, on the second floor, the trader npc requested a Nidorino, which I gave 'em, and he gave back a Nidorina. Why? Normally the traders in question request to trade pokemon of the opposite sex, that is, if the tunnel npc requests a male Nidoran, the Route 11 npc requests a Nidorina, and vice-versa.

If this is a bug, please fix it, otherwise, please explain this to me. :|

2 answers to this question

They are currently working correctly, both of those trades are males for females in the fire red game, they trade the rarer version in each game for the more common version, and because we used fire red as our base game, both of those trades were male->female.

7 hours ago, Munya said:

They are currently working correctly, both of those trades are males for females in the fire red game, they trade the rarer version in each game for the more common version, and because we used fire red as our base game, both of those trades were male->female.

Ah, i just checked Bulbapedia and you're right. Still, i wonder: what's the point of trading twice for effectively the same pokemon? It's something we can ask Nintendo/ GF, but since they're unavailable..