How bout add gen 6 mons?

Damakun

Question

5 hours ago, FighterChamp said:

Meanwhile PvP players

1080827829_images(7).jpeg.99370b561b2909182996c72028172d8f.jpeg

Idk if u read and understand everything up there, just like I've said, no megas and other stuff, I guess those gen 6 mons r not as OP as legendaries. 

Edited by Damakun

Okay, here's why I disagree on the whole Gen 6 stuff:

•X and Y is probably my least favourite games, due to its difficulty (being easier than Hoenn) because you have access to some amazing pokemon early, like Mega Lucario and the Kanto Starter

•Since its the worst gamewise, let's compare it to the recent generation. Sword and Shield has tougher gym leaders (with full teams) and a tougher champion compared to X and Y.

•Some species are actually forgetable, like Avalugg

•The only reason why everyone loves XY is because of the Anime, not the main games (which also happens to be the only reason why XY characters like Serena and Greninja became popular)

Lets get back to your suggestion. Implementing 90 new species require a lot of coding and there are no animated gen 6 sprites (in the classic gen 5 style)

36 minutes ago, RealMak said:

•X and Y is probably my least favourite games, due to its difficulty (being easier than Hoenn) because you have access to some amazing pokemon early, like Mega Lucario and the Kanto Starter

•Since its the worst gamewise, let's compare it to the recent generation. Sword and Shield has tougher gym leaders (with full teams) and a tougher champion compared to X and Y.

•The only reason why everyone loves XY is because of the Anime, not the main games (which also happens to be the only reason why XY characters like Serena and Greninja became popular)

Lets get back to your suggestion. Implementing 90 new species require a lot of coding and there are no animated gen 6 sprites (in the classic gen 5 style)

I hope they already think this idea before, just like puting Jhoto mons ingame even without Jhoto itself, and they r almost finish and release it in 2022 Lol. And put them on safari so every single papi will be happi

4 hours ago, Damakun said:

I hope they already think this idea before, just like puting Jhoto mons ingame even without Jhoto itself, and they r almost finish and release it in 2022 Lol. And put them on safari so every single papi will be happi

The reason Johto mons are in without having the region available is because they're natively available in the other games/regions we have access to. Kalos mons are not natively available in the earlier games.

5 minutes ago, kuplion said:

The reason Johto mons are in without having the region available is because they're natively available in the other games/regions we have access to. Kalos mons are not natively available in the earlier games.

Yea ikr

On 6/7/2021 at 11:45 PM, Damakun said:

I mean i don't mind bout the region, megas and other stuff, but those gen 6 mons only, just want to see and catch them in-game, maybe just put them in safari in Kanto/Sinnoh (rarity special).

1259a68266697b2e9f5806dba7b11f7c.gif

As a pvp player, I say this is a lousy idea.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, Damakun said:

Idk if u read and understand everything up there, just like I've said, no megas and other stuff, I guess those gen 6 mons r not as OP as legendaries. 

Talonflame, the Clefable, Togekiss and Gardevoir type changes, the type table changes, Goodra, Doublade, Noivern, Aegislash (!!!)

7 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

As a pvp player, I say this is a lousy idea.

I play pvp tho, obviously u r one of the people here who cries a lot about tier movement, and afraid of changes.

Mannn just play, have fun, and enjoy the game, staffs here r all great and always make things what's better for the game, and i appreciate everything they do here.

Honestly I really like people who cries a lot bout changes and criticize it, and there's people who will just accept it and just play with it, I mean that's makes the game more healthy, alive and balanced, and loved it.

7 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Talonflame, the Clefable, Togekiss and Gardevoir type changes, the type table changes, Goodra, Doublade, Noivern, Aegislash (!!!)

Mannn, adding new mons doesn't mean change older mons typing  :v

If they do it, I'll thank them for that, but if not, and think it's bad for the game, then I'll accept it, just like I've said I appreciate everything they do here, and they make things whats better for the game.

I think adding in Gen 6 Pokemon and type changes aren't bad ideas at all, as most of the severe balance issues in Gen 6's meta were related to megas (which is not being requested). Fairy typing will give Hydriegon and Garchomp solid counters and give steel/poison type moves more of a reason to exist. Really, the only problematic Pokemon I can see would be Aegislash (Greninja could also be an issue, but with the current lack of hidden abilities I doubt he'll be the uber monster he was). 

22 hours ago, Damakun said:

Honestly I really like people who cries a lot bout changes and criticize it, and there's people who will just accept it and just play with it, I mean that's makes the game more healthy, alive and balanced, and loved it.

I ask something, if the players themselves do not complain of an obvious imbalance, then who?

22 hours ago, Damakun said:

Mannn, adding new mons doesn't mean change older mons typing  :v

What would make 6th grade dragons like Goodra more dangerous

I can honestly describe this as harmful and unnecessary.
Harmful due to the imbalance that new mons like Talonflame would bring, such as putting a vague example to a metagame that is already something strange.
Unnecessary because they are asking to add something irrelevant when since 2018 they have been waiting for hidden abilities.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:26 AM, RealMak said:

The only relevant "argument" here is the last one. Everything above that is a non-sequitur. Also, X and Y numbered 69 (nice) pokemon at launch, with like one or two legendaries added later. That's the FEWEST new additions in any Pokemon game. Most are agreed that megas are too much for this game (even though a handful of Pokemon really did benefit in that they became competitive and it's a bit sad the feature made so many more overpowered Pokemon that much more broken). Megas aren't really on the table in this hypothetical.

As to the actual issue at hand:

It's not gonnna happen. Not any time soon, anyway.

I love lots of gen 6 pokemon (and I never saw the anime because I grew out of that shit long before gen 6 rolled around, lol) and would love to see them implemented. Noivern, Malamar, Greninja, Talaonflame, Aegislash, Trevenant--these are some of my favorite Pokemon. If the actual game were half as good as its actual Pokemon lineup, it'd have been a classic. I'd love to see these Pokemon appear in a GOOD game because they deserve it. Plus, I'd LOVE to see them with gen 5-style sprites if those could be sourced (that's a huge part of the problem with adding them, of course).  Metagamers are gonna whine, but just buy them some cheese to go with it because they always do that when new content comes around. We still get the odd uguu screeching about rolling the whole game back to gen 3. Whatever changes happen, the metagame will adapt, nerfs will happen where needed. Life will go on. People will complain either way. Content is king.

The devs will have to come up with SOMETHING for the future. Right now, they've still got Johto and Black/White 2 as the most likely contenders for new content. They don't need to resort to hacking in gen 6 pokemon, as much as I, personally, would love them for it. Hidden Abilities are still a thing that needs to be implemented (and woah boy, get ready for the PvP crowd pitch a screaming shit fit when then happens). There's plenty of more easily implemented content to mine from the roms already in use. This is a definite "no" for now. Check back in five or six years when this game is either dead or in desperate need of something new.

Edited by AnRae
3 hours ago, AnRae said:

The only relevant "argument" here is the last one. Everything above that is a non-sequitur. Also, X and Y numbered 69 (nice) pokemon at launch, with like one or two legendaries added later. That's the FEWEST new additions in any Pokemon game. Most are agreed that megas are too much for this game (even though a handful of Pokemon really did benefit in that they became competitive and it's a bit sad the feature made so many more overpowered Pokemon that much more broken). Megas aren't really on the table in this hypothetical.

As to the actual issue at hand:

It's not gonnna happen. Not any time soon, anyway.

I love lots of gen 6 pokemon (and I never saw the anime because I grew out of that shit long before gen 6 rolled around, lol) and would love to see them implemented. Noivern, Malamar, Greninja, Talaonflame, Aegislash, Trevenant--these are some of my favorite Pokemon. If the actual game were half as good as its actual Pokemon lineup, it'd have been a classic. I'd love to see these Pokemon appear in a GOOD game because they deserve it. Plus, I'd LOVE to see them with gen 5-style sprites if those could be sourced (that's a huge part of the problem with adding them, of course).  Metagamers are gonna whine, but just buy them some cheese to go with it because they always do that when new content comes around. We still get the odd uguu screeching about rolling the whole game back to gen 3. Whatever changes happen, the metagame will adapt, nerfs will happen where needed. Life will go on. People will complain either way. Content is king.

The devs will have to come up with SOMETHING for the future. Right now, they've still got Johto and Black/White 2 as the most likely contenders for new content. They don't need to resort to hacking in gen 6 pokemon, as much as I, personally, would love them for it. Hidden Abilities are still a thing that needs to be implemented (and woah boy, get ready for the PvP crowd pitch a screaming shit fit when then happens). There's plenty of more easily implemented content to mine from the roms already in use. This is a definite "no" for now. Check back in five or six years when this game is either dead or in desperate need of something new.

Not gonna lie, I don't hate the species that Kalos introduced to us, I just hate everything else ( The easy battles in the gyms/E4/Champion Diantha, The rivals, the missed opportunities (like, Korrina should have used her Mega Lucario in her gym battle, not outside). 

About the Mega Evolutions, I feel like its unbalanced..... a lot. Some species become broken due to their new mega evolution ( Mawile, Kangaskhan, Sableye, Salamence, Altaria, Manectric, Blaziken , Medicham and Lucario if we exclude all the legendaries that gain a mega evolution). Not only that, some pokemon deserved to get a mega but didn't (like Flygon in ORAS), making them not viable in competitive. In my personal opinion, Dynamax and Gigantimax is more balanced than Mega evolutions as all pokemon have access to it