WC4 Format Options (POLL)

Showdown Tier?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Showdown Tier?

2. 2. If we were to have a showdown tier, what would you prefer?

3. 3. Format?

• 5 Tiers (OU/UU/NU/LC/DUBS)
    • 8 Tiers (OUx2/UUx2/NUx2/LC/DUBS)
    • 6 Tiers (OU/UU/NU/LC/DUBS/Showdown)
    • 7 Tiers (OU/UU/NU/LC/DUBS/Manager's Choice x2)
    • 8 Tiers (OU/UU/NU/LC/DUBS/Showdown/Manager's Choice x2)

Be sure to answer the 2nd poll as well (can only fit 3 questions per post)! The plan is to have a tentative format settled and for signups to go up later tonight!!

@xJoseee @Limbow and @RysPicz will lead the host group from then onwards, and myself, @Aerun, and @MknsZblex will form the small council. See you all then!

2 hours ago, MathewMat said:

She has a point a lot of countrys lacked a player for showdown last world cup, and players where forced to play showdown, no point in adding a showdown tier 

lots of countries lack good players anyway, so many matches will be a joke

also it makes the event a bit more interesting (f*** gen8 tho)

Edited by Zigh
2 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

Because MMO lacks enough interesting tiers. If we had RU and PU as well if would be a different story.

I mean it is dependent on the format, in an 8 game per week format SD seems to make the most sense. Anything less than that and the value of that game might feel 2 high for something that is unrelated to MMO which I get. 

The other interesting part is that it seems like people prefer DPP which will have the largest skill gap between players compared to Gen 8, which most players are probably on a much more even playing ground.  It will be much harder to make up years of experience in something like DPP compared to modern gen OU. 

Also legit question why does adding an SD tier take away from the MMO aspect? A large part of the teamtour/mmo aspect is the community portion of the game which will still exists. The question comes down to how the quality of player is distributed and if adding an SD tier disproportionally benefits certain teams. 

what about having 2 differents format : 
- groupe stage with OU/UU/NU/LC/DUBS

- knockout stage with OU/UU/NU/LC/DUBS/ manager choice x2 
 (with or without smogon tier it  doesnt change a lot for this recommendation)

Enough with showdown honestly. We paid our respects more than enough. Psl teams shows what showdown causes to big events. Teams have players that dont play this game and cover a tier easily while other teams have to put their existing players in this tier and possibly lose them from another tier. I know a bunch of older players can participate with showdown cause they only play this now but said players should be capable to learn any pokemmo meta with a bit of help since they carry the experience with them. It becomes annoying for me to see ex pros or whatever in showdown appear in those events and give advantage to their teams just because a pokemmo player knows them and tells them to play this event. Good pr shouldnt be an advantage to this kind of competitions

There are hardly any people in the mmo who play the newer generations (Ss / SM) in random and want to play one from 4 generations ago, I am not against a level in Showdown, but it seems more partial that it is a format than most of people  have played, which prob are the newest

Edited by Huargensy
Hate traductor
16 minutes ago, Paul said:

I see this as a pretty big issue unless we have multiple teams for U.S./China/etc. 

Yeah that's why I think a large format with 8 duels could be better, countries like China would need like 10 teams for a 5vs5 format

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.