[HELP] Mods don't work for me

I was trying to add some Mods to my client but it just doesn't work. When I put Mods in the Mod folder, they don't show up in Mod Managment and importing Mods ALWAYS results in "Error importing Mod. Please make sure it is a valid Mod and that it is compatible with the current client". Yes, even if I try to import the PokeMMO Example Mod. I tried reinstalling the whole client and it still doesn't work. 
I loaded all roms that can be and I'm trying to import the .zip file, which is as far as I know the correct way. 

Any help is much appreciated.

4 hours ago, infernoswelt said:

I was trying to add some Mods to my client but it just doesn't work. [...]
Any help is much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Primeone said:

same problem here 

Can you try just opening your pokemmo install folder, and going to "data" then "mods"?

then just copy paste your zipped files into there.

valid mod formats are .zip and .mod

make sure your file structure looks like this:

sgSues8.png

also let me know if you happen to be playing on android, that might break specific older mods that haven't been updated.

edit: I found the 'import mod' button, i've personally never done it that way, just try 'open mods folder' button instead and see if that works for you.

Edited by Eggplant
3 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Can you try just opening your pokemmo install folder, and going to "data" then "mods"?

then just copy paste your zipped files into there.

valid mod formats are .zip and .mod

make sure your file structure looks like this:

I've done exactly that. The error still occurs.

5 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

also let me know if you happen to be playing on android

PC on Windows 10

Just now, Eggplant said:

Can you link me a specific mod you're trying to install?

Well I've tried plenty, but here are some examples: 

[GUI] EikoDark Theme (Now with 120% more dark!) - Client Customization - PokeMMO

[MOD] Generation 6/XY Pokémon (With followers & Icons) April update - Client Customization - PokeMMO

Even trying to Import the Example mod that comes with the client results in the same error. I've tried some other mods, but I don't have links to them.

.mod and .zip mods all don't work. 

2 minutes ago, infernoswelt said:

Well I've tried plenty, but here are some examples: 

[GUI] EikoDark Theme (Now with 120% more dark!) - Client Customization - PokeMMO

[MOD] Generation 6/XY Pokémon (With followers & Icons) April update - Client Customization - PokeMMO

Even trying to Import the Example mod that comes with the client results in the same error. I've tried some other mods, but I don't have links to them.

.mod and .zip mods all don't work. 

Alright.

Case 1 - The [GUI] theme is not really a mod. Or rather, custom gui aren't supported by the official mod functionality.

It's a workaround where you literally replace the gui-related files in your install folder with this custom one.

You don't import this one via mods feature.

Case 2 - I downloaded the gen 6 mod.

This is what i found:

qvy2koC.png

The zip should contain, at its root, the info.xml, icon.png and 'sprites' folder.

However, this zip contains another folder that contains those files.

I guess you could extract the zip, remove that middleman "X&Y Pokemon" folder, and recompress with the actual mod files at the very root of the zip.

Not sure if this is the fault of MEGA or the user formatted the mod incorrectly, but it's whatever.

At this point I'd wager the other mods you tried also have individual case-by-case specific issues, (as unlikely as it sounds), but the mod functionality in itself works fine on your computer.

8 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

At this point I'd wager the other mods you tried also have individual case-by-case specific issues, (as unlikely as it sounds), but the mod functionality in itself works fine on your computer.

I've now just tried some random mods to see if they'd work and they also don't. I tried: 

GEN 8 STYLE THEME + MODS - (WIP) android/pc support - Client Customization - PokeMMO

[MOD] Anime Sounds and Cries [SoundPackTV] - Client Customization - PokeMMO

Also I did notice, that there was a folder inside the .zip and recompressed the actual folder myself and that also resulted in that error message. Can you maybe link me a mod that just works so I can try it?

1 hour ago, infernoswelt said:

I've now just tried some random mods to see if they'd work and they also don't. I tried: 

GEN 8 STYLE THEME + MODS - (WIP) android/pc support - Client Customization - PokeMMO

[MOD] Anime Sounds and Cries [SoundPackTV] - Client Customization - PokeMMO

Also I did notice, that there was a folder inside the .zip and recompressed the actual folder myself and that also resulted in that error message. Can you maybe link me a mod that just works so I can try it?

Try this one, it's probably the most popular mod that everyone has downloaded.

Let me know how it goes.

If it fails, maybe you can screenshare on discord or something and i can help further?

And, just to reiterate, themes aren't mods, and they have separate installation instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, Eggplant said:

Try this one, it's probably the most popular mod that everyone has downloaded.

Let me know how it goes.

If it fails, maybe you can screenshare on discord or something and i can help further?

And, just to reiterate, themes aren't mods, and they have separate installation instructions.

wdym seperate installation 

32 minutes ago, JxshGX said:

wdym seperate installation 

a gui swap basically means client tampering. (except it's allowed, since it's only cosmetic)

you go into your install folder and swap out the files related to theming.

it's not supported by mod functionality, so shouldn't be considered a "mod" the same as a sprite mod or sound mod.

I think importing a mod after you have already placed it in the mods folder can fail and break it. 
Try only doing one or the other, import it or put it in the mods folder and restart your game.

For themes (GUIs) you just need to drop the themes main folder (unzipped) into the themes folder at PokeMMO\data\themes. 
For example heres my themes folder. 

image.thumb.png.5598db02fda0fd8801112a12b87b8140.png

Restart your game if it was running and then you can select the theme you want to use in Settings > Interface > Theme
image.thumb.png.ae28eb70fe97488b7c38e990b0ed95b7.png

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 1:33 PM, Eggplant said:

Alright.

Case 1 - The [GUI] theme is not really a mod. Or rather, custom gui aren't supported by the official mod functionality.

It's a workaround where you literally replace the gui-related files in your install folder with this custom one.

You don't import this one via mods feature.

Case 2 - I downloaded the gen 6 mod.

This is what i found:

qvy2koC.png

The zip should contain, at its root, the info.xml, icon.png and 'sprites' folder.

However, this zip contains another folder that contains those files.

I guess you could extract the zip, remove that middleman "X&Y Pokemon" folder, and recompress with the actual mod files at the very root of the zip.

Not sure if this is the fault of MEGA or the user formatted the mod incorrectly, but it's whatever.

Hey, the mod is formatted correctly. You just have to drag and drop the zipped folder into the mods folder. It doesn't need to be opened or extracted or anything. Doing it like this is a viable way especially if zipped. 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:31 PM, MrobejaS said:

Yes, I still can't find a solution, I saw several videos on Youtube but none helped me and the people on channel 1 couldn't help me either. 

Hey, for android you need .mod files. Not all mods work on android so you need a specifically formatted .mod exention version of the mod. Make sure you downloaded the mobile version of the mod if there is one.

Just to cover bases ? if you have problems with the mod install try to run the program as admin then select the "client repair option" from the title screen of the game. I had issues after adding a mod i was making once and had to do this to get it to work again, mileage may vary and this may or may not help for your situation, but its always a wise step to take!

Best of luck guys!

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I need help with the same problem. i want to use this mod: 

and downloaded the right files, but in the mod-settings i cannot see the mod. if i want to import that mod-file, a massge appers: "This mod is actualy in the list, please delete this mod to import a new one"

If i delete the file and downloaded it again, this not helped.. client repair not help. 

I dont know what i do wrong :( I have 3 another mods (gen 5 sprites, etc) active but the gengar shiny sprits mod not working

22 hours ago, NuRuNiR said:

I need help with the same problem. i want to use this mod: 

and downloaded the right files, but in the mod-settings i cannot see the mod. if i want to import that mod-file, a massge appers: "This mod is actualy in the list, please delete this mod to import a new one"

If i delete the file and downloaded it again, this not helped.. client repair not help. 

I dont know what i do wrong :( I have 3 another mods (gen 5 sprites, etc) active but the gengar shiny sprits mod not working

For PC?