Betting on PvP

BlooBoi23

Question

I think it would be a great idea if we could bet in-game money, items, Pokemon, first born children, etc on PvP matches.

A lot of users seem to have way more money than they know what to do with anyway, so what better way to spend it than to make your battles a little more interesting? 

Maybe it can just be added onto the usual battle options menu that comes up when challenging someone.. probably with a max/match/decline bet option as well.. And maybe somehow we can bet on tournaments e are spectating much like how Super Smash Bros does. 

What y'all think?:thonking:

6 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, BlooBoi23 said:

I think it would be a great idea if we could bet in-game money, items, Pokemon, first born children, etc on PvP matches.

comb.io - Much Apu About Nothing

In all seriousness this has its flaws - I know there's betting for PSL and World Cup, but players can fix certain matches to win money so you would need some kind of anonymous feature.

Generally though I don't think MMO promotes gambling especially as despite many adults playing it's still a children's game, so I can't see this being implemented.

Betting is already a thing, in PSL, some tournament threads, people do bet in game money on PvP battle, there are fixed rules as well, look the PvP section in forums.

People actually bet a lot.

Edited by FighterChamp
23 hours ago, Imperial said:

comb.io - Much Apu About Nothing

In all seriousness this has its flaws - I know there's betting for PSL and World Cup, but players can fix certain matches to win money so you would need some kind of anonymous feature.

Generally though I don't think MMO promotes gambling especially as despite many adults playing it's still a children's game, so I can't see this being implemented.

Aside from the slot machines in Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh (idk about Unova, I haven't played through that one yet), the original game at least already promotes "gambling". You get money when you win, you lose a couple dollars when you lose. The only difference between what I'm proposing and the real game is that I'm calling it what it is.. or at least what I choose to see it as.. betting money. 

I do agree with the first part though, this can be easily be abused but there could probably be a max betting option to prevent winning TOO much money.