Just a question about travelling between regions

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've just never seen it been answered and I am concerned for my game. I'm pretty far along in my Platinum Playthrough and I was wondering if I switched regions, say I switched to Unova, would I lose all of my progress in Sinnoh?

55 minutes ago, sheepai said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've just never seen it been answered and I am concerned for my game. I'm pretty far along in my Platinum Playthrough and I was wondering if I switched regions, say I switched to Unova, would I lose all of my progress in Sinnoh?

Hello. If you travel to a new region, you will not lose the progress in your previous region. You can always return when you have obtained 4+ gym badges in your new region by travelling from the port city (Castelia City in this example with the Unova region). You can also travel back before obtaining two gym badges by talking to your NPC mother (you need to have claimed your starter Pokémon in the region before this method works).

Also, all items except for HMs and key items will follow you and you will need to obtain these in your new region. Your Pokémon will be boxed and you can use them again when you have obtained enough badges to increase your level cap. 

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

28 minutes ago, Esranius said:

u will not lose your progress in Sinnoh. Just your Pokemon which was leveled will be in your PC Box and you just start a new tourney and u get a new Level cap.

27 minutes ago, Sethsen said:

Hello. If you travel to a new region, you will not lose the progress in your previous region. You can always return when you have obtained 4+ gym badges in your new region by travelling from the port city (Castelia City in this example with the Unova region). You can also travel back before obtaining two gym badges by talking to your NPC mother (you need to have claimed your starter Pokémon in the region before this method works).

Also, all items except for HMs and key items will follow you and you will need to obtain these in your new region. Your Pokémon will be boxed and you can use them again when you have obtained enough badges to increase your level cap. 

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Thank you both!! I am new to this game I appreciate the help.