Roadmap

dragsterliam

Question

1 answer to this question

I second this, though the non-committal nature of the devs is so well-known that it's basically an in-joke (honestly, though, I do think that being so nonchalant about it as to bandy about the word "Soon(tm)" could be a turnoff to a lot of players). I doubt this will happen. I don't know what goes on in their lives. I assume they all have day jobs. Knowing that Nintendo could put its foot down at any time would make me not want to commit to anything when I know it can never be my stable, full-time income.

On the other hand, having more dev updates and be able to see something of what they're working on would be wonderful. I've had my attention diverted to Elder Scrolls Online for a while. Why? Because the player base is made aware of updates and expansions regularly, so there's always something to remain excited about. Pokemmo, on the other hand, it's always just "soon(tm)." Eventually, people get tired of "soon". 

I'd like to point out that even big AAA studios have trouble maintaining a real, accurate roadmap an then sticking to it so the track record of the this practice is pretty poor all around. I think it'd be nice just to have some kind of showcase of what the devs are working on in terms of new content or features. I know just trying to maintain and balance everything is a big job, but having something new to look forward to would be nice.

Edited by AnRae